The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » We lost a great freind.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We lost a great freind.
Clint
Knows what it's all about
Member # 346

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2022 06:47 AM      Profile for Clint   Email Clint         Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to let all of Paul Melching's friends here that he passes away Wednesday morning at home in Seligman, AZ. He will be missed.
Posts: 148 | From: Mesa, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2022 08:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Clint. I just knew, before I clicked on this, what it was about.I'm very sorry, I know he was your friend and hunting partner. I've hunted with both of you, of course.

But,I just knew this was going to be coming up, every word and action pointed to Paul's being very seriously ill, which we already knew. Anybody forced to take their meals through a straw is probably not in very good health.

The first time I talked to Paul was at the campout at Pichacho Peak, and I know I'm probably mangling the spelling. But, I had just broke my stool for making stands and he jumped up right away and offered me a spare that he had brought with him. I can tell you that it was a pretty big deal, where I wouldn't have to drive into Tucson looking for a replacement. A stool is pretty important out there in the flats, where we were. Other places where you have hillsides that you can sit means that the worst that would happen is that you might get a wet butt, but at least you can see incoming.

Paul was a genuinely good guy, I can't remember any negativity, just a decent fellow, in my opinion. I will miss him!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2022 10:02 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have the words .......... just saddened.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2022 05:36 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
So Sorry
Posts: 191 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2022 05:22 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
That man fought the good fight. A man of character, conviction and obvious love of family and friends. He appeared to live his life on his terms, never seemed to have two fucks to give if you differed with his opinions.
I enjoyed Paul's company the few times I was fortunate to be around the campfire with him. His loved ones must have tremendous grief with his passing. Rest peace Paul.

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2022 08:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent him a handgun in the mail once, it's probably illegal but so what? They will never take me alive!

Upon arrival, he said: You got balls!
What a nice compliment!!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2022 02:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Loco is trying to get signed in to express his condolences. I hope it works?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2022 06:00 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Hola Amigos,

Leonard finally let me in!! Haha Fer real, fer real, everytime I get a new phone, I get the boot and have difficulty signing back in. I was using the same sign-in and passwords but only just now succeeded.

I am sorry to you fellas for your loss of Paul. Man, I liked him. It broke my heart to hear the news. I was blessed to talk to him a few days before he passed. I see him on Facebook often, when he isn't in Facebook prison for speaking honesties... He has always been really encouraging, supportive, and loves our family adventure pictures. I have been thinking of calling him to encourage him. As it turned out, it was his
birthday the morning I called. He had just gotten home from the hospital and he told me he was feeling so much better. We had a wonderful conversation. I was shocked when I read a post on FB from the old Professor, that Paul had died!!

I know he was a regular and active member on this board and that you guys all really liked him too! I'm sorry for your loss, too.

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2022 09:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just looked at your stats Danny. Wow, that's impressive! He has requested his log in information prior to every single post! Just over 2200 times, I think it's a record?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS I'm exaggerating a little bit

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2022 05:12 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, the circle is getting smaller.

I adored his "in your face attitude".

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2022 05:23 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Hardy, har, har!!😆

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 31, 2022 09:10 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on, Danny. I'm just teasing, and you know damned well that i'm exaggerating a little. I'm not even complaining. I tell everyone to write down their member # so I don't have to scroll alphabetically through thousands of applications. If you guys would update your email occasionally, that would help also.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS How's your "Chick"? Do you have enough kids for a baseball team yet?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters