The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » some bad news

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: some bad news
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted September 03, 2021 07:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking at more surgery, they tell me. Maybe even as soon as tomorrow? But could be in a month or so. I am scared of it!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31472 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2021 08:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's about internal bleeding. Small bowel. Easy to just remove more but then you lose nutrients and just the processing of the food and rendering what comes out at the other end. There are repercussions, so to speak. I may be discharged tomorrow, or I might have major surgery. we shall see?

I'm getting tired of this place! Due to that deadly disease called covid19, they don't allow visitors! What a crock of shiT! My daughter flew down here to provide support and all we can do is text message! Well fuck, She could have stayed in San Rafael!

Either way, if I go under the knife tomorrow, that's just not good. More better, I can set it up with the same surgeon that did my last procedure, maybe a month from now? Either way, looks like it's probable. I'm not very enthused about this deal! Although, they say it will give benefit, less pain and discomfort. That is an actual incentive!

Good hunting. El Bee

[ September 03, 2021, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2021 08:45 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
May be discharged tomorrow or have major surgery ????
What ??? .............. They need more time to figure out how much insurance you're good for ?????

Here's hoping for the best !!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2021 09:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't mean to be mysterious. It depends on if I start hemorrhaging. A distinct possibility because they are putting me back on Pradaxa, a blood thinner.

If I don't have evidence of bleeding, during bowel movement, it still needs to be done, but scheduled later after consult at different Kaiser facility, with surgeon who did previous surgery.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: further illumination: the blood thinners are to dissolve a blood clot discovered during a previous ct scan. Totally unrelated to this Crohn's stuff.

[ September 03, 2021, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 04, 2021 02:46 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like fun .................. NOT !!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 04, 2021 03:57 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry Leonard , I hate hospitals the smell the attitude the whole shebang ! I wish you the best my friend be safe and be well . I have spent much too much time in those barns . and remember when the nurse comes in and hits you band with a scanner another bill viola ! But know this the doctors did my procedures but the nurses saved my life. There isn't a doctor on the whole staff that can hook up all those tubes and wiring running in an out every orifice in your body some natural and some man made. enjoy the down time and rest. You will get thru this too and be stronger on the other side. thoughts and prayers from Arizona !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted September 04, 2021 10:00 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Praying for your speedy recovery, Leonard. Hang in there.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 04, 2021 12:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, everybody!

I'm just sitting here, bored to death, only thing I have to play with is this laptop so I thought I would share, rather than tuning out for the duration.

Well, lunch is finally here. That's another thing! Not so much the quality of the food, it's the intentional restrictions.

Example: I am probably a bit of a weirdo, but I have never cared much for chocolate. What did I get for desert? Chocolate pudding! What was entree? Vegetarian Lasagne! this shit literally looked like VOMIT! The veggie? Tasteless, steamed BROCCOLI!

So, they have pizza and pot roast and other stuff, like bacon and eggs, but I'm restricted! Really, that Lasagne was as terrible as anything I have ever eaten in my life, worst, takes the cake! It would be almost funny, except....

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2021 08:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Bad news this morning, as far as being discharged. Hemoglobin is at 7.1. if it drops another tenth, I won't go home, and will need a whole blood transfusion. That's kind of a pain in the ass because the blood wants to coagulate in the peristaltic pump, takes forever to run two units, like maybe 4 hours.

Also, they won't give me damned bacon and eggs! I got oatmeal!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2021 07:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Staying another night. I was dressed and ready to go. But blood in stool and the won't release me.

I'm still dressed. Tossed the fucking gown! I guess I sleep in my clothes tonight?

Sweet dreams,
El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters