The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Just to keep this ............

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just to keep this ............
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2021 01:04 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Just to keep this sorta a coyote hunting site;
Went out stumbling around in the desert yesterday. Pretty slow as far as critters went. Two calling stands; zip. Did some roving shots with my recurve ....... always a good time doing that. Had a Jack bust out and stop way out there. Took the shot for 65 and went just low. Ranged it after the wabbit ran off. 73 yards. Missed but still felt good about the shot & didn't have to clean a jack.
Pretty good day, actually. [Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2021 02:52 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
We've seen more coyotes this season up here than we've ever have. Of course it's only 4 or so and all big mature critters.
Thinking of going calling but it really needs to cool down and rain. Coyotes aren't prime yet and they will show rubbed bad right now with such a dry summer we've had.

We even seen a jackrabbit the other day! Haven't seem many up here since the big winter die off of 16/17. Even the cottontail are coming back.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2021 05:52 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The nice thing about the pointed sticks is that once the young of the year are out & about I don't need to feel guilty about fur quality since I rarely connect with one.
All of the fun of calling & don't need to skin any.
>>>>>----------> Subject to changing to the shotgun should fur prices climb.

Jackrabbits; When I lived in "shudder" Washington I was surprised to learn that jackrabbits were protected as 'Endangered' for no other reason than it was the extreme northern end of their range.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2021 08:28 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Just finding out about the antelope jackrabbits in souther AZ. They look big.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2021 08:36 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, they're huge !!!
I wish that there were more of them. We had some kind of rabbit hemorrhagic disease come thru and it took quite a toll on all of the rabbits in some areas.

We're getting water from the sky, though. Really hoping that this prolonged drought is coming to an end and the animal populations will rebound.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2021 11:28 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not at all anti jackrabbit. I've seen them do some pretty cute stuff, now and then. (also made a few hero shots)

But good to know where they draw the line. I'm reading a book right now that claims "climate change" and it causes tropical mosquitoes to migrate as far north as Maine. And, they cause a scary disease, a virus called EEE. I'm not sure but I think we have those same bugs right here in my yard! It's a small black mosquito with white stripes on the legs. I just started noticing them this past summer.

Allow me to jump on the grandstand for a minute. All this tropical disease shit could be handled very easily by judicious application of DDT! But, NO! everybody is so worried about bird eggs that they have outlawed one of the most useful chemicals on the ENTIRE FUCKING PLANET!

All they have to do is use it carefully and it would save many millions of deaths per year just in Africa alone, malaria being a particularly deadly infection.

But, it's stupid and irresponsible to allow the fucking bunny huggers to control policy! They have totally outlawed DDT for about 50 friggin' years and it is NOT JUSTIFIED! Write your congressman!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS I mean, Peregrine Falcons are nesting on New York City skyscrapers! So, we don't spray DDT where they are nesting....simple, right?

End of rant!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2021 09:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I think it's pretty remarkable when you look at a lion and a mule deer buck. A Tom lion can take down a buck rather easily and some people claim that they target the bucks, rather than much easier to handle does. The theory goes that bucks are exhausted from all that breeding and are actually vulnerable and the lions know it. I don't know that I'm on board with that one, but they do target bucks, late winter, so....

Anyway, what's comical is when you consider a kit fox, weighs maybe 6-6 pounds and an antelope jack that probably weighs a pound or 2 more? Of course, a Gray fox definitely makes short work of a jackrabbit. I've seen them dragging a jack and you have to wonder. However, yeah a jack is fast but guess what, a gray fox has blazing speed, plenty enough to run down a jackrabbit. I remember one time, it was so damned hot, that when I went to open a gate, there was an antelope jack resting in the shade of the railroad tie that was the anchor point for the barb wire fence. That jack didn't move while I opened the gate and the truck passed through, and I closed the gate and secured it. That jack never moved and I could have kicked him if I wanted, but I didn't even talk to him. It was afternoon and well over 100 degrees but I don't know by how much? We all know that coyotes and game birds can hold tight while you practically step on them. Well, not coyotes, but I have definitely seen them curled up and napping while I'm making a stand.

By the way, there is a writer on one of the magazines, that continuously uses the word, "set" to describe a damned coyote stand. I can't tell you how much that word aggravates me! That's a trapper lingo and I guess they can't help themselves but it is NOT A SET, it's a fucking calling STAND! I think his name is Kayser?

end of mini RANT!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2021 07:38 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
I am with you Leonard, I don't care for hearing a stand called a set.
When I started calling in 1962 they had been calling them stands for years. I guess I am old school on that but for some reason I can't handle a stand being called a set. Sorta how I feel about people mispronouncing Nevada.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2021 07:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Geezus! Walt, you get the old fart award today! Back in 1962, I was still defending your ass in the military. I didn't call my first coyote until around '65 or so?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS actually, my first called predator was a kit fox. Well, gotta start somewhere! edit: I mean, "killed" predator!

edit: if I catch ko ko calling a stand a set one more time, I'm taking away his vowels!

(just kidding)

[ September 29, 2021, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2021 11:34 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
A 'set' involves a trap, usually in the ground.
A 'sit' involves a stump, as in stump sitting for whitetails.
A 'stand' whether done sitting or standing is what predator callers do.
A 'squat' is what people who eat gas station chili-dogs or Sushi do.

If you read the above and thought "Hell, even my kid sister knows all of that right there .......... You might be a Redneck !!!!!

Thus endth today's grammer lesson. [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2021 09:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You better keep the lights off, bolt the front door and sharpen those flinging sticks. You got the jab, right? Nothing to worry about. And, the booster? The second booster? You're up to speed? Better arm the lady with that 380 to guard the back door escape with the side by side is all gassed up and raring to go. Go Wolverines!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2021 12:39 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
AOC said everybody should get a booster.
Especially short people.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2021 02:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, you mean like the fucking midget? Now they are calling him Saint Fauci! He's pretty consistently....WRONG!

He gets a lot of face time on CNN so what does that tell you? That he's full of shit!

I'm for a full blown rebellion! NO MORE STUPID MASKS!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2021 04:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Another attempt to keep our viewers informed. You know, I thought that Humera pen I have been getting the past couple of years was pretty expensive.

Today, I had my first follow up on the Stelara infusion I received a month ago. The nurse told me, no BS, that this single injection costs $14,000! One injection, to last 8 weeks cost $14,000?

Just blows me away! Fact checkers?

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: first thing I googled:
https://www.goodrx.com/stelara?kw=price&utm_term=stelara%20Coupon%7cp&utm_content=Ad-Group_Coupon&&msclkid=10ba38e271ce19dbb25959b420697e69&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campa ign=stelara&utm_term=stelara%20Coupon&utm_content=Coupon&gclid=10ba38e271ce19dbb25959b420697e69&gclsrc=3p.ds

[ September 30, 2021, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Knows what it's all about
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2021 06:36 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
ABBOTT AND COSTELLO’S ‘WHO’S BEEN VACCINATED?’ 😆😆

Bud: ‘You can’t come in here!’
Lou: ‘Why not?’
Bud: ‘Well because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick.’
Bud: ‘It doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘Well, why does that guy get to go in?’
Bud: ‘Because he’s vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But he’s sick!’
Bud: ‘It’s alright. Everyone in here is vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘Wait a minute. Are you saying everyone in there is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Yes.’
Lou: ‘So then why can’t I go in there if everyone is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Because you’ll make them sick.’
Lou: ‘How will I make them sick if I’m NOT sick and they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘But they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘So what the heck does the vaccine do?’
Bud: ‘It vaccinates.’
Lou: ‘So vaccinated people can’t spread covid?’
Bud: ‘Oh no. They can spread covid just as easily as an unvaccinated person.’
Lou: ‘I don’t even know what I’m saying anymore. Look. I’m not sick.
Bud: ‘Ok.’
Lou: ‘And the guy you let in IS sick.’
Bud: ‘That’s right.’
Lou: ‘And everybody in there can still get sick even though they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Certainly.’
Lou: ‘So why can’t I go in again?’
Lou: ‘I’m not asking who’s vaccinated or not!’
Bud: ‘I’m just telling you how it is.’
Lou: ‘Nevermind. I’ll just put on my mask.’
Bud: ‘That’s fine.’
Lou: ‘Now I can go in?’
Bud: ‘Absolutely not?’
Lou: ‘But I have a mask!’
Bud: ‘Doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘I was able to come in here yesterday with a mask.’
Bud: ‘I know.’
Lou: So why can’t I come in here today with a mask? ….If you say ‘because I’m unvaccinated’ again, I’ll break your arm.’
Bud: ‘Take it easy buddy.’
Lou: ‘So the mask is no good anymore.’
Bud: ‘No, it’s still good.’
Lou: ‘But I can’t come in?’
Bud: ‘Correct.’
Lou: ‘Why not?’
Lou: ‘But the mask prevents the germs from getting out.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but people can still catch your germs.’
Lou: ‘But they’re all vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick!!’
Bud: ‘You can still get them sick.’
Lou: ‘So then masks don’t work!’
Bud: ‘Masks work quite well.’
Lou: ‘So how in the heck can I get vaccinated people sick if I’m not sick and masks work?’
Bud: ‘Third base.’

Clown World

Posts: 191 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2021 06:47 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant !!!! ........... and sadly, close to the truth.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2021 09:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
More than "close". I can't see daylight between this parody and Liberal reality.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters