The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Renewals in a few days (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Renewals in a few days
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2022 06:20 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd hate to see this board go down. I also would be willing to donate to keep it open. I quit facebook about a year ago, and I don'tdo any other social media sites.

I'm sorry to hear about your foot. May you heal quickly.

It is nice to see Jay on this site again.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1925 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2022 09:27 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok ............... This thread has gone to page two without going off topic.
There-fore according to the Terms Of Service agreement that we all signed, Chapter Nine, Page 27, Paragraph 83 clearly states that under these conditions, the site must remain open.
Guess that settles that. [Razz]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2022 12:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a damned good thing we got ko ko to keep us on topic so that was money well spent!

I just got back from the Kaiser Podiatrist and thoughtfully, he let me view the pictures for the first time! Nobody else, in those first 3 visits thought to do that! It's the SECOND METACARPAL, and the surgery would be a bitch. He didn't use that word but I got the gist of it just looking at the photos. The bone is pushed way off and there's quite a gap from where it would be normally. He suggests letting it heal and stay off of it and maybe we won't need to go under the knife? I'm not in favor of foot surgery no matter what! So, I better live with it!

Thank you folks for checking in! I've been pretty sure that there are members, non members and looky loos to the extent that I claimed....although I have no reason to exaggerate one way or the other, and WE KNOW THAT THIS TYPE OF MEDIA IS LOSING INTEREST, but it is what it is!

If people want to maintain some sort of contact with like minded individuals, it's nobody's business! There are still hard core, knowledgable predator hunters drifting in and out and it doesn't matter if we want to talk about cars or woodworking or covid restrictions, we are all on the same wavelength, so leave us the fuck alone!

Why harass me? Why bother to write that HM needs to be shut down? Get a life, worry about something else like CLIMATE CHANGE! So, although I think it's getting spendy at $431! (but) I'm going to keep the site open, for a few loyal friends and for me as something to do! Who cares? I appreciate the offers but this has been my gift to the brotherhood for 20 years and it's well spent. If PMS folks are bothered by it, I'm glad. For the life of me, I can't see why they do it, write to my provider and ask that it be closed down, shit like that, even trying to cancel my email address, they are anal! And wasting their time!

Thank you all for putting up with the drama!
Good hunting. El Bee

PS you should see the fancy boot I got now! and after not seeing my foot for the last 4 days it has really got black and blue that I didn't see before and now "it looks as painful as it feels" Beautiful colors, too!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2022 08:39 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Good news.
For the Board. Not you foot.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2022 03:55 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Well LB girlfriend fell while walking and she has a hair-line crack in her pinky finger.
Last two weeks has been a killer on the over 60's crowd.
Hang in there and do what the doctor says.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2022 05:50 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad that you're keeping the site open. Although I don't contribute much, I do enjoy reading posts by like-minded people.

Sorry to hear about your latest misery but I guess it comes with age. At least you got a fancy new boot out of the deal.

Posts: 191 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2022 07:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Morning, Class!

Yeah, you know this is like Ukraine and the Russian Bear on a slightly smaller scale. They won't be happy until HM is history so they bring in the tanks and the artillery, rape our weamon & chillin' and piss on my shoes! I mean boots.

This just dawned on me. That other soft cast I could drive without much problem. This new "Magnum" boot, I don't see how there's even room down there for brake and throttle to be operated one at a time? I suppose it's time for Uber?

My daughter said that Uber and Lyft are banned from the airport. Sounds like the Taxi Mafia fixed that up?

Tillie is not forgetting her mission, amid all this Chaos; and if any friggin' cat walks on that back wall, she's going to let me know!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: hair line crack? Pinky finger? That reminds me! Shelley decided she would groom Pinky's top feathers, and you know when a new one is growing out they have like a sheath around the "follicle" or whatever it's called? Well, apparently new growth is tender or sensitive and he turned around and got her on the PINKY! Fucking temperamental bird!

[ April 12, 2022, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2022 09:05 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Lay flattened Shake & Bake boxes in that bird's cage.
That should get it's mind right.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2022 11:42 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
He has spindley drumsticks, a small bird couldn't make a decent snack out of both of them!

But he has personality. Once you get to know him. Shelley googled the five strongest jaws and I suppose a Great White was first and she didn't say where Moluccan Cockatoos were listed? I'm guessing #3?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 20, 2022 12:12 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I finally paid the ransom. HM survives for another year!

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 20, 2022 12:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Got off the phone with GoDaddy. Those cocksuckers auto renewed my hosting to the tune of $431.64 and I never authorized that! Really slick! "Oh Sir, you had automatic renewal". Then why have you been sending me cancelation notices every week for a month? We did not get that answered but I have a refund coming. Really, I'm not all that satisfied with GoDaddy and their prices have really gone up . I also just paid another $30 for web hosting. As I said crises averted for at least another year.

But, instead of getting the news second hand from my credit card company, I expect Go Daddy to send me a fucking BILL with itemized charges! This super easy automatic bill paying is so trouble free that it makes it easy to have $500 dollar charges slip by without notice, and then you have Wells Fargo making things easy for minimum payments, no old fashioned paper billing. I'm proud of being a god damned fossil, at least when I went to school, we were forced to learn stuff that's no longer considered important....like where's Europe? How does the Metric System work? Are electric cars free transportation? Is the Second Amendment just so we can have a Militia? But without F15's and nukes, we don't stand a chance while fighting with the government.

You know, mostly Liberals they talk about Russia and worry. They say, you know,, they have nukes! This is supposed to be a BFD. But, I'm just puzzled because we have nukes so unless the asshole wants to start the end of civilization, we gonna pulverize his home and office with the first missile so he has nothing to gain by threatening anybody with an atom bomb. It is the classic MEXICAN STANDOFF!

Where was I? Yeah, I paid for web hosting, everything's cool!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2022 12:58 PM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I mentioned this a long, long time ago but Jim Champion does hosting over at FnF. I have no idea about pricing but would guess it might be cheaper than Yo Daddy.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2022 04:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I believe you are right! I remember that, but don't remember that it was you that brought it up.

I've talked to Jim before, he's an okay guy, in my book. I like him!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

tedo
Member # 4320

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2022 07:44 PM      Profile for tedo   Email tedo         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad that you choose to renew HM for another year. I post very infrequently but do check in to see what's going on, one of the lurkers I guess. My take on the waining popularity of predator hunting sites is after the great popularity of predator hunting and all the tube videos, fox pro videos, Randy Anderson videos et al, people new to the sport had the impression that the edited videos out there reflected a typical day afield. A quick visit to AllPredators and a Foxpro and requisite camo was on the way and thy were off to devastate the local predator population but after little to no success they lost interest. Family commitments and other things came up on their weekends and pretty soon they stopped hunting predators and visiting predator hunting sites. I have gleaned some good info from this site and it has contributed to my modest success coyote hunting.
Posts: 73 | From: S.E. Arizona | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2022 06:25 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Tedo;
If you're not busy, could you make this damn wind stop blowing ???? It makes my bowarm wander all over and the arrows fly sideways.
Thanx !!!

[Smile]

--------------------

tedo
Member # 4320

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2022 06:52 AM      Profile for tedo   Email tedo         Edit/Delete Post 
Koko,
Wish I could help but it looks like sunburn or wind burn for while longer. Busy getting my tackle and boat squared away then heading over to the lower Laguna Madre for my fishing fix. If you see a cushion off a patio chair flying by grab it and I'll picket up later, figure it should be in your neighborhood any time now.

Posts: 73 | From: S.E. Arizona | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2022 06:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I suppose unrealistic expectations is a valid reason for the downturn.

I already mentioned my favorite villain, FaceBook. That site siphons off a lot of activity, it's immediate and the social gimmick is irresistible. I've never joined FaceBook but it's like an invasion. I see many links on line and you can't access it without enrolling in FaceBook first and now they track your ass from sunup to sun down, day after day and year after year. They have so damned much information on you that they know exactly what triggers to trip and all your ads are custom designed, you are now a commodity, manipulated by hi tech Google and FaceBook.

I hate it! These foreign creeps with unpronounceable names, they own us, they know everything about you and me, track all movements and it's worse than any totalitarian government ever was! These pricks need to be cut off at the knees!

End of rant!
Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2022 04:33 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
It's mostly gimmickery now days.
Back when most of us learned to call, it was by seat of the pants trial and error.
You shot what you had and wore old clothes.
Camo (if you could afford it) was secondhand Woodland from the Army Surplus Store.
There were few articles on calling fox in magazines I could never afford.
It was a bug borne out of stubborn determination or possibly boredom that kept me interested. Fox and coyotes were big game for me. A huge upgrade from rabbits, squirrels and skunks. My first call was railroad strapping folded over the hole to make a whistle. First store bought was a Herter’s and then struck gold with a Weems.
Fast forward to the mid 80’s and product marketing made everything sound so easy. No need to even learn the basics. After a few unsuccessful outings, most just give up but that’s an inherent characteristic of most people. Always been that way.
I’m continually dumbstruck by the vast amount of people that can’t perform the simplest of tasks. But that’s off topic (albeit somewhat related).
The big problem I have with the information highway is that everyone is an expert. Gerry Blair once said “I know lots of things. Some are even true.”. Having said that, I have consulted Google University many times over to learn how to fix something but due diligence is required to weed out the BS.
Yeah, you guys are probably right about diminishing traffic. There’s a ton of 5-coyote experts out there that talk a good story. I would venture to say that all of you can figure out whether they really know what the hell they’re talking about in under a minute. Can’t imagine what the good old days will be like for the newer generations.
Rambling over.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted April 26, 2022 06:02 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay, you will always be my hero! and leave 'em lay!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters