The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Amazon Fire sticks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Amazon Fire sticks
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2021 04:23 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
We have one and now since I switched internet providers we're able to watch it. Well some of it haven't figured it all out and I need to get on Amazon and do something so we can watch other channels.

So far we've went through 2 series of British police dramas or "Who done it" type of shows. Onto one now that was produce by Masterpiece about a detective and the unforgotten murders.

Anyway anyone else use the Firesticks and could give me any pointers.
I know some on here hate Amazon but when you live in the middle of no where with little over the air channel selection this is the alternative or go back to satellite tv and I won't do that again.

When spring comes I'll take down Huges net dish that is out front. The dang tree that was in the way was going to stop the signal anyway in another year or so.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2021 05:15 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I dont hate Amazon dont care about Amazon but I hate all shows British , still holding a grudge from 1776 those stuffy bastards can go screw off . We have a firestick my wife is in charge I throw digital stuff it never does what is supposed to do ever !!!!!LOLLOLLOL!
Sorry I could not help even my digital little bride is troubled with firestick my son in law however is a pro all the sports all the fights including free PPV but alas we live in the sticks and get our internet from Huhes net the incompetent
provider!

[ January 02, 2021, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2021 08:08 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
I have both the firestick and Roku. With out a doubt, the Roku device is far better. In fact we rarely, if ever anymore, use the firestick. There is a lot more content on the Roku including Amazon Prime videos, Netflix, Hulu, etc.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2021 10:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Geeze, am I behind the times! I don't know what you folks are talking about. Yes, I have cable. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31494 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2021 11:53 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I have Basic Cable and it's great !!
I turn on the tv.
The programing is crap. (The outdoor programing is the worst.)
If I do settle on something to watch, it's full of mindless commercials for useless products.
I turn off the tv in disgust and pry my ever widening ass up off of the couch and go DO something.

[Razz]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7591 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2021 04:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm doing something even more revolutionary. I read!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2021 06:37 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
You mean, like ....print ...... ON PAPER ????
How can this be ??/
Is the government aware of this behavior ????

Ironically, I picked up a copy of Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury today at a yard sale. Never read it.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7591 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2021 06:06 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
My wife has a tablet all digital and reads at least two books a week ! me I split wood and stack it put out water for my critters run the water wagon into town bring home water and fill my tank. you know all the silly shit ! My eyes dont allow me to read even with my readers when nothing else needs doing i watch cooking shows funny for a guy that cant eat ! 451 is a great book KOKO ! I used to love everything written by Robert Heinlein ! Ray bradbury was once asked to tell the shortest triller and He said you are the last man on the planet and there is a knock at the door ! lololol

[ January 03, 2021, 06:08 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2021 09:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes ko ko. Books made of paper pages and you have to turn them manually, clicking doesn't work. I understand the concept went out with high button shoes, but it can still be done if a person is willing to put forth the effort. I can't get excited about Kindle either. I want a real book that I can take with me or keep in the bathroom and fold the corners of the pages. They do have these things called book markers but I use any kind of paper and stick it between the pages which you cannot do on a Kindle....I don't think?

Yes, a book with a dust cover, and I prefer hardcover but will read a paperback if it's all I can get. What's this world coming to?

Good hunting. El Bee
Okay, I've been avoiding it long enough, got to do my bills. Fuck this auto payment shit!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2021 09:47 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I have many hard covers enuff to start a library just cant read em any more Last one I read was a history as usual something about Tom Jefferson!
I love history ,we cant tear down statues but history will not change ! p.s. everyone says Roku is better but thanks to my lovely bride I got to see football I would have had to miss without the firestick !

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters