The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Someone.......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Someone.......
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2021 08:31 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Please take care of my humming birds.
They have all taken off already as of yesterday.

They are at least 10 days ahead of schedule.
Smoke might have them all mixed up but don't think so. Does it mean an early cold fall?

Boundary Fire blew up Sunday night and of course we're on the east side of it with normal west winds. So smoked in can't see a thing and the head and lungs are plugging up again.

Tomatoes won't ripen due to filtered sun. It's been a fight all summer to get them. Everyone is complaining that their gardens are doing much of nothing. Guess I've been lucky on some veggies.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2021 08:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't a greenhouse help?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31461 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2021 11:09 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Been a weird year down this way, too.
Fish spawn & quail hatch were both off by quite a bit.
Send the Hummers on down. I've got extra feeders.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2021 12:25 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
All my tomatoes are in greenhouses. Still won't ripen. One here and one there it seems like.

Starting to pull the garden. Have some things still in but slowly pulling potatoes. Hoping the onion tops will start to die so I can dry them up for the winter. Pulled carrots, usually screw up and let the first frost come then they freeze and go to mush. Raised beds aren't good for holding anything over I'm finding out.

Koko hope they all arrive at your place. Only had this years young hanging around. Don't know if they were bulking up or what but they finally took off.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2021 05:19 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
They leave , hatch, spawn exactly on time just not on your schedule! They have internal clocks that read many things they are always on time.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2021 06:54 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Very true.
I've been watching the Sphinx Moth Caterpillars that are all over the weeds on my property. The rains came, the weeds grew, the caterpillars hatched & are chowing down on the weeds all day long. In the night-time the Spring Peepers are hopping & singing. All is as it should be.

Except for that worthless excuse for a human being, Joe Biden. Not so good.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2021 11:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a minute! Paul said you voted for Biden? Have you reconsidered?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31461 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2021 01:20 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
No ........ no ........ no !!!!
Paul's confused again, probably from drinking the wine before it's done fermenting.
It was my Grandfather that voted for Biden and I'm not happy about it one bit !!! Eight times he came to town, voted for Biden and never stopped by once to say 'Hi'. Pretty rude considering that I haven't seen him since his funeral in '68.

When I die, don't let me vote Democrat !!!!!

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2021 05:55 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
No Leonard you have that confused , I voted to hang Biden !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters