The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Any word from northern Arizona, lately?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any word from northern Arizona, lately?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 10 posted October 15, 2021 07:56 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It would be rather reassuring if somebody around Seligman or even Ashfork would check in once in a while, with the weather forecast, traffic conditions, anything exciting at the swap meet or school board meeting, etceteras….

Concerned citizen &
Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 16, 2021 03:45 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes .......... An electronic welfare check on remote members is probably a good idea.

I heard something about him applying to be a dancer at the Ash Fork Chippendales but couldn't get up on stage due to a fear of heights so they hired him on as a bouncer ?????
Tough job. There ain't no rowdy like cowgirl rowdy on a Fri. night. [Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 16, 2021 08:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Struck me as a rather average, sleepy little town? In fact, I don't remember seeing a bar, not that I was looking for one?

They still got Internet?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 17, 2021 01:06 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Uh .............. At what point do we become concerned ????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 17, 2021 04:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm passed that

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 17, 2021 08:35 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
All I've got on him is an email addy that's no good.
Maybe you ought to drop a dime and give him a call.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2021 06:32 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
The cow girls is too quick for me I have a satellite internet , Ash fork would have to wake up to be sleepy ! Parkinson's is no fun ! I WILL BE GOING TO MY DAUGHTER AND SON in laws for the winter as I can no longer do what's needed to stay alive out here round the end of Oct. Cant cut split and stack wood any longer pretty sure its all down hill from here! I had to give my dogs to a good friend as I could no longer properly care for them. they need to hunt and so on food and a kennel is no life for a good hunter. I sure miss them They are not far away but travel is no so easy. Im taking meds that help , with out them I vibrate like a three dollar sex toy , my feet are numb making negotiating a path difficult! look on the bright side my TV viewing has really picked up.
I will check in from time to time but not as often as i was able. Hey how bout sleepy Joe who Knew he had a travel agency!

[ October 19, 2021, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2021 09:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's all we ask, just let us know you're still with us.

Man! Doing without dogs is hard to contemplate. You know, I resisted getting a dog after my Red Bone drowned in the pool, more than 20 years. But I'm glad that my son talked me into it, I really enjoy Tillie! She's virtually untrainable, does exactly as she pleases but I love her anyway.

Good luck, Paul, and keep in touch!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2021 03:07 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes ........... Don't scare us like that !!!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted October 20, 2021 07:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and get you one of these little ornaments I've got hanging around my neck. It's something like; I've fallen and can't reach my beer!

They are only about $400 annually. (wasn't my idea)

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2021 05:41 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Starting to pack today SIL will be up Friday to help me put the outdoors in storage .I know that its wrong to be so attached to a place but I cant help myself. Every morning I get up and say hey asshole look where you live. I was presidents and chief executives nothing compares to being a hunter and trapper. I hope I have the suds left to teach my twin grandson's a few tricks and light a fire in them. My grand daughter could identify at least a dozen scats when she was five ! Life anit nuthin but a funny funny riddle thank God I'm a country boy !

I will keep contact as best I can i aint no computer guy I am a common sense guy 1

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2021 08:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, I respect your privacy and I can't help but have much compassion for what has caused this decision upon you. I've been there and I know the effort you have put into your place, starting with nothing but bare land. It must really be tough!

I sure hope everything is secure as can be. It's too bad another family member couldn't act as caretaker, but what is the longer term, are you returning when the weather gets a little more moderate, or do you have plans to put it on the market. Feel free to reply via email if you would rather.

In the meantime, I hope you are feeling a little better! I guess you might be heading for somewhere in the Phoenix area? As I recall, it can get cold there, once in a while. Funny about the desert and how you can freeze your ass off in places that a few months later can be 120 degrees!

Good luck, Buddy! and don't give up! We will pray for you!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2021 02:59 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, what Leonard said !!!
Paul is an inspiration to us lesser mortals and I'm proud to call him friend.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2021 02:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Not only that, he's a good guy! (and quit writing eulogies Bosinski), He's just recuperating in a warmer climate for the winter, and shall return, like MacArther said he would.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters