The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Whats going on....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whats going on....
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2022 12:57 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
...around here? Ain't been here in a coons age...however long that is. How's it hanging?
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2022 02:26 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
By the thread of our teeth! Nobody posts because it's all been said:

"Is a 223 enough for coyotes?"

"How long should I stay on stand?"

"What's the best time of year?"

"Is a dying rabbit any good.....

They have all been answered a hundred times!

So, here we are, the last of the Mohicans!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2022 05:53 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Mostly politics anymore, but hey, I've got a killer Deviled Egg recipe if anybody's interested.

[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2022 05:59 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well,carry on men. If anyone needs me I live in Texas now. Dumped Kalifornia a few months ago and moved to the land of perpetual wind and dirt.
Mark

--------------------

Knows what it's all about
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2022 05:45 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm spending more time with my pellet grill than my guns.
Posts: 191 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2022 01:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Smart move Mark! I should get off my ass and do something. I've ALWAYS wanted to move to Arizona! I mean, since the 1950's I've been going there, relatives and just hunting. Always said, told everybody I wanted to move there when I retire. Hasn't happened!

But, my grandson was out here a month ago and he said he would help me move and that's a damned good incentive! It might be enough to make me get off the DIME! A few have met him, he's a disabled Vet, lives in Fountain, Colorado. He got a lung disease in Iraq, couldn't pass the annual PT test and they forced him out @ 80% of his E-5 pay. Anyway. Get those PODS in the drive way and start packing, then pound a 'for sale' sign in the yard. Could actually happen?

Good hunting. El Bee

[ July 14, 2022, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2022 03:00 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey WWW Dude;
I don't have a pellet grill but I did set up a couple of air rifle pellet targets to plink at while I'm bbq-ing on the gas grill.

If you have no regard for your waist-line ....... [Eek!]

Dump a jar of honey into a Zip-Loc bag.
Add some clove or nutmeg or all-spice or whatever you have laying around.
Halve some fresh peaches & remove the pits. Put 'em into the honey & squish around.
Grill the halves long enough to caramelize the honey a bit and get some good grill lines.
Put a couple of halves into a bowl and add some decent strawberry preserve where the pits were.
Add a couple of scoops of Hagen-Das Vanilla ice cream.
A splash of Peace Schnapps over everything is optional.

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2022 04:40 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
LB,Arizona was first on my list but wife wasn't having it. Idaho was next but didn't happen either. Texas came up cause the wife had a couple family members here, and we wanted to buy a house cash outright, and price was right so we did it. Craziest thing I've done in a very long time, scary to boot.

Love California...born and raised there...really miss it...but I couldn't take the bullshit anymore so we put our money where our mouth is and left. Sold a couple extra vehicles we had, drove our 2 main rigs over here, rented a small moving van and drove all the way back to get the rest of our shit and drove back to Texas. I'll never do that again but was unavoidable.

So far so good here...went over to New Mexico to do some calling recently which was good. I planned to sort of semi retire or at least just work part time somewhere but ended up getting an offer for more than I was making in Cali so probly take it and see what happens.

This place is 20 years behind Kalifornia...and I hope it stays that way.
Mark

[ July 14, 2022, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted July 14, 2022 05:22 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm envious and jealous!

edit: and by the way, you kinda screwed up with the wife when she nixed the Arizona idea. See, I'm just guessing, but if she is anything like my wife's attitude, she had this image of Phoenix especially in the summer and assumed the whole friggin' state was just like Phoenix Valley-----NOT TRUE!

Arizona has eleven distinct climate zones from ALPINE to SUB TROPICAL! If you can't find a climate in that range somewhere in that state, that suits you, you aren't trying too hard. For diversity, it's hard to beat, and I don't know where it offers a broader range of choices....O dunno, maybe New Mexico, but they have gone seriously Democrat and that's what we are trying to get away from.

In all the time I have spent in AZ, I have literally been all over, top to bottom and east to west.

And, that's a problem too! I like too much of it, can't really decide. Even Phoenix, they don't fight it, there is a lot of working around the heat of the day, get up early for a round of golf and be finished and breakfasted way before it get's hot. The businesses tend to stay open later, many restaurants open 'til 11 and 12, so a siesta in the middle of the day makes sense.

Anyway, good luck in Texas. I lived in El Paso when I was in the Army, off base, and it's damned near as bad a Phoenix, so at least the gun politics are agreeable.

Anyway, as you indicated, I can unload this dump and buy an adequate 1200/1400 sq ft house for cash with half my proceeds and bank the rest.

Hard to figure how to lose, but I need somebody to shame me into pulling the damned trigger!

Good hunting. El Bee

[ July 14, 2022, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Knows what it's all about
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2022 04:26 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
Koko,
Recipe sounds great. Since I got the pellet grill I've pretty much given up on my propane grill.

Posts: 191 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2022 10:50 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Shame you into moving!?!
You are too old and to damn stubborn to shame into anything. BUT getting the hell out of your workers paradise would be a sensible and smart move on your part.Any prudent person that is.
I don't know but maybe your not as bright as I give you credit for. I mean you are living the movie Idocracy there in commiefornia and you seem to be happy as a clam at high tide there.
Your views on how adequate a 223 is, sucks.
You know damn well a dying rabbit call will, on occasion,. call up a first year coyote witin 5 minutes. No need to call any longer from the cab of your truck.
AND early summer or late spring is the best time of year to kill record numbers of coyotes.
But anyone who loves high taxes, shit for neighbors, all demonrats, and record gas prices should stay there in that paradise you now call home.
Did I cover all the bases?
And your still there in cali.... I'll say a prayer for you as you need all the prayers you can get LEO......Leonard, I know you like being called that LOL!!!!!

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted July 15, 2022 11:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I am pretty sure you covered all worth mentioning, and I deserve every bit of your abuse; left with no shame, plus I ran out of (plausible) excuses many years ago.

Worst wince, by far is Leo, followed: Honorable mention, Lenbo. If I think of anything else, I will prolly get back to you.... You Amelican Plick!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2022 12:53 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok ........... Pour a fifth of Peach Schnapps into a gal. of ice tea & enjoy a cold one on the patio while finding fault with my logic;

(1) The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.
(2) Calif. politics are to the far left of Liberal.
(3) The economy of Calif. cannot sustain the growing class of welfare / homeless / illegal / drug addict losers/
(4) Continued tax increases will continue to drive the wealthy & middle class out, lowering the overall standards of living.
(5) The entire infrastructure of Calif. will implode under debt, mismanagement, and demand.
(6) The inflated Calif. housing market bubble will burst.

............ and when that happens you will not be able to sell in Calif. and buy free & clear in another state. You will be trapped in Calif. and at the mercy of those in power.

Tell me where I'm wrong .......... I'll wait.

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

[ July 15, 2022, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2022 05:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What if we frog march the Demobastards to the scaffold and hang them with a brand new rope BEFORE they can do any more damage? Hasn't been tried before, might work?

[ July 15, 2022, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2022 06:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Page views this month (07/2022): 314,304

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters