The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » A boy & his dog; (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: A boy & his dog;
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2021 11:43 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hat's on the way.
Should be there Thursday.
Wear it whenever you're walking Tillie.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Edit 4 speling erors.

[ August 09, 2021, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7587 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2021 07:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Awaiting with baited breath!

She has been sleeping upstairs with Shelley, who has come down to help me with my recovery. Shelley, (my daughter) informs me that Tillie needs a bath. She wants to take her to Petsmart and have them pamper her like a damned poodle! And, she thinks her nails need attention while they are at it.

This has been the program lately, When Corey was here, (my son-in-law) Tillie was on the bed with him, upstairs. Shelley said just last night that Corey told her that Tillie is a total bed hog!

Well, she don't pull that shit with me! She has a dog pad she sleeps on in the lower corner, opposite side, and as long as she has one portion of body part on that pillow, she feels free to stretch out as far as she can reach, which covers quite a bit of bed that technically, she is not supposed to be on.

If she does get the "salon" treatment, I should go along, just to do the video. Shelley has been sending, via Prime, boxes of goodies, chew toys and dog games, now and then. I have not opened the box yet? I have no idea what a dog "learning" game is? Good luck with that, she's dumb as a box of rocks!

It's embarrassing how much I am pampering this hound dog! I should probably be arrested, could even be illegal?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31488 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2021 09:06 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Lemme get this straight in my head;
You have a dog.......... A short haired dog, no less.
Dog needs a bath.
You have a pool.
Dogs can swim.
So .......... The answer is PetSmart ????

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7587 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted August 10, 2021 09:21 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Reply: Daughter is a "Marin" Yuppie with a well employed husband.

edit: actually, Tillie is a very clean dog, like you say, short hair and she can't get into too much trouble in a yard enclosed by block wall. She doesn't go out and wallow in mud or dust and goes in the pool when she feels like it without me prompting so....she still does get an occasional bath, and in fact, Corey gave her one only a month ago. It has more to do with shedding and sleeping on the bed, although she's not allowed on the furniture, which she interprets as, "when I'm around". Same with poking in the trash; when I'm around. Same with staying out of the front room....when I'm around.

Other than that, she's really well behaved! (and spoiled rotten; you'd think she was a pampered little support dog that the wealthy tote.

Good hunting. El Bee

[ August 10, 2021, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2021 10:22 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2021 08:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Very funny! A boy and his dog! Shelley went for beers with a few high school chums last night. Tillie whined fro three, no must have been four hours when she got back and "my dog" went upstairs to spend the rest of the night with Shelley. In fact, she didn't come down until she heard the pool man slam the gate, (he's her buddy) if you can believe this, she is the only dog on his whole route? Maybe all the rest are inside dogs, I can't believe nobody else has dogs? But anyway, she always gets super excited when she hears the gate! I let her out right away to greet him....some watch dog! I am pretty sure she likes humans better than other dogs? She gets along fine with dogs but she really likes humans!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS you know I learned something recently. I was cutting up some Palo Verde and stuck the back side of my right ring finger with a thorn, & through a leather glove. Well that was 3-4 weeks ago and it's infected and hurts. I picked at it, made it bleed and squeezed it but it's still tender as hell. I think there's something in there, still. But I'm sure those spines must be toxic. I never considered that before? Be careful!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2021 09:53 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Just remember, when your daughter see the hat ......... Paul sent it !!!!1

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2021 11:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter is what I might term apolitical. She really doesn't know anything and doesn't want to know. She is OK with other people controlling her life....I guess? I talk to her about stuff and she wasn't aware, DRIVES ME NUTS!

Very sweet and very popular but knows nothing about history, nothing about current events, maybe a little Yelp stuff because she's a big influencer on restaurants, reviews, etc. Does facebook, of course.

But. she is clueless! My very own daughter! Clueless! If I asked, I think she would know who's president. And because she lives in the Bay Area, she does know who Newsom is and who Pelosi is, but that's as deep as it goes.

It's embarrassing!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2021 11:24 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Is there some way that you could arrange something like an intervention ????
For her own good !!!!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2021 12:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
She's the non confrontational type. She's not stupid, just has no interest in either current events and has zero historical perspective. I mean, maybe she has a vague idea who the ancient Greeks were and might know we had a civil war, but what it was about and who was involved? I wouldn't bet the rent!

Yes, I could arrange an "intervention" and she would be polite and cooperate but if we included Tillie, she would probably understand on about the same level. As to how important it is for me to "woke" her, I think she functions the way she is and doesn't understand what the big deal is?

I know that it allows motivated people to take advantage and walk all over her, but she's in her non confrontational little world and a 180 degree conversion is not happening. I really didn't understand but I do now and she's just apolitical. I guess it's a coping device?

She is, however, a RABID DODGER FAN, and has all the gear, so there's that.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS also does not want to talk or hear about killing things. She just spent $6,000 on her Pug, who is 16 years old with Pancreitis, I think she called it?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2021 04:21 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Richard! It's PERFECT!

Shelley brought the box in, said I have a secret admirer, and then went upstairs. I opened it and put it on, but she hasn't come back yet. I don't know, not sure what her reaction will be? I think she will "get it". She's upstairs, working.

Just like Corey could be here helping me and still get his work done. They say a lot of people will never go back to the office, they kinda like the flex hours and being able to do their job in their pajamas.

So, I guess this is a teaser, waiting to see her reaction.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: PS OOPS! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

[ August 11, 2021, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2021 05:38 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The world awaits her reaction !!!

Glad you like it.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2021 08:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
She ruined it, came in on the phone and we both got sidetracked.

But, she is taking Tillie for a hike in the hills above Padua over in Claremont. I will make her wear the hat 🧢 just like n case she sees a few Claremont people who are pretty fucking liberal since it’s a college town, I guess? In fact it would be perfect!

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2021 08:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Shelley and Tillie left about 10 minutes ago. Shelley was all decked out in those form fitting shorts and a tank top and a black hat that said across the front,

"MY DOG IS SMARTER THAN YOUR PRESIDENT"

Tillie looked similarly svelte and wearing her Gentle Leader. This will be her first taste of "wilderness" and I think Shelley will keep her on the leash because Tillie does not know the meaning of the word, HEEL, nor the concept.

I can't wait to hear how it went. Meanwhile, I need to find something to eat.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2021 10:00 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Well that just makes my day knowing that I had something to do with a Marin Yuppie wearing that hat !!!!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Surely, she has the computer skills to post a photo, yes ???

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2021 10:54 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, one would think so, wouldn't one?

However, the reality is this. Her husband has been with Apple, not a contractor, an actual employee of the Cupertino firm for 30 years and whatever she needs done, he does. This means, she doesn't have to worry about anything.

I will ask. Oh! Wait! She knows how to post pictures of her food on facebook, so maybe? They just walked in.

Well, she's in the shower now and we have a lunch in 33 minutes with a friend of hers so if by some miracle we can post it, it will be later.

Good hunting. El Bee

question: can you receive text messages, she sent me a photo to my phone and I can forward it if you want to post it?

edit: first, you send me a text. I will email my cell phone number, ok?

[ August 12, 2021, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2021 11:39 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
No idea how to send text.
My unused flip cell phone resides in the truck for emergencies. I turn it on about every three months to top off the charge in the battery.

Technologically, I might as well be Amish.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2021 02:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm?

I'm in no position to scorn, I'm barely a second grader as far as digital stuff is concerned. Let me think....

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2021 10:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I still don't know how to get around a digital hosting site. I blame facebook for crowding them out of existence. As our Peanut Gallery might be aware, computers run on WiFi and your home modem....as far as I know? Unless you are at Starbucks, and they offer free access to the Internet, although I don't know why the hell you would buy an $8 Latte' just to get free/never mind!

Anyway, fucking smartphones, (you may please excuse yourself, ko ko) use something different, it's like in outer space? The stumbling block for me is that the assholes always require an "app" and that is an effective roadblock for folks like me and ko ko.

Then some weenie tells us that "they" meaning the government, I think?, is tracking our every interaction, 24/7/365. Except Safford! I'm pretty sure they wouldn't bother rigging Safford for round the clock surveillance? I mean....would you?

So, now pay attention! We have two different technologies, personal computers and Macs and all the tech savvy folks do everything on their phone. Land Lines are so "provincial" that we should scorn those that still use them! Maybe, taken out and shot is too good for those Neanderthals?

Besides, ko ko once told me to ALWAYS wear my tinfoil hat because the bastards can read our thoughts! Now, admit it; that's some scary shit! And, I don't know who told him, but this is no crackpot stuff, he knows somebody that knows somebody!

One of the biggest problems in the world today is the confusion over "Barbecue" whether it's basting your chicken or ribs with a sweet sauce or do they actually mean, Texas Brisket BBQ? No matter how you slice it, somebody's going to be disappointed, and it's about time we straightened it out!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2021 10:37 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Scary is the fact that about a week ago I mentioned to my wife that my Tundra boots had seen better days and the next time I'm at Cabela's, I would burn some Cabela's points off of my card and replace them. Simple conversation in the Livingroom. Her Smartphone was laying on the coffee table, unused.
Within 24 hours I was getting pop-up ads on my computer for .......... Tundra Boots. And that's with a spam filter set to 'stun' !!!
I'm sure that it's all just a harmless coincedence, though. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2021 01:20 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You must have Alexa or Seri? Being on the Witness Protection Program, they must have sweeped it for bombs and listening devices? Remember that feedback howl you were complaining about? Duh!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2021 03:32 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope ............. she has neither of those on her phone. [Eek!]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2021 06:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What about talking in your sleep?

edit:
PS Somebody wrote me and had a comment about your little tag line; "etc. etc. and the darkness could not comprehend"

and he said he posted it somewhere, maybe on facebook or something?

Anyway he said he got about 97 likes on it and I had to deny credit. I failed to tell him who's line it was because I didn't remember? Maybe I can atone by mentioning it here? He might see it.

[ August 14, 2021, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2021 04:41 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I turned Alexa off on this computer so it isn't listening.
Won't use it at all.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2021 05:06 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect that they're always listening ....... [Eek!]

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters