The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » was 16 last nite

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: was 16 last nite
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 06, 2020 09:51 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Now at 10:48 its 58 degrees feels like spring oh well when the coals die down its clean woodstove bring in wood and repeat till March !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 06, 2020 11:21 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Thank Gawd he's talking about the temperature. I thought that he tried to be a teenager again and was going to share all of the sordid details. [Eek!]
I would have had to wash my brain out with bleach.

[Razz]

Only got down to 29* down this way. Same deal with the woodstove.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7588 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 06, 2020 12:39 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
It was 7 last night and now 29. [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 06, 2020 01:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It was 54* last night an now it's 73*

[ December 06, 2020, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31490 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 06, 2020 04:50 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Send it my way LB.
We're inversion in right now so not much movement in temps.

--------------------

tedo
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4320

Icon 1 posted December 06, 2020 08:30 PM      Profile for tedo   Email tedo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Koko, there is still a stack of firewood at the camp out spot from a couple years ago. I was in the area about week ago tryiny to hunt up a coyote and spotted it, it should be well seasoned from all the rain we did't have. No coyotes died from gunshot or covid.
Posts: 73 | From: S.E. Arizona | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2020 03:30 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the calling's been pretty slow lately. About the best I can say is that I've found the arrows that I've shot.

Quail numbers seem to be up, though, this year. Some kind of rabbit fever went thru and got a lot of the jacks & cottontails. No critters ....... no coyotes.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7588 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
tedo
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4320

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2020 05:25 AM      Profile for tedo   Email tedo         Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely appears to be a good quail crop this year. I managed to kill twenty-two coyotes last month but had to scout up new spots to find them. Old reliable spots not producing.
Posts: 73 | From: S.E. Arizona | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2020 04:49 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
There are no old reliable spots they are where they are ! LOL THINK WE HAVE RAIN COMING END OF THE WEEK PTL!

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2020 04:59 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh and KoKo if I were sixteen last nite there would be nobody alive in town LOLLOLLOL!

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2020 08:04 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, you know what happened the last time that you rode a horse into a biker bar. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2020 07:55 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
3 last nite now 9:00 32! It was colder than a well diggers ass in the Yukon!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2020 08:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, you have something that logs the temperature, or do you have to be watching it at 3am to know what it got down to last night?

Around here the trend is overnight lows mid 40's and daytime high mid sixties. Sometimes, a teeshirt ain't enough. We are at the stage where you feel it right away when the sun goes down. I'm kind of a puss, don't like to be cold.

Just happened to think, Paul, the pioneer probably has one of those fancy weather stations, wind chill and dew point included. I sent him an email over a week ago and have yet to get a reply so things are/must be pretty hectic up there in Ashfork?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2020 08:39 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Been perfect winter weather lately. Snow's up on the mountain where it belongs. Fire in the woodstove mornings / evenings. Mid-day warms up to t-shirt or sweatshirt time. Wind hasn't been too bad.

Counted coup on a coyote the other day with the longbow. Lucky 65 yard shot that just nicked it on the lower leg. Didn't kill it but it still made my day.

Found a 1917 BenchMark, too. Gotta love the desert.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2020 08:50 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
El Bee;
I've got an inexpensive thermometer with a remote from Wally World. Records past 24 hour high & low, indoor & outdoor. Got the receiver in the bedroom so with the wind chime set, I know how to dress when I get up. The smaller chimes are kinda high pitched ..... tells me light wind. The big chimes make a much deeper tone ..... means the wind's blowing harder. If the temp's low & all of the chimes are going crazy, it means go back to bed.
[Razz]

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2020 04:00 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
You want a good digital remote weather station look at Davis Weather instruments. We have a La Cross we picked up at Costco one year. It does okay but lately the rain totals haven't been working like they should . Probably full of horse shit blowing in from the neighbors place. Need to crawl up and clean it next spring.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2020 04:21 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard I have a full blown weather station tracks TEMP IN AND OUT humidity WIND SPEED AND DIRECTION RAIN AND SNOW. and gives the high and low for each oh also inches of mercury ! It's a purdy cool toy ! also tells me the time day and date great for old guys that dont know what day it is ......

[ December 18, 2020, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2020 07:51 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Says 38 right now. That's been about our high the last week or two ?

Snow is pretty much melted. Muddy as hell.

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted December 21, 2020 06:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Somehow, I knew Paul would have the deluxe weather station. I used to have something that stuck to the window but Tillie kept knocking it off. Bad dog! Now, I have to look out that window, due south and sorta figure and estimate how cold it might be without actually venturing forth. Thus far, there is no cost involved.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2020 06:43 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Ew the lacrosse has a software glitch in the upper left hand side that tells
the rainfall they are supposed to send you a new one never got mine bunch a assholes ! but i still like Costco they always treat me well !

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2020 07:43 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
We ran Davis weather instruments on the lookouts.
You had to set the location and elevation.
Haven't got the spare $550 right now or would have one.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2020 10:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure this is very small potatoes compared to others.

But, I have always been very skeptical of all this digital shit. I bought a pretty nice brass scale, to 75 pounds, when I was hunt chairman because we would always have some kind of award for heaviest animal, be it gray fox, coyote, bobcat or even badger. One club had a digital scale, really nice red readout down to two decimal points. Of course, it ran on batteries and in real cold weather it would be sick, half the time while my nice brass scale never missed a lick.

There have been other things, like a $300 job that could find an animal ten feet deep. Not really but it never found anything and I got my money back.

I bought a tire pressure gauge, I'm sure more than 30 years ago, analogue. The only thing that don't work is the button on the side that holds the last reading, like if you are trying to get the pressure on the inside doulies. Other than that it's accurate as hell.

But I bought a digital tire pressure gauge at Costco. I guess it worked ok for a while but then it didn't. Costco warranty says to send it to the manufacturer, which was in New York and the postage was about Twelve bucks. You know what? Never heard back? So, my $20 tire pressure gauge plus $12 bucks for postage to enforce the warranty, and in the meantime, I'm still using that 30 year old analogue gauge....which might have cost me ten bucks plus another $5 for a rubber protective cover that fits tighter than a bull's ass in fly season, but has never failed me yet.

My trigger pull gauge is not digital and still works but it doesn't give you a read out in the hundredths , like 6.07 pounds, instead of the vastly inferior "C hair past 6 pounds" on my scale.

Bottom line, some of this digital stuff is junk and everybody pretty much expects it to take a shit anyway.

Good hunting. El Bee

[ December 22, 2020, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2020 06:47 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey EarthWalker;
I sent you a card to your old address & it came back.
Happy Holidays !!!!
For what it's worth, your mail ain't being forwarded.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters