The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Ponderings

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ponderings
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2022 09:31 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
While watching the sunrise this morning over a cup of coffee and a few 'gong shots' with my air rifle, I got to thinking;
The talking heads on the news tell me that Calif. wants to impose a new tax on solar panels because the solar owners aren't 'paying their fair share' of upkeep on the electric grid.
Leave it to Calif. to think up a way to tax sunshine.
People owning or considering electric vehicles should be taking that very seriously. E/V owners who aren't paying gas tax for road upkeep are going to need to step up and pay their fair share, too.
More taxes. ....... And we all know that once a tax is imposed, it NEVER goes away or the rate goes down.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2022 09:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, they said similar during the Second World War when congress imposed an excise tax on telephone service as an emergency measure....just for the duration. And, as that special emergency telephone tax is still with us, ko ko doesn't say something that is not true. Umm? Did I just employ a double negative? So sue me!

I'm still not clear on the advantage of my solar panels? I pay the company that installed them anywhere from about $80 to $140 per month, and they conveniently just help themselves to my checking account. Beyond that, I still pay the power company between 3 and 5 dollars a month and at the end of the year, I get a refund of about 40/50 bucks.

Before, I paid Southern California Edison (let's say) about $150 a month, on average, I can't figure it out? But I get the impression that I can run my A/C unit when it's hot for almost nothing? That's a big difference versus really high costs to Edison during summer months when I'm afraid to turn it on, and even if it's possible because of "brown out" policies where they unapologetically shut me down to conserve the grid.

The one thing I am clear about is that the county of San Bernardino reappraised my humble abode to the tune of $14,000 evaluation which increase my property taxes.

It's difficult to figure if I'm being played. I just don't know?

Good Hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31478 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2022 11:00 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If you wonder if you're being played ......... you're being played.

And another thing; I keep hearing that 'the rich' should pay their fair share (To be determined but not defined by the left ).
Seems to me that the only 'fair share' would be the Flat Tax where everybody pays the same rate.

[Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2022 12:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Then what would be the incentive for those Latinx types pouring over the southern border? The Left would denounce that as discriminatory. Too funny!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS, got a phone message from Danny Guevara, code name Loco. I'll have to listen again to get all of it, I think it was about access and Paul?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31478 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2022 03:16 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
A.K.A. Smoke Dancer ????

--------------------

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2022 05:50 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Hola Amigos,

Leonard finally let me in!! Haha Fer real, fer real, everytime I get a new phone, I get the boot and have difficulty signing back in. I was using the same sign-in and passwords but only just now succeeded.

I am sorry to you fellas for your loss of Paul. Man, I liked him. It broke my heart to hear the news. I was blessed to talk to him a few days before he passed. I see him on Facebook often, when he isn't in Facebook prison for speaking honesties... He has always been really encouraging, supportive, and loves our family adventure pictures. I have been thinking of calling him to encourage him. As it turned out, it was his
birthday the morning I called. He had just gotten home from the hospital and he told me he was feeling so much better. We had a wonderful conversation. I was shocked when I read a post on FB from the old Professor, that Paul had died!!

I know he was a regular and active member on this board and that you guys all really liked him too! I'm sorry for your loss, too.

[ May 29, 2022, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2022 06:50 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey LocoDude;
So .............. Don't be a stranger and drop by once in a while !!!!

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters