The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Open forum- anybody has truth about EV's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Open forum- anybody has truth about EV's
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2022 04:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There are so many little known facts about electric vehicles. If you have a juicy tidbit about the worthlessness, uselessness of battery powered vehicles, please share the facts.

I hear the resale is ridiculous. They are pretty much a one owner then headed for the trash heap, but I don't know for sure. Liberals are the only market.

What else?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2022 03:24 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Heard a story the other day (can't remember when and where or who) but they said the harm and problems with the used batteries is/will be worse than the emissions from gas powered cars now.

We're being sold a bill of goods by the kooks.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2022 10:07 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Battery replacement costs a fortune. A guy I know has some electric trucks and he says to replace the battery pack is $25,000.

The US electric grid struggles with brown outs and black outs every year. With the heat wave it only gets worse. What happens when 25 million electric vehicles start getting plugged in every night?

[ July 20, 2022, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Semp ]

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2022 01:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's dishonest to crow about not spending money on gas, but what does a recharge cost? I have never heard that mentioned, wonder why? I guess it's because they want you to think the driving is free?

But it really is about batteries and when they are dead, they are a worse hazard in landfills than an inert internal combustion engine. Everything about "green technology" is a friggin' lie!

Yeah, they crow about, no pollution of the exhaust gasses, but same thing; the generating of that electricity involved pollution, there's no free lunch.

Add to that the never mentioned incentives, government subsidies for artificially decreasing the actual cost of purchasing EV's. You and I are paying for the governments effort to push everybody into EV's.

But, getting back to the vehicle battery. How much is the dead weight, it has to be several hundred pounds? I'm not saying a V8 engine is nothing but I am pretty sure they weigh half that amount? And here is a technology that has been around since, (what) if you count a flathead V8, maybe 80 years to refine it?

We aren't going to see CHEAPER AND LIGHTER EV batteries anytime soon. A battery is a battery, Lead acid or lithium, NiCad or whatever? But, we really are blessed with enormous petroleum reserves. Just in natural gas they say we have at least a 500 year supply. and at the risk of some caribou twisting his leg on one of those well heads, banning drilling on the north slope is a joke. It's like derricks offshore, great places to fish, hardly a threat to the environment. In fact down in and around Cabo, if you can find a rooted up bush or even a piece of Styrofoam, 30 miles offshore, I can guarantee that there will be fish under it.

Anyway, if the EV problem didn't involve so much deceit, I don't think anyone would be convinced. I worked in many food plants over the years, meat, dairy confectionary etc. They are forced to use battery powered fork lifts compared to those that are propane powered. Well, you can't have that toxic exhaust in a food plant so battery powered is the way to go. Other than that, give me a good reason?

Give up?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2022 03:02 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a couple new Toyotas...a 4runner and a Tacoma..both 4x4. I'm not getting rid of them anytime soon to buy a fucking EV of any kind. Gas is pricey right now, it may stay that way forever, but guess what....like I said years ago, as soon as everyone goes all electric they will be taxing the fucking shit outta electricity along with a milage tax to boot....so what's the difference? They already have it ready to go in Kalifornia along with a new tax scheme for everyone with solar panels on thier houses. No matter what they are going to get their tax money...the sun ain't "free".
I can buy a lot of gas for what a new EV cost at this point...for now.

I know people that ran out and bought Teslas and they regret it almost immediately. 100 degree days the AC don't work so well...it just won't handle it....as well as the heat cuts into the battery life quite a bit too. All kinds of quirks.

Me driving 1080 miles to Texas...topped off 3 times with gas...did not see any charging stations along the way. Sure they are somewhere but I'm not sitting in some sketchy ass place in Albuquerque for an hour waiting to get charged up ( if I was in an EV)

It'll take 15 or 20 years for that shit to be viable imo.

Mark

[ July 20, 2022, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2022 07:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
In my opinion, it will never work, it’s a friggin’ pipe dream! Let’s face it the fucking environmentals are Liberal control freaks and they have zero problems with forcing EVERYBODY to do their bidding. So what if it won’t work, at least they TRIED!

Because they are true believers, just like AOC. It’s the quest, and there is no slack in the effort, it’s fucking communist philosophy central planning and when you are dealing with “True Believers” and willing to bankroll all their plans with your money, even if it won’t work, and it won’t, these fuckers are wild eyed zealots and will never give up.

It’s a shame really, how twisted they think. But it’s like I always say; there’s just one way to stop them and it’s driving a wooden stake through their heart, that’s the kind of zombie mind set we are dealing with.

Short answer; these assholes are friggin’ SICK!

It would be so easy if we just let them have their way, the 20% that are committed Liberals. But let them do it with their money and see how far it goes. But no fucking dice on forcing the government into their stupid shit.

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2022 04:58 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, regarding your remark about battery weight:  A battery pack weighs a whole lot more than an internal combustion engine. A new Toyoyta Camry is more than 1,000 pounds lighter than a Tesla Model S.   I read an article about how expensive and special the tires are for EVs.  They have to handle heavier payloads while maintaining low rolling resistance to maintain driving range.  They are very expensive.  
I know a tesla owner who is very well off.  He paid cash and paid for unlimited quick charging at tesla charging stations.  He loves the car because it is the fastest accelerating car he has ever owned.  Electric motors create huge amounts of torque.  Locomotives run very large diesel engines.  When they get this engine reved up, they engage the dynamo to start moving trains that can be over a mile long.  Torque is what gives you great acceleration.   

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2022 01:07 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
So ............. To end our dependence on oil, we are to drop major coin on an E/V with no resale value that runs on Electricity that in most cases comes from coal fired generation ?????

You'd think that they would at least put a couple of solar panels on those cars [Confused]

And as I recall .... Biden promised to shut down the coal industry.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2022 06:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
IT'S ALL A FUCKING SCAM!

None of it makes sense, they are dreamers, they haven't thought this thing through, even past first base.

Why doesn't somebody, ANYbody speak up and announce that ALL of the environmental bullshit is a friggin' lie!

As was just stated by someone who knows, the weight penalty alone is reason to question the efficiency and utility and the logic of electric vehicles. Oh yeah, we got immediate torque and go fast response....BFD. But that's not the hype, at all. They are supposed to save the fucking planet and that is a huge LIE! It's no solution whatsoever.

I guess they believe it as a solution just because it's a shiny object. It doesn't expel exhaust. That's all it does; but there's no free lunch. The fucking 'pollution' part of the equation happens at the power generation facility. Why don't they think about it?

They might as well war against breathing. If only we didn't breath, there would be no need for deification. And it goes in fucking circles!

Energy is simple and complicated. We have engineers and we have politicians. Politicians are in charge of policy, but they need sound advice, not Fairy Dust!

For the foreseeable future, we will need internal combustion engines to get around, so get used to it!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2022 07:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
In response to ko ko's comment. What the guy said about coal fired power generation plants.

Okay, first of all, America has huge deposits of coal. We have a lot of natural gas underground. Natural gas is a great solution with very little pollution. Okay, in the meantime we have coal fired plants mainly on the east coast. So, solve the pollution problem and don't tell me it can't be done. It can be done, so treat it as if there is no other choice for low cost generation. Use coal and improve the pollution problem or fucking convert to natural gas and it ain't too hard, it happens all the time, especially with boilers.

We are dealing with idiots! the whole freakin' environmental movement is full of blooming idiots! If they won't listen to logic, we have no choice. Take them out and shoot them! But quit electing idiots that do not think straight!

Liberals are so fucking stupid and it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't always want to be in charge and MANDATE EVERYTHING!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters