The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » I don't like gun control BUT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't like gun control BUT
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2022 05:17 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
While on a 5500 mile 5 week road trip, I started talking to a packing Texan getting gas next to me. We hit it off when I told him I was carrying concealed. He told me that it was leaked that the Uvalde shooter committed a criminal offense when he was a juvenile.

It got me thinking that we need to change this idea of juvenile offenders getting a clean slate on their 18th birthday. The state needs to pass legislation to perform a background check for all potential gun buyers 25 years of age or younger to see if they have juvenile offenses. If they do, make them wait until their 26th birthday.

I say the people running this state level check system must keep this information private. The only thing the gun store knows is the application was denied.

Scientists have proven the human brain matures at age 25 so I say let these young offenders purchase at age 26 if they haven't committed any crimes as an adult.

Everyone's opinion will be appreciated.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1921 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2022 12:39 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I for one, can see no fault in your logic.

Knowing that the slate would not be cleared on the 18th birthday might also keep a juvenile from committing a crime in the first place.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7503 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Knows what it's all about
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2022 06:47 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you also but the only question I have would be, can the so called state actually keep it all private. I only say this because of what happened in commifornia when they somehow lost all the data about concealed carry permits when they made a secure transfer of information from one computer system to another. To increase efficiency. So now the names and addresses of every permit holder in that fucked up communist state is out there for anyone who wants to know who those gun owners are and where they live.
Anytime you register anything or apply for a permit they have all they need to round up all your guns.
And another thing is all those idiots that bought into getting those marijuana medical cards were never told that it is a federal crime to be a pot head and you are not allowed to own a firearm if you are a so called drug user.
So now with all these secure computers that can be hacked by anyone with those abilities can start pressing the government to enforce those laws and arrest those that have medical cards and take those evil guns away.
on and on and on.
I have issues with registering any gun anywhere because you can not trust the government, state or federal. They both talk doublespeak and just twist the truth and just plain lie to all of us.

--------------------
Idiocracy. Started as a comedy and is now a documentary about the U.S.

Posts: 624 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2022 08:57 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Somehow, given the political climate in Calif., I don't see the state government stepping up and taking responsibility for the personal information being made public.
Is the state of Calif. even going to notify those people that their information has been compromised ?? ........... Don't hold your breath.
Will their even be an attempt to find out if the date leak was in fact an accident or deliberate ???
And lastly, should someone come to harm because of this data leak will the state do the right thing or respond with the usual Dim-ocrate Double-Speak ????

The only ones that I see winning in this one are the lawyers.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7503 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2022 09:00 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
My sister in law worked for the Arizona Supreme court in the juvinile department. She never told me about any violations. However, every state is different.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2022 09:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's all lopsided, as far as I am concerned. Why protect every fuck up under the age of 18, just because thy get a free pass forever, no matter how foul and demented. Sealed records are potentially detrimental to the rest of the citizens welfare. In other words, the public right to know critical information is blocked because of the perpetrators chronological age? I'm thinking of how a very minor "DOMESTIC" incident can, & so very Cavalierly destroy a man's rights forever. I just have a problem with "forever" laws of all flavors, no exceptions, etc. On the other hand, a child molester never changes, so it would be unwise to protect their records just as thoroughly and bulletproof as Obama's academic "privacy" screens, for instance.

If it's true that this kid did something very disqualifying, that we can't know, before his 18th birthday, there seems to be a real flaw in the juvenile court system!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31304 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2022 06:55 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Just read a comment posted on Fox that I thought was pretty good at explaining some things very simply about our 2nd amendment rights. This is by noah Webster and pretty much says it.

"Taking away guns gives control to governments. The founders of this nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt and seek to rule as the British did by trying to disarm the populace of the colonies. It is not difficult to understand that a disarmed populace is a controlled populace. Thus, the second amendment was proudly and boldly included in the U.S. Constitution. It must be preserved at all costs. So the next time someone tries to tell you that gun control is about saving lives, look at these facts and remember these words from Noah Webster: "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the whole body of the people are armed and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force at the command of Congress can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power." Remember, when it comes to "gun control," the important word is “control," not “gun".

--------------------

NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2022 06:59 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Seems I am pretty adapt at screwing things up when I try to edit crap.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2022 07:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to fix it. Did I?

Anyway, the theory is sound, we need our guns to resist tyranny by a Tyrant.

The thing that pissed me off the other day was the comment by our Moron President Biden when he said words to the effect that it's laughable to consider our reliance on weapons of war like AR15's when the government has Nukes and F15's.

There are quite a few people that consider the movie Red Dawn to be a template for resistance to invasion. Yeah, I liked the concept myself.

Liberal Assholes like Biden have not a clue! The pilot of that F15 with the nuclear bomb has to climb out of that cockpit and when he does, he's dead meat for a high schooler with a deer hunting rifle!

They just don't get it! "Yeah, but that's only for joining a militia." Yeah, right Einstein! WE should just get in line while they hand out assault rifles after the NAZI troops are already in our driveway! Liberals can't think anything through, logically!

Yes, exactly! A 15 year old kid can crawl through the fucking weeds and lie there all fucking night just for a chance to plug some asshole dictator like Biden as he gets on his bike in the morning. It's exactly the same with the loyal armor trooper climbing out of the hatch of his M1 Abrams tank after terrorizing Cleveland all afternoon. Bingo! and that's one less government Lackey. Pretty soon, they are afraid to leave the friggin' BUNKER!

So, that's how Girilla Warfare works. And fucking Biden thinks his F15's are going to protect him!

PS this is an example, NSA! I'm not advocating for the overthrow of this stupid, pathetic, clueless Democrat Administration. (but, it could be done) So, hold on to your fucking deer rifle because it makes Tyrants nervous! Who needs a fucking F15? Clueless Liberals!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Aznative
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2022 07:59 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
It proves Biden's policy on resisting "mostly peaceful protests" from people that are conservatives is a total scorched earth policy. The press should be all over this statement.

And the liberals couldn't stand Trump's tweets.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2022 08:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Since I do not tweet, I am unaffected by somebody's "opinion" of MEAN TWEETS. It just goes to show how petty and juvenile the Liberal Left is.

As I understand it, because Trump never caught a break, especially from his own party!

He did stuff that the timid conservatives wanted to do for 30 fucking years and all we got was excuses and whining. Trump accomplished many things and got zero credit, because, you know, the mean tweets.

And here we are with a fucking Vegetable President, and Republicans aren't even objecting, they aren't pounding the table demanding impeachment on grounds that are obvious to everyone!

He got the Roe v Wade thing done and the Never Trumpers have been harping about for 30-40 years and never got close.

What more could the guy do? I dunno?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters