The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » What a Day.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What a Day.
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2021 03:45 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Went to help the neighbor with my tractor/backhoe.
Got the first hole dug, 5 foot deep to his main line.
Then he wanted to know if I had time to dig another one in another spot. Sure!
So moved over to the other spot. Looking for a water/irrigation line(not his). Started digging slowly. Hadn't got down 2 feet and not in the spot he thought the pipe was. Water everywhere. Got the tractor moved before I got wet.
Spent the day digging more of the line out. Other half came up to help. So $300 later the guy spent to get pipe/ compression fitting. We finally got it hooked up and no leaks( had to remove it once) we got it back on line and the neighbor close to us back on line.
No one came to see or help. Did call one neighbor to let him know and he did drive up to look then left like his pants were on fire.
So much for wanting to be helpful.
Wore out and wind blown.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2021 07:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
(filed under, No good deed goes unpunished)

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31460 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2021 08:41 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds pretty typical when one offers to help. The good news is you have a tractor. Tractors big and small are hard to get nowadays.
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2021 01:09 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
We bought a Branson tractor. Didn't think we'd use it all that much.
It has saved us so much back ache and muscle couldn't live without it now.

Most pipe lines especially household type it's all buried 5ft. deep or more. Except one irrigation 8" pvc section 20. It was only 16" or so and a foot or more off where he witched it..

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2021 02:09 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard the Branson is a pretty good tractor. Deere makes a great compact, but, but, they sure are proud of 'em price reflects that.
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2021 06:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever happened to Massey Ferguson?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2021 09:03 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought that one of those little Bobcat tractors were pretty neat.

[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2021 01:23 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
We looked at John Deere, Ford, Kubota and so forth.
We can buy 2 Branson's for one John Deere.
So far it's been great but still new too.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2021 07:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What about Mahindra? They advertise a lot. Made in India.

Are John Deere made here? Is that why they cost more? I have a John Deere cap and I guess I get more comments on it than any ball cap I ever wear. So, it has status, if nothing else.

Good hunting.
El Bee 🐝

Edit: speaking of the Bobcat, they are really a success story. I saw one with one of those impact gadgets on the front for breaking concrete. Didn’t I see that woman in Alaska with one rigged with a tread? I think so?

[ May 30, 2021, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2021 02:30 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Try wearing a Trump 2024 hat. Comments you'll get and so far, nobody's tried to knock mine off of my head.

[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2021 07:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure of that!

Around here, the Land of the Fruits and the Nuts, wearing a trump hat is liable to invoke some nasty comments. If it says 2024, the unhinged lunatics around here might physically assault a Patriot....and I might have to spend the rest of my life in prison for killing the bastard. Better safe than sorry!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters