The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Much talked about and anticipated

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Much talked about and anticipated
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2021 01:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
In just a few days a big deal challenge to the right to keep and bear arms will be discussed before the Supreme Court. There will be a lot of speculation based on questions asked by the Justices but we won't get a verdict until next spring or summer.

Anyway, here's the case to look for, brought by the New York Rifle and Pistol Association. Place your bets!

https://www.vox.com/22745312/supreme-court-guns-second-amendment-nyc-bruen

It does seem like the most pro gun rights justices are Kavanaugh and Alito and maybe Thomas? What will be VERY interesting is to see which side Roberts comes down on. The other conservatives have been very timid to accept any gun control cases for many years because they did not trust Roberts to swing their way. The addition of the most recent female member seems to indicate that she is a reasonably strong supporter of gun rights, in general.

edit: for the life of me, I cannot see why any female in particular would be against the right to defend themselves against much stronger males because as has been said many times; It was Smith and Wesson that made men, (and women) equal. It's very illogical to argue for strict gun control.

[ October 27, 2021, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2021 03:04 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Since when does logic ............ ???? [Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2021 06:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh? Thank you! I forgot, emotions are vastly more important than logic when it comes to self defense, or non defense in this case.

It just boggles the mind how incredibly stupid people get once the subject turns to dangerous things like rattlesnakes and firearms. It's an emotional issue and logic has no place in the discussion, ruled by FEELINGS! No getting around the issue, guns are just plain SCARY! You rights are not important when certain people feel an irrational fear of rattlers and scary looking firearms.

Don't you people understand? Your rights of self defense and the Bill of Rights are secondary when some lady is uncomfortable knowing that her DoorDash driver carries a firearm for protection against assaults and robbery, she just does not want her delivery driver to have a firearm and that's it! Is that too hard to understand? I didn't think so!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2021 05:47 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
AS I've ALWAYS SAID THEY CAN HVE MINE WHEN THEY ARE EMPTY
!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2021 09:10 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I agree but I just remembered the time I had a coyote charge me and he meant business. Also there was 2 feet of fresh snow on the ground and he wasn't sinking in, he was belly high and I suddenly felt very vulnerable with an empty gun!

So, what did I do, I laced him in the chops, swinging side to side and poleaxed him, which broke the stock. No big deal, wasn't my cheap ass H&R single shot shotgun anyway! But, now I had to stomp him because he was still twitching.

Anyway, you get the idea, but an empty firearm can still be useful, in some apps!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2021 11:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a first analysis of the NY Rifle and Pistol suit that was heard yesterday before the Supreme court. There were some expected questions and comments and a couple surprises: example, How many muggings occur in the forest? By Roberts, of all people!

Anyway, Reading between the lines, the issue looks hopeful for a reversal.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/justices-question-historical-grounds-for-ny-gun-permit-law

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters