The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Hey, views are up, so far this month!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey, views are up, so far this month!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2021 06:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't matter I have never monetized this board, it actually costs me a fair amount per year.

Keep it up, Peanut Gallery!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31346 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2021 07:05 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I can attest to the fact that at more than one campout the offer was made to 'pass the hat' to raise a few bucks to off-set the expenses of this place. Each time the offer was politely turned down.
Ain't nobody beholding to nobody.

As far as 'views' go ............. that's just the Government watching us. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7519 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2021 06:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's very nice of you to mention that, ko ko. I appreciate it.

But, you are exactly right, as to motive. As some of you may know, I used to administer Predator Masters, right after Will Craig died. For about a year. Then we got a "Star Chamber" and by the first Globe ronde, it was all about money. I saw enough of that, and the Private Messages was perfect for plotting Palace Intrigue. Then they assassinated while I was in Africa on Safari. All true!

Anyway, When the offer to take over this Board was made, I decided that running a message board by committee was a very bad idea if your motives are pure.

Now, can you imagine, that first Globe meet, they actively sought donations for raffle prizes at the awards banquet. And they accumulated quite a nice bunch of door prizes and raffle prizes. I wanted to just give them away but the Star Chamber overruled me and sold that donated merchandise, which included (if I'm not mistaken?) four (4) firearms! I think they grossed something over a thousand dollars on that lunch?

Anyway, when the offer came to assume control of The New Huntmasters, I had a pretty good idea of what I liked and what I didn't want. I didn't want advertisers because they start wanting stuff in return. Such as what was happening at PMS where Foxpro reigned supreme and stuff like that. On this board, if you make something, (such as game calls) you can advertise it on HM for free. Anything you want to sell, you can list it on HM, for free.

So that's a look at my philosophy for running a hunting focused message board. These days, FaceBook has pretty much killed off message boards. What we are doing here, since you can only discuss if a 223 is enough for coyotes several dozen times before it wears thin. Same with how long do you stay on stand, etc etc. The men on this board don't need advice, they are in a category where they are usually giving advice.

And, since many of us come from similar background, we tend to be more or less conservative, except that hard core Jay Nistetter! Just kidding! But, I see nothing wrong with focusing on the political situation with guys that have been there and done that and pretty much know what is needed when hunting one of the more worthy of game, Wilie Coyote. But it's shortsighted to concentrate on guns and gear while the Left is fucking with our very life and pursuits. So, we need to be aware and keep current on the POLITICAL SITUATION!

I have an opinion....God, do I have an opinion, and I share it. Not to the exclusion of anybody else, and this is exactly what's wrong with FUCKING FACEBOOK! You can say what you want here and it will not be altered, censored or deleted. But, you do have to defend it, because there are other opinionated assholes lurking in the weeds. This is my idea of an open forum. You can come in here and tell us what's going on or you can read what me or somebody else throws against the wall, as much or as little....and the price is right.

end of rant! Maybe I'll get another Seize and desist?
Good hunting. El Bee

[ June 11, 2021, 06:31 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2021 06:53 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
i was very sick for about a month and posted nothing!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2021 04:37 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Will Craig started PM because Predator Posse refused to have advertisers to generate money. Will saw free $$ on the horizon which pissed off PP. The end result PP was forced, due to indiscretions, to disband and transfer membership to PM. Since Will had zero money to start up PM, he partnered with a call company that paid the bills.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2021 04:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You are close, Jay. I know the whole story, and how Will monetized it....which is okay, it's a free country.

edit: Bob got drunk and committed a little indiscretion, and sabotaged a certain website.

But that's the fever that has taken over. Some time ago, there was talk about an audit but I never heard anything come of it. It's hard to believe they are rolling in dough based on banner ads, but somebody is banking a modest living. Not that I give a shit?

I got nothing and I want nothing. This is just something to do to keep in touch with my kind of people.

Hey, Jay, it took me all day to figure out what the hell 300 BO means. I got it. Maybe you can convert it to something useful?

Good hunting. El Bee

[ June 12, 2021, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2021 08:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Some asshole with a trick return addy bitched that I couldn't possibly have the page views I claim. How the fuck would he know? These guys are incredibly stupid, they really think they are hurting my feelings. But, as long as we and Huntmasters piss them off, it's worth it. They all usually demand that I shut down the site. Why! Why do they care? They don't bother me, I bother THEM! (without even trying, I might add)

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: page views right now are over 300,000, on the 13th of June. It's all in black and white, why would I lie? If it were 100 as the asshole claims, I'd say so! Why make it up? They must be Liberals over there....and you know where, "over there" is?

[ June 13, 2021, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2021 09:49 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
So ............... A limpdick with a phony address is questioning YOUR credibility ??????

I'm thinking of a word;

BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA !!!!!!

Yeah, that's it. [Razz]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7519 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2021 09:15 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
Typical liberal bullshit. If they don't like it it must be banned. Cancel culture at its finest.
Posts: 190 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2021 09:42 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
What constitutes a "view"?
If I open HM does that = 1 view?
If I select a category is that = 2 views total?
If I then select 4 different topics to read = 4 more views to make a total of 6 views?
If I go back to home page is that another view?
Select a different category another view?

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2021 09:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Something like that? Don't forget, I never claimed to be a computer wennie, but come on, Jay? How would you do the math. I assume "page views" to be exactly what it sound like. But thanks for asking!

No, this Infopop program keeps track of individual page views. I'll see what they are saying right now at half a month.
edit: 312,000. Now if you divide that by the six of us that post, we have 52,000 page views each. OR, the only point I was trying to make by bringing it up; a hell of a lot of LURKERS!

Good hunting. El Bee

[ June 14, 2021, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2021 08:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I got another anonymous email, unrespondable different name but I can't help thinking that it's probably the work on one demented person. Again demanding that this site be shut down, apparently for the good of his piece of mind and generally for humanity.

Why go to the trouble? Does he assume that I going to ponder his demands for a short time, realize he's right and pull the plug on Huntmasters because this asshole demands it? No sweet talk, just demands. And, he disputes my page counts/NO WAY IN HELL! First of all, How would HE know? Second, why would I lie about it? As they say: It is what it is!

He has nothing better to do but bother me. Okay, maybe a tiny bit, but he's not rocking my world, not even getting close to annoying me. It's more like shaking my head, puzzled at misguided concern. Live and let live. I'm retired, nothing better to do than take care of Huntmasters, chat with my friends and piss off the fake coyote hunters over at PMS. That's without even trying! I'm way ahead of this jerk on points, I bother the hell out of him/them? And they are not bothering me, at all.

But, why hide the contact? Last time I looked it's some site in Switzerland! I mean, WTF! That's why I was posting the content because I can't respond any other way. And it somehow offended a long time member and so I found out what he's about; good to know!

Anyway, I'm just amusing myself. I can't see where it bothers anybody? Why on earth would I be getting dozens of "Sceize and desist" demands for a couple years now. Somebody, somewhere is deeply bothered by my keyboard antics, and it's unconscious on my part, I'm not even trying very hard! That's it! Must be a fucking control freak Liberal! There's no pleasing those assholes. People are funny. I mean, I'm not intending to offend anybody. Just a latent talent I seem to have. Mi Vida Loca!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: 25,000 page views the last 24 hours

[ June 15, 2021, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters