The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Finally

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Finally
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2021 06:39 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Getting the much needed fall rains.
It has went around us forever it seems like.
It started yesterday early eve and has rained all night and still raining this morning so far.

My big brave fair weather dog won't go take his morning walk.
With his leg still mending won't let him go with the other half to pull beaver traps. Don't need him twisting his hind leg and smelling like a beaver willow swamp.

Not doing a lot got our deer so waiting on our late season cow hunt to start in November. Also waiting for all the hunters to leave. I know most seem to be fair weather hunters too. No one going out this morning.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2021 10:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's kinda/mildly interesting that Southern California has has quite a wet fall season. No torrential downpours, and some amounts to just sprinkles. But We have had quite a lot of rain, perhaps just enough to promote a big weed season in the spring, I don't know? But I'm pretty sure we have had more rain than normal. What pisses me off is that it occurs right after I water everything, and it's not enough to keep the pool at the proper level without me contributing.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31489 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2021 11:10 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
We've had a weird year over this way, too.
Yesterday I was fishing for catfish, wading waist deep in a river that's normally dried up by this time of year.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7588 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2021 06:05 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Well it rained and snowed enough to put down 2-3 foot of snow in the back country pass the last 24 hours. Neighbor has family in hunting in the back country and they couldn't get within a couple of miles of the pass this morning.

I'm loving it!

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters