The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Morning one and all

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Morning one and all
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2022 05:26 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Got the staples out 2 weeks ago and the steri-strips off this week.
Making progress but still doing a lot of healing inside. in rehab now but mostly on my own go to rehab one day a week.

I'm at that point where I want out to go run around but not able to take rough road riding and can't fall so have to stay on flat land and no rock scrambling.

Glad I'm a month out of surgery and not just having it done like the neighbor just did.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2022 06:31 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Top o' the morning back at ya !!!1
Happy healing !!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted March 04, 2022 09:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, congratulations! I assure you, I've been there, too!

Actually, my daughter had a fairly rough go with an appendectomy almost 2 months ago, but she just got back to work. I had that operation when I was ten years old and in reflexion, it wasn't that much a big deal but my daughter apparently thought it was like root canal, over and done with, but it sure wasn't, since she had complications and was readmitted.

Anyway, happy for your recovery, hold off on the cartwheels for perhaps another week or so.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2022 09:13 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys. Last 2 days we've hit 65 degrees and that has gotten all excited to get outside and start spring work. What little walking around I did yesterday wore me out last night.
Suppose to go to 47 * today and snow then rain. Can't figure out how its going to snow at 50*? [Big Grin]

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2022 01:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah? Well, we've had sprinkles, on and off from before daybreak and right now....actually. It's been a wet season so far, more rain predicted tonight. I hate rain! If I loved rain, I would live up in SUICIDE CAPITAL, Seattle; close to my brother in Tumwater. Where they admit to "Sunshine Therapy" and frequently, I imagine? They secretly look forward to summer, all glorious 2 friggin' weeks in July....then back to doom and gloom. But it's so GREEN! They say while hopefully trying to convince me, to no avail. What a JOKE!

There's no accounting for taste; right ko ko? He's a refuge from the Pacific northwest although he did not respond, or comment in any way on my Burl, prominently displayed over the fireplace, as I am told they are extremely popular Up there in GOD'S COUNTRY. Go figure? Mine is there because, first of all, my wife wouldn't allow a deer head and the Burl was done by my folks and my mom wanted me to have it. She loved it up there and went back after my dad died. They had moved to Everett but my dad's health couldn't take it, so back to sunny California. Where he died. That's pretty much the entire family history except we all are originally from the nice state of Minnesota, where people are Minnesota nice. So I've heard?

Anyway, every time I wind the Chronograph on the Burl, I am reminded of the happy days on the boat, The Tillie Bell out of Marina Del Rey. They ripped off the nautical instruments when they sold the boat and moved to Washington.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS extra points: When is a clock a Chronograph? The rocking and rolling at sea will render an ordinary clock useless but a chronograph keeps accurate time out on the Briny Deep.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2022 02:24 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, I didn't really notice the burl. I was trying to figure out how to steal the metate on the hearth.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted March 04, 2022 02:55 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I bet! I'm doing a trust and one thing that surprised me was that my daughter recently expressed a strong interest in that same artifact, a true treasure! I can't even believe how fortunate, (and persistent) I was in finding the whole set after picking up the matching pestle; and in understanding what I had stumbled across; blind luck! I love telling the story, too!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: the punchline is always that it was deviously positioned upside down, perfect camouflage, and submerged, too!

edit: I should have showed you some of my other early Amerind stuff. You just have to keep your eye opened.

[ March 04, 2022, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters