The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Being careful

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Being careful
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2021 03:52 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Sure doesn't seem to work for me.
My shoulder is getting bad. Do most any physical (lite) work and it seems to move out of the socket. Not a lot but enough.

Planting a few days back and using a drill with a auger on it. Not thinking other than getting the ground broke up enough to plant.
The auger caught on a rock the drill kept going along with the wrist and shoulder. It happened 3 times before I could wrap my head around it and slow down even more.

Total reversed new shoulder is coming my way, when I finally decide to do it.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted June 02, 2021 06:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about that but I'm getting clumsier every day! Little stuff like brushing my arm and flipping my spoon out of the coffee cup, or ripping a paper towel off the roll and knocking my cereal bowl across the counter. Just stupid careless stuff like that, all friggin day long!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2021 06:56 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Ain't it fun?

It's the trying to keep you feet and balance under you in the woods that's becoming a royal PIA for us. But we keep going because we know if we stop it'll get worse the older you get.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted June 02, 2021 08:15 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Then, every day is a victory!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 03, 2021 03:18 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Slipped into the chiropractor yesterday. Feeling so much better, sore but better. The ol' guy knows the body and does wonders for me.

96 up here yesterday for a short time, but it was long enough.
Weather saying 94 today which means we's going to get down right miserable this afternoon.
Got the house wide open trying to soak up all the cool I can then shut the house down. No trees to help keep us cool.

--------------------

Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2021 05:14 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
You might want to lay off that middleweight arm wrestling for a while. [Smile]

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2021 03:49 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
fell flat on my noggin on a flat rock at the fire pit nothing breaking my fall just my head on the rock I am becoming a danger to my self !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2021 04:19 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
This is where I would normally ask if the rock's OK but instead I'll just say BE MORE FRIGGEN CAREFULL !!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2021 01:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what I did last night? There I was sitting down to pee, because it takes so much concentration….sometimes, other times, not so much but there I was, and I finished and went to stand up and pull my pants up, when I got a little off balance and fell forward, crashed my head into the towel rack and then, my knees buckled and I fell sideways and landed in the shower, the slider was open. I haven’t looked but if that don’t cause some bruising, I’ll be very surprised.

So, it seems like these blood thinners are making me kinda light headed? And energy? What’s that? I ain’t got none!
As I said before, walking from one room to the next, first thing I’m looking for is somewhere to sit down! I thought I was feeling better getting out of the joint, but not lately. I have a social worker coming tomorrow to see how I’m doing. Might ask if she brought an extra cane with her? I’m pretty sure it’s the blood thinners that are making me lite headed. At least I’m becoming aware of it and something to brace with might come in handy. She’s going to reach for the walker but I’m not interested in that level of incapacity, yet!

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2021 06:11 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Took my sil and grand sons out calling coming up the hill back to the truck my sil had to help me next week he showed up with a cane really helps on the uneven surfaces outdoors !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2021 06:35 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Paul;
If you have Yucca stalks up your way, they make really neat walking sticks. Light weight, pretty strong and much 'panache' with a small bit of decoration.
Good for urging rattlesnakes off of the trail, too.

Edit to add;
Use two of them like ski poles and you can cross them for shooting sticks.

[ June 08, 2021, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2021 07:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No No, ko ko! A nice length of Sahuaro makes an impressive walking stick! Strong too! I can't think of anything lighter or stronger?

As I understand it, it "may" not be strictly allowed, but I have risked it a couple times and I promise, you will treasure it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2021 10:21 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear about the health issues. I used to take baby aspirin every day. I got to where if a brushed up against almost anything I'd start bleeding like a stuck hog. So I stopped taking that crap.

Social worker coming over? Be careful what you say. Those social workers are probably like those court appointed psychiatrists. They are not your friend.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2021 11:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
She just left. Signed a dozen documents.
Had to tie up Tillie, or she wouldn't come in. Accomplished nothing, in my view?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2021 12:05 PM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
I sure hope you read and understood what you signed. Just saying. I've had some very bad experiences when I read what I thought was explained to me before I decided not to sign until my corrections were shown to me in print to sign. Just saying.
Don't even think about trusting ANY BODY that has ANY connection to ANY government agency.
I may be preaching to the choir here but just trust me on this one. The government can lie to you to achieve an end but you can't lie back to them.
And never forget Leonard that you are a resident of the Workers Utopia of Commifornia!!!

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 640 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2021 12:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I hear ya, Walt! I crossed out stuff that I thought was sketchy, don't know if it will help?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters