The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Finally got around to this....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Finally got around to this....
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted October 28, 2021 09:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've had this Seecamp 32ACP for quite a few years. I was cleaning it of pocket lint about a week ago and had to get out the manual to follow instructions on how to take it apart.

Well, one thing lead to another and before You know it, I was looking at their website and just decided to bite the bullet. I have looked at accessories quite a few times and never quite pulled the trigger. But this time I did, bought the wallet and extra magazine and a couple more things and before you know it, Ye gads! there goes two hundred bucks!

But that's not what this is about. First they sent tracking information projecting delivery on Sunday, how that was possible, I didn't know? But since, I have received about 8 updates, first it was expect delivery on Saturday, and then another one said expect delivery on Friday and since then, I have had 3 different notices to expect delivery on Thursday, which is today.

We shall see, but my point is that the customer service seems exceptional....assuming it pans out as promised.

One thing I found out is they recommend a dry lubricant instead of gun oil. I did not know this, nowhere in the manual does it say anything about not using a little oil on the slide. So, maybe it won't attract as much pocket lint, especially since I can carry it in the slick, little, (and pricy) wallet.

Good hunting. El Bee
Looking forward to the arrival of the package! Kinda like Christmas!

[ October 28, 2021, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31490 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2021 02:55 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
FWIW;
I'm a huge fan of the Sneaky Pete holster.
I use one for my Ruger LCP .380 and everyone just assumes that it's a smart phone holder.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7588 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2021 05:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, just like they said, my package was delivered before noon today, priority US Postal.

The first thin I did was insert the extra magazine and it was an extremely tight fit, didn't go in far enough for the retainer to latch in place and I had a hell of a time getting it out of there!

I took it apart and took apart my original magazine that came with the gun. The new spring has one less coil but relaxed, it is about an inch longer. Also, the way the last coil has about a 30 degree "kick" in it and comparing it to the original, It appears to have been installed backwards? The new spring has a lot more tension when compressed enough to slide in, or on the retaining plate. Any way you slice it, it's different, one less coils, and has a lot more tension, it's longer and installed upside down. Unless some dink design engineer thinks he found a better way?

I guess I better contact Seecamp and see what they think? Dammit!

Good hunting. El Bee
What I've been doing is just dropping this Seecamp in a front pocket.
edit: yeah, I know you like that holster. This Seecamp is quite a bit smaller than your 380. But what do you do, use clips to secure the sneaky pete on your belt?

[ October 28, 2021, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2021 07:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I put it back together according to the written instructions and same thing. I think the spring is just too strong and it takes too much effort pushing against the follower to seat the magazine where it has to be....in order to swing the retainer clip on the bottom that holds the magazine in place. This is what is called the European design, as opposed to US designs where you punch a button close to the trigger to drop the magazine.

Anyway, I'm kinda peeved.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2021 02:59 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, there's a belt clip on the holster. The cover flap is held in place with two magnets. The holster is ballistic nylon. Other option was black patent leather. Well thought out design and well made. I bought a folding knife sheath at the swap meet to carry an extra magazine on the other hip.
In the years I've carried it I've had exactly two guys ask me about it and they were both looking to go from open to concealed carry and researching different carry rigs.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7588 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2021 02:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have to modify the holster. I already did it once and it's marginal so it just needs more better. But this one is a little involved, maybe not today?

Good Hunting. El Bee

No reply as yet on the $76 magazine that has serious problems.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2021 02:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to the range last Thursday. I have not been there all year, feel a little guilty, especially when you think about the wasted dues.

But anyway, I took a female friend as a guest and brought a collection of handguns, from 25Auto to 44Mag. And one that I brought along and shot a few times was the Seecamp.

My friend COULD NOT pull the trigger! Admittedly, it is a ridiculously heavy, and long single action? Carrying it, I have no problems, it's not going off, accidentally in my pocket anytime soon, that's for sure!

So then I fired a few just for the hell of it. And, here's the problem; this thing is very probably the most unpleasant handgun, to shoot of anything I have ever fired! I haven't fired the 454Cassull, but I have shot a (what's it called? the 500 S&W? Big handgun shooting a damned elephant cartridge. Didn't hurt. Actually, my 44Mag is very pleasant to shoot with a great double and single action trigger.

But, this little cocksucker is a total bitch! More like a 12 gauge with 3 1/2" Dead Coyote and that load is a son of a bitch, even in my almost 9 pound Mossberg! That's the only other firearm that I am, oh, I'm forgetting Weatherby's! Weatherby's are not fun to shoot. My 300 Win. Mag is a very pleasant rifle, but my buddies Mark V Weatherby is a punisher.

When the time comes that I must defend myself with this little pipsqueak mouse gun, it will not be fun.

I'm kind of glad I didn't get the 380, this 32 is a bitch! Up until now, I have sort of second guessed myself on the 32 versus the 380, because the 32 is such a pipsqueak. I mean, it's a lot more than a 22 rimfire .

But that's the problem as I see it. It's a damned handy little gun and if forced to shoot somebody, it will ruin their day, but pulling the trigger is almost as painful as catching the little Winchester 60 gr HP Silvertip. And, I have 5 boxes of 71 grain that can't be fired in this gun because it was specifically designed for the 60 gr. hollowpoint.

Hmm? I wonder if I could just seat them deeper so they fit in the magazine? Nah, I didn't think so.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2021 04:16 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Long patient sigh ..................
.380 Ruger LCP. I understand that they now have an LCP2 version with the trigger safety gizmo.
Personal Defense ammo is a bit more snappy than regular FMJ but neither is unpleasant to shoot.

Suggestion; Hang around your club's range a bit and sooner or later someone will have an LCP that they will give you an honest opinion on and maybe let you try a few rounds.
Then you can sell that pos .32 and buy a Ruger.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2021 04:53 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That’s the first time anybody, anywhere has described a seecamp 32 as a POS! Never mind the miniaturization, the engineering and the obvious quality. Granted, a 32 ain’t a 380, and by the same token, a 380 ain’t a 9mm….and so on.

I like everything about this little pos, except shooting it!

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2021 07:02 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If it ain't fun to shoot, you won't shoot it regularly.
If you don't shoot it regularly, you won't have confidence in it.
If you don't have confidence in it during an OH SHIT moment, ............... it's a pos.
It may be a great gun, have a lot going for it and a lot of fans ............ but if it doesn't bond well with you, it's a pos. Get something that you do want to shoot. Then shoot it. Often.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2021 06:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to carry Nanc’s Lady Smith with hand loaded hot loads of XTP Hornady 110gr. And although fearsome, was a good combination, very respectable performance and comfortable. To shoot. However, my daughter asked for it, and now it sits in a box, kinda inaccessible, and probably unloaded?

Anyway, right now, the most pleasurable shooter I own is the XD9, kinda big for carry, however? Yeah I guess you got it nailed.

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2021 03:12 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
That's thing ................. carry comfort.
If the need REALLY happens, what we would want is a Colt 1911. But who wants to carry that hunk of iron day in / day out and do it discretely.
Other end of the spectrum is a little .22 Derringer that I used to carry. Plan A; Shoot the dirt-bag. Plan A/2; Run like Hell & hope that the .22s slow him down enough that I can get away.
True story; A guy in the Olympia Gun Club explained how useless my Derringer was. He recommended some brand of 9mm. I asked to see it and he said that it was in his truck. So ...... A 9mm in the truck is more powerful that a .22 in my pocket ????
Therefore, everything is a compromise. Light enough to carry yet powerful enough to get the job done. Fairly accurate is also a plus. But most important is that it has 'panache'. Hard to describe what that is. One of those 'I'll know it when I see it' things.

Now that we've settled that, mayhap next week we can discus the greatest rifle round of all time ........ the 30-30.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Got-ya !!!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2021 04:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You really picking at a scab! I've never owned any 30-30, and I don't care how many whitetails it has killed.

And anther thing! I have two sorta 1911's. One is an A1 and the other is a Colt Combat Commander. One is only a couple years old and the other I bought new in 1972 for $107. Maybe you heard about that before but don't push my buttons, a .45 is damned hard to beat! And, yes I know about the situation where you leave it in the truck.

But, it's like the guy that has his 870 standing in the corner behind the door and a 357 in the drawer where you are supposed to keep the phone book, a 9mm under the sofa cushion and the Derringer in his pants pocket. But, that guy is also not to be trusted, because he's wound pretty tight.

So, only you and me are normal. The rest of these, so called gun nuts are kooks.

But, I do accept the premise that the .22 in your pocket is a lot more effective than the 9mm in your trunk. Snd, that's what I was trying to solve, my Seecamp is very easy to pack, and by the way, your sneaky pete wouldn't fool me even if you didn't tell me because I've seen the ads.

But, a subject for another day. I have little use for many popular 30 caliber rifles, they are BORING!
And, the 30-30 has had it's day, I've yet to see one that would be called accurate by 21st Century standards.

But another thing. Every time I pick up a magazine and they tell me about the latest handgun offering, that I cannot get in the People's republik, it pisses me off to no end!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: by the way, Seecamp did not return my email that I sent on Friday.

[ November 01, 2021, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters