The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Holy Crap!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Holy Crap!!
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2020 07:48 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Just looked out the window and it's snowing.

We hit 51* yesterday and all the snow went poof.
Was back grading the drive area moving all the shale rock back into area that we plow. Water was standing everywhere and moving.

Got to love the high country. [Big Grin]

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2020 08:18 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
One of those "acquired tastes"?

Say what you want, all those folks that leave southern California, but you cannot beat the climate. I do not understand people that live in climates where it gets bitterly cold. Been there, done that! As they say, I used to walk to school at 25 below, over a mile, uphill both ways. People that look forward to the seasons, they really look forward to the spring! Me and cold do not get along!

It's pretty cool to drive up to Bishop or Mammoth for the weekend, mid winter, and always nice to get back home to the shirtsleeves and shorts after getting all that snow out of your system. The most terrifying driving I have ever experienced involved icy roads!

LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2020 01:50 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Got no problems with snow covered roads.
It's the other idiots that are on it that drive me crazy. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2020 03:59 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I love snow. Even more so when it's up on the mountain where it belongs and I'm on my patio down in the desert looking up at it while bbq-ing.

[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2020 04:52 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Grew up on a small farm. I got so I hated winter. Cow shit to the knees. Tractor that wouldn't start. Mud and shit everywhere.
Now that we have the modern clothing and footwear I really don't mind it. I can't be out for an 8-10 day any more but it doesn't bother like it use too. Also up here it has very low RH and that doesn't hurt either. We can go down to the Boise Valley in the spring and actually freeze. The RH is much higher down there and we feel the cold a whole lot more.
I have a wonderful small over built house with windows and binoculars to watch the world go by.
But it's finally getting nice up here all the out of state hunters have left and it's finally getting quiet. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2020 05:33 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Grrrr!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2020 01:37 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
I used to love winter time myself back in Nevada. But after they replumbed my heart and I got on blood thinners and other assorted pills that -0 stuff finally got me. I was miserable out there sitting in the snow calling and just had to admit defeat as far as cold and snow goes. It's cold and damp here in TN in the winter and you do feel the damp humidity, which is pretty chilly, but not the same as -10 up in the mountains of Nevada, even with relatively low humidity.
But I'll keep my four seasons here now compared to 9 months of winter up in those high deserts.
My days of grabbing the snowboard and hitting the slopes are long gone now also.
No more dressing up like Ralfies kid brother anymore.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 640 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2020 08:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, Walt? To me, Nevada spells FREEDOM! Just the idea of sitting on a hillside, firing a shot and nobody else will hear it is awesome!

LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2020 03:56 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
The only thingI truely do miss is those wide open spaces and knowing that you are the only one around for miles. BUT, I don;t miss those winters.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 640 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2020 05:50 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I cut a cord of wood took me three days I used to do that in the morning and was home for lunch just ordered a second cord to be delivered I am officially the old guy at the end of the road with all the guns !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters