The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Merry Christmas (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Merry Christmas
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2021 09:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hanover is way up north, I was only there once and that was as a civilian. You know, maybe their beer is at 40* room temperature, but they cope with the down comforter which is not like I have a couple of. Even the Gasthouses have a comforter that is at least a foot thick which they hang out the wind ow every morning. But you need it because you won't get much heat in the room.

I was attached to Seventh Army which was basically situated in the Rhineland. Southern, in the American zone, you might say it is the German Riviera. Don't kid yourself, summers in Germany are very pleasant. Once in a while we might go to Strasbourg, in France which, as I recall was maybe 25-30 miles from Karlsruhe. There is no doubt that France is a dirtier country than Germany, you would see trash and litter which you would not see in Germany.

Every car in France has yellow headlights. Don't ask me why? But also, Germans have a friggin' death wish on the Autobahn, speed, something Paul would relate to. I don't care how bad the weather there will be some huge Audi or Mercedes rolling down the fast lane at 200 clicks and you better get out of the way when they flip their brights at you. They really are nuts! I think our trucks were restricted to 45MPH, or somewhere around 60 kilometers. Most Americans use common sense at night and in rain or snow, but not Germans. They really do think they are immortal, but they are stupid, the government says we can go as fast as we want and by God, we will go as fast as we want! The accidents are monumental, sometimes stretch for miles as they keep plowing around a curve or over a hill and there it is! EEK! Mox Nix, as they say.

another thing, Germans fight like girls! We could beat up Germans every night until it got boring....and I wonder why they hated us? No, but really, there is something a bit effeminate about German men. A little hard to explain, but you will see it, and no wonder that their women preferred G.I.'s. That right there is reason enough for the bit of hostility displayed.

I could never consider actually living in Germany. Even their stuck in their ways, like on Wednesday you can go to a shop because that's market day. Every other day, you were shit out of luck if you couldn't get off work because the shops shut down, I don't know, 5 o'clock or so, maybe 4? And like here, now, the stores charge 10 cents for a bag to put your purchases in. In Germany, it's always been that way! That's why they all carry their Schnitzel Bag, just put you tomatoes in there, or walk out with a roll of TP stuck in your pocket. And, TP is sold bu the roll, none of this 6 packs stuff. They do not know what soft TP is, it's all brown and hard and not comfortable, at all. Germans rely on cologne because they do not bathe every day. Maybe these things have changed somewhat, but they were the original hippy chicks, do not shave arms or legs. If they wore pantyhose, the hair on the legs looks like wet, I promise, females have hairy legs, something we do not see much of in America. Yeah, our women have hairy legs but they keep them under control. In the larger cities, it would be different than in the little Burgs. Funny, but I don't remember Mexican women not shaving their legs? Because when they don't, it is very obvious. Might be the Indian influence, Mexicans are mixed, Spanish and Mexican Indian. Mestistos I think might be the proper word?
edit: it's mestizo
Whatever
Good hunting. El Bee

[ January 07, 2021, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31416 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2021 04:33 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Never been there never will but enjoy your commentary ! There are places in this country I have not seen but would like to! Getting a little late for me but you never know there is the Lottery LOL ! When i die you can leave my ashes around Sotcher Lake in the Eastern Sierra its down by Rainbow falls !Can you believe I want to be left in California !LOL

[ January 08, 2021, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2021 06:17 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
There are parts of Calif. that are like a pretty girl's profile. The rest is like a wino's armpits & asshole. [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7563 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2021 08:01 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
The eastern sierra is one of the most beautiful places on earth ! We used to go at least once a
year and take the children fishing the streams with my boys was like nothing else ! i used to set up mini rigs and catch and release trout about 2 inches long it was a hoot ! Also caught the biggest browns you ever saw in those little creeks 1

[ January 08, 2021, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2021 09:15 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, everybody rolling up 395 passes Lake Diaz and we always liked Pleasant Valley Reservoir and Convict, Sabrina, Crowley and Intake #2. It's kinda fun just following your nose and taking what was available, as far as access. But if you have the time and aren't all fished out, Lake Diaz has some peaceful camping spots and there's enough rainbows of good size to keep it interesting. We had a rather small boat that was just perfect with a trolling motor, one year and caught as many nice fish as we wanted with that killer spoon called Thomas Buoyant. I'm thinking of one memorable trip with three generations in that rig for a week. It was very nice!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2021 04:24 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
We always went in deep ! do you remember when the hotel burnt down ?

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2021 08:20 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
We hiked into the backside of Tinnamaha (sp?) Res. one time to bowfish for carp. Pretty awesome day of shooting carp and bumping Tule Elk.
Hard to believe how they've screwed that whole state up.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7563 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2021 10:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You speak of the hotel at Little Lake, correct? That was pretty sad. I've been in that place many times and way back when. It had a lot of authentic charm. Last time I drove by, it was a disgusting smear on the offramp, not worth stopping, that's for sure.

The Owens Valley is a neat place, I know all those towns and all the restaurants, like Jack's Waffle House in Bishop. There are some lunker fish hanging on the walls. Shat's Bakery (sp) is worth stopping for a loaf of bread, if heading home. Mule days is a trip! That Giggle Springs is the cheapest gas.

Good Hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters