The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Fracking Summer (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Fracking Summer
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2021 04:15 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Hit 98 yesterday. We were hotter than the Boise valley.
Had the house open all night then shut it all down pulled the blinds and sat in the cave. Only way to survive it.
Suppose to cool off today. 90 or so. LOL

Fire season has arrived. Nothing close but a good one South of American Falls and one at McCammon but was caught. Have one in the Wilderness that they are going to put out and not fool around with it. It's just too early in the season. The big problem is the usual afternoon winds that keeps things churned up.

Hope the water holds out.

Checked the dog's leg yesterday. Main concern right now it sore breaking out. One small sore on a toe and the back of his leg was rubbed raw from the tape. Vet cut down the splint and cut out the areas around the toe and hock. It's down to a weekly check. But the joint is healing and getting stronger. Hoping to be down to braces by the 4th. Would like to go fishing can't with the dog in splints/casts he loves the water too much.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2021 08:03 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, where do you stand on controlled burns and "Old Growth" and fire policy, in general?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31460 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2021 09:56 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Old growth my ass. How do you know it's old growth?

Control burns at the right time of the year is good for the country/area.

We're way too dry and anything that starts now and only managed will burn the country down by fall. Don't need 1910 all over again which could happen with the next wild fire that starts.

Already hearing talk of farmers running out of water for irrigation. Might make it to the 4th.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 17, 2021 04:20 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Posting Om phone. LB could you email me a temporary password to brody4466@outlook.com ? Was 39 and pouring here last Thursday 10 am. It has been crazy. Hot then cold.
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2021 05:57 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Only got up to 107* yesterday. Down a bit from earlier in the week. Living in Paradise ain't for sissies.

Several fire going.
Make Prayers and give Thanks for the firefighters.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2021 12:44 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Got my password LB thanks.
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2021 01:45 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
95 so far today.
Some wispy clouds floating by.
It isn't even July yet.

Texted with a gal from my old district. South part of district no moisture no grass looks like moon scape. North part of district has had moisture grass. Bad fire fighting area. Mostly done with dozers and helicopters.

Sore glad I'm done with it.
One fire in the "Frank" but they caught it.
Nimrod season is just starting, seeing a long hot smoky summer.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2021 03:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, why don’t you change your password to something you can easily remember? Like Super Dave in
Eye Dee Ho?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2021 05:44 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Got to 103 here yesterday highly unusual supposed to continue for a week or so ! hoping for a good monsoon season ! we need it badly ! I put pans of water out and have rabbits coming for drinks both jacks and cottontails ! and lot of ground squirrels but I just shoot them!

[ June 19, 2021, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2021 07:13 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Solstice !!!!
Longest day of the year........ and then we begin inching our way toward hunting season !!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2021 07:27 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Super Dave right on the edge of Eye Dee Ho...In Orygone..lol

[ June 20, 2021, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2021 08:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't give up on "not trying to be a dick"!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2021 09:03 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a straddle the line guy. I used to live in Idyho 5.5 miles from Orygone as the crow flies. I live in Orygone and 1.5 miles to Ideeho now.
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2021 10:28 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
There is no hope for Dave.

North wind up here today. And getting cloudy. Strange weather.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2021 12:57 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
EarthWalker;
Question;..............

Yesterday there was a fire just over the hill & out of sight from me. It would billow black smoke for a while, die down, then billow white smoke for a while and then repeat the whole routine over again. It went on for about an hour.
Other than electing a new Pope, doesn't the different colors of smoke say something about what's going on with the fire ????

--------------------

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2021 02:27 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody been to a DMV lately ?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2021 03:10 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Why wold you do that?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2021 04:03 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, an interesting thing when traveling in northern Mexico is that you see the smoke from fires in the distance. At least some of these is in burning the insulation off of copper wire, (cable). They steal it out of the walls or chop it from the poles, or who knows but once the insulation is burned away, the wire loses all it's temper and it's easy to compress or hammer into bricks and sell it for scrap, no questions asked. Mexico is a lawless country, as you may have heard? The Federales give the peons a worthless piece of land as a homestead in the middle of no where, and they are on their own. It's amazing to see them make their cinder blocks and construct fortress housing and they cook outside under a shelter. They make their tortilla on top of a modified 55 gallon drum that has a half moon shaped opening in the bottom where they stuff twigs and use the top as a griddle. And they use ice chests for the beer, climate in northern Sonora is pretty much the same every day. Nearest civilization is San Louis, but it's barren, not even many trees. We left a 500 Mossberg with them many years ago just so we wouldn't have to hassle the documentation. I wonder if they still have it? Obviously the only firearm in the commune. But they made it so you could only "take" two animals out of the country and we were killing 25-35 in a weekend so lost the incentive, no reason to go back. I know a guy that had been going down there for years with Danny Batistini and he said, seriously, if you get stopped by the guy with the Christmas Tree on the door, you might as well kill him because he's going to make things miserable for you. That's a little too deep for me and for a while we just wanted to join a Sendero Club, silhouettes and that allows you to travel around in Baja and Sonora, maybe down to Hermosillo? and go to matches. With rifles. But these assholes count every cartridge and you better not have extra, and positively no weapons or ammo that has any military application whatso ever! This is really why they invented the 38Super for the Colt 1911. It's not 45ACP, very military and if the Mexican government worries about anything, it's another revolution, which they dearly need! You have 50 million desperately poor peons and maybe 5,000 fabulously wealthy people and nothing in between. If there was ever a reason for Guillotines and the heads to roll, Mexico is on borrowed time. They can't even afford to travel on the super highways built for the touristas, because they are toll roads and Mexicans can't afford tolls.

This brings to mind all the Guatemalans arriving at the border, all fresh faced, well dressed and carrying nothing while they supposedly have walked 3,000 miles north every one of them in new clothes and brand new tennis shoes. None of them look bedraggled from the journey, carrying babies, and fat people that look like they couldn't walk across the street without assistance, yet they are wading across the Rio Grand! WTF? George Soros is spending his money to tax the American government to the breaking point. These people are life long dependents and they are fertile baby factories. And the Democrats are playing us for suckers! Have we lost our collective minds? They think, no problem, we will just tax the rich! The rich know how to shelter their money but middle class people will be stuck with the bill and they tell these people who can't even speak english to go to the polls, that they aren't allowed to turn them away and they submit a provisional ballot and an hour later, it's counted if it's marked Democrat right down the line, and they make sure that they mark it correctly. Meanwhile, Republicans are so stupid, they can't object, have no idea what to do and somehow they elect social Democrats by a margin that exceeds the county population. How has it come down to this, I don't know but we are losing and will continue to lose. Working people are supporting 8-10 people that don't work, how the fuck does that math work out?

Will we ever see another brief 4 years of prosperity, fucking Trump was a miracle! And the Media saw to it that he was hated for his success! Who was it that used to scream, STOP THE INSANITY! Stan somebody? I've met his sister, she runs the local theater group in downtown Upland. Whatever?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2021 02:35 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Black smoke usually means heavy fuels thick timber, houses, cars and such.
White usually means lighter fuels.Like grass.
Green means they are chopping hay. LOL
Yellow white usually means hay stacks. Smoke column is usually thick and stays low to the ground (sometimes) and burns for hours.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2021 03:05 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
OK ............ Thanx !!!!

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2021 01:41 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
92 today. [Mad]

Yesterday was such a nice day of 88 high and nice cool north wind.
RH 15%. Yesterday 24% you could feel the difference.
This is going to be a very long deadly hot summer.
Crossed the Salmon river south of town and its running late August flow and has moss growing in the bottom already.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2021 03:09 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
When moving to a different state some things are required in person. Visited Oregon DMV today things actually went pretty smooth. Better than I thought.

Only place in Oregon I've actually put a face diaper on. Made an appointment before ect..ect..

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2021 03:39 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I had to get a new drivers license last year. Had to make an appointment. They really wanted me to do it on line but I wanted to turn in my old CDL license. They finally let me come in and get it.
Now the other half had to do it too but they never gave him a bit of trouble. It must just be me. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2021 06:09 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing how the whole Covid thing brought control freaks on every level out of the closet. [Eek!]

--------------------

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2021 06:19 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
This ^^^^

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters