The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Got home last night, stopped for a take out pizza

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Got home last night, stopped for a take out pizza
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted September 07, 2021 08:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I can report that hospital food is what everybody already knows. It's subpar! And to make matters worse, I was on a "soft" diet. My French Toast was cut into little cubes the size of DICE! (am not exaggerating!)

I guess they think I wear dentures or; more likely, since I am Joe Biden's age, I've forgotten how to chew food?

Well, it does feel good to be home, but Shelley has a flight home tonight and I will be alone. Nothing wrong with that except I will have to run my own errands. At least until next Wednesday when Corey can come down and help out. They are making considerable effort in my behalf and I appreciate it.

Good hunting. (what's that?)
El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 07, 2021 11:04 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Good to know that you got back home.
Do they think that the internal issues will resolve itself or are they gonna have to gut you like a fish ?????

Any chance you're on lo-dose Aspirin and that's what caused the problem ????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7581 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2021 01:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The low dose aspirin issue, I've been all over and around it, so just say I'm not presently taking it.

No chance issues will resolve themselves. I've got Crohn's Disease, it don't just go away. I need an appointment with this Rock Star Surgeon out in Fontana and then I will agree with what he has planned and would like to do to resolve the problem.

As of 4 years ago, when he did my last surgery, I was told he has done more than 5,000. What it might be now, I'd just have to guess....and it wasn't he that told me, it was another doctor studying under him. He's one of those that do not suffer fools, very direct, take no prisoners kind of guy. So, in spite of being very apprehensive about the whole fucking thing, he's the one to have confidence in, but I admit, it's already eating at me.

ko ko, if aspirin could cause this kind of problems, they would be treating it as if it were radioactive!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: PS got all my bills paid even though I was far from "in the mood".

I have a platinum card with a customer service # on the back that does not work? So, being the resoursful guy that I am, I called the number on the debit card and as you might suspect, she didn't know a damned thing about the credit card department. But, she was able to transfer me after I paid the balance which was PAST DUE because I couldn't get to my paper statements and a reason why the asshole would cheerily suggest that I go "paperless" which I decline with every bankcard every month.

Anyway, after explaining my circumstances and not being able to make payments when due, the lady forgave $56 in late fees. Of course, I had to pay it, but they will issue a credit next month. She didn't show a heck of a lot of compassion concerning my third hospitalization in the past month but what did work was the fact that I pay the balance, on time, every month. That and my FICA score, I imagine? Another thing that I spend a lot of time and effort in maintaining and improving. I treat it like a game, see how high I can go but with my pathetic income, there seems to be a limit.

I should probably reconsider my habit of rotating a bunch of cards because my points aren't anything the brag about on any of them, but It's the best I can do with no annual fee cards. You know, I'm hardly a frequent flier anymore and they laugh at me when I timidly request an upgrade!

Speaking of which; my daughter just heard from her friend who arrived on Maui the day before yesterday. She said all the restaurants around Kanipauli and La Haina (I see I mangles both of those) but they are all requiring 24 hours reservations in advance....WTF? Anyway, I sure hope they straighten out whatever seems to be the problem before we get there in May? Otherwise, my daughter's timeshare does have a full kitchen and we might be doing a lot of home cooking instead of patronizing all those wonderful Sushi restaurants. I do not eat sushi, first of all because it's ridiculously expensive and second, I don't like any Japanese food, or Thai. Strange, (a little) because I love Chinese!

Sorry to ramble!
El Bee

edit: bank said I have to dial the #1 before the 800 even tBough my card does not say 1-800, just 800 bla bla bla. Hilarious that I wrote "dial" instead of punching the numbers....ha ha

[ September 08, 2021, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 09, 2021 01:36 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Good to know that your health issues are under control and that you've retained your sense of humor.
The reason I asked about the aspirin is that I know a people or two that have had internal bleeding issues with aspirin.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7581 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 09, 2021 04:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I've heard of the bleeding, attributed to aspirin. What I got is perhaps on a different level. The Crohn's Disease, these's not only no cure, they don't even understand what causes it. But, among other reasons, they seem to think it could be hereditary? Anyway, I think it treats certain parts of the body as invasive and for instance, attacks healthy tissue. Where it occurs is described as anywhere from the mouth to the anus. My particular problem is just north of the "ilium", a rather common location and difficult to access with the colonoscopy instrument. Lucky me! That was my TENTH colonoscopy last week. For all the grief, they have never found a damned thing! I've had quite a few ct scans and they are a lot more informative; without the GoLightly bonus. 23 feet of small bowel in a confined space is bound to have some tight turns and constrictions, and I seem to have my share.

I don't know how long Crohn's has been around, but I have not been aware of it until (what?) 10-15 years ago? I think they laughingly call in a "bathroom" disease. ha ha

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters