The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Who's fanning the flames?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who's fanning the flames?
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2021 02:00 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Wind came up and the fresh blue smelling smoke is rolling in.
Can't see much of anything now.
Only one fire to our west.
Something somewhere has blown up this afternoon.
Only another month of this stuff. Oh joy.
Have a lot of fires just to our N, NW, NE.
We are getting a lot of smoke out of calif, Oregon but it doesn't have any fire smell to it.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2021 04:11 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Fresh smoke didn't last long just came in on the wind.
But the ugly brown lung choking crap came in on the north wind late last night. Too many fires just to our north. Not going to be a good day outside. Don't really want to hole up inside but might have too.

Lungs can't take the smoke anymore it seems like. Get major headaches from it too.

Ah summers in Idaho are not nice anymore.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2021 04:14 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
The more I hear about Ideeho the more I like Arizona good luck out there!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2021 05:52 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
No.........no..........no !!!!!
I-de-ho good !!!
Arizona bad !!!
Everybody from Calif. should move to I-dee-ho. Much better place. Close to Colorado !!!
Arizona full of poisonous people, places and things......... And hot !!!! Cowboys all carry guns and everybody thinks that they're a cowboy.
I-dee-ho good !!!
Arizona bad !!!!

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2021 03:34 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
just who do you think is residing this drivel
Everyone knows Axioma sucks! too many conservative's !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2021 03:54 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
We are full up. Go some place else.
Prices totally through the roof on everything.
The west isn't what you've always dreamed it was.
We're like any other shit hole state.
Once a tried and true Red state now becoming purple.
Hunting season are becoming a foot race and a joke.
Stay in the midwest better hunting for a lot more animals.
Elk meat isn't what you've been led to believe. You can't eat horns!

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2021 05:38 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Nearly twenty year's of putting in for a cow tag never been drawn !

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2021 12:50 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
That is all we hunt. Can get a late season cow tag and not fight the heat, wasps and flies. last year didn't have much snow either.

Still smoky bad. Light winds and possible next 5 days of some kind of moisture and lightning afternoons and evenings.
Got clouds out there now but too hot. 99* at 5,000ft.

Too much rain and my corn will get flattened the wind will lay it over right now it has a eastward lean to it from the west wind the other night.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2021 01:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Some people, (like me) believe the points system for drawing various game tags is a fucking joke! I don't think very highly of the archery and primitive implement seasons, either! I consider most of these special hunts to be questionable and wonder if any of them are on the up and up? Mostly GAMES! Just my humble opinion.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2021 05:48 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, I didn't get drawn for archery deer tags, either.

The whole idea of 'primitive' was to provide more recreation days with a lower success rate. Then came 400 fps compound bows and in-line scoped muzzel loaders. The primitive kill is just shy of that of the rifle hunts and very few Game & Fish Depts. are willing to re-define 'primitive' at the cost of losing the almighty revenue $$$.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 27, 2021 05:31 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I have taken many animals with my compound dropped like rocks! not a runner one but I will not shoot a critter more than 45 yards away it just aint right !

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 27, 2021 06:18 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
We have guys in our club that will tell you with a straight face that a broadside deer at 90 yards is a gimme with their set-ups. Having seen them shoot, I tend to believe them.
Sadly, it has an effect on harvest numbers which in turn affect season lengths.

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 27, 2021 07:51 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Idaho is fairly restrictive with bows and muzzle loaders.
But there is still a lot of hunters using bows here.
NR tags sold out within a couple of hours for elk this year.

The cow hunt we do is first come first served with 2500 tags allowed.
At least they did open more of the unit to this cow hunt. Before it was real small area and everyone was really crowded in it.

I also think all these specialized hunts are crazy and hunting for 5 or so months is crazy too.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 28, 2021 04:57 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
KOKO a man must know his limitations !

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 28, 2021 07:24 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Very true, but I've always thought that the actual limitation was not how far but rather how long is a person willing to search to confirm a miss and how long is one willing to track on hands & knees even when the going gets tough & the temptation to say "It's only a survivable flesh wound. Poo-Poo can occur at any distance from a gimme to a Hail Marry and then it's time to see it thru to the end.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters