The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Hello Boys! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Hello Boys!
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2020 11:48 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I'd pop in and see who is still around. I've been on a couple year hiatus and even moved a thousand miles. Retired in Montana and found another job closer to family in Utah a little over a year ago.

This Utah coyote didn't know who he was dealing with when he paused to look back while I was out rabbit hunting. First one I've ever killed with a 22 rimfire. One shot through the lungs and it was a done deal. Not an ideal coyote caliber, but worked in a pinch.
 -

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2020 01:01 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back !!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2020 01:57 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back.
But, that is one ugly coyote!
Must be southern Utah?

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2020 02:12 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Ya, they don't look like those big puff balls in Montana.
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2020 04:25 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Lookin good Troy !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2020 04:29 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Shot placement is much more important than caliber and sitting still is much more important than than high dollar camo though I wear it a lot as a fashion statement! along with social commentary.

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2020 06:29 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with everything you said Paul.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2020 08:25 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, nice to see you, Troy!

I agree, that's kind of a scruffy looking coyote for Utah, even. It would be a prime southern Arizona coyote, however. For now, anyway.

Why on earth would you want to leave that Big Sky trout fishing paradise? Let's see, you are/were a public school teacher, as I recall? Retirement beckoned and you grabbed it, returning to your roots, maybe? The little woman hails from Utah? Tax advantages? It's not a state that appeals to me, as a residence, although I have been there many times.

Whatever. And, congratulations on the rabbit hunting with 22 rifles. That's a nostalgia type of thing for me, haven't done it in MANY years but I thoroughly enjoyed it at the time. Good for you!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31471 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2020 09:04 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I was born and raised in southern Arizona and Utah. Both my parents and my wife's parents live in Utah. I thought when my kids grew up and moved out of the house that most would stay in Montana, but only one did. The rest moved to Utah.
Add in the fact that my mom is fighting bone marrow cancer and then it makes it easier to understand why I moved back after 25 years in the Big Sky state. It's a lot easier to help my mom and dad out when I only live 40 minutes away as opposed to a thousand miles. Utah is not my favorite state, but I've managed to find some excellent fishing and it keeps me out of trouble. I can't imagine living in northern Utah near Salt Lake or Provo. I'd rather be dead than live there. Thankfully I'm in a small town in the better half of the state. [Big Grin]
I caught this just 15 minutes from my front door.
 -

[ November 12, 2020, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: ursus21 ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2020 11:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It appears, you ain't lost it!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2020 07:38 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
May God bless your mother Troy CANCER SUCKS !
Nice bow !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2020 08:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I'm just looking at that very decent Rainbow, and pondered the "Look", the fashion statement, that example of what a well dressed expert fisherman is wearing these days.

First, you have to note the layering. I see part of a plaid shirt, followed by a sweatshirt "hoodie" and he caps off this, ensemble (is that the right word?) with what looks like a flannel, and maybe even a fleece lined flannel shirt and ball cap? There you go, a casual, yet elegant, yet functional getup worthy of an Abercrombie & Fitch ad in the New Yorker with that ever popular "Homeless" look. It's seriously impressive!

LB

[ November 14, 2020, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2020 06:03 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL LEONARD YOU CRACK ME UP !

[ November 15, 2020, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted November 15, 2020 07:42 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a nice fish!

Missing caption:

-

Homeless Guy says; I found this in the trash!

GOD BLESS!

[ November 15, 2020, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2020 07:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Not picking on you, Troy. You have my admiration!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2020 01:28 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
They must have a better class of homeless up in Utah than we do down this way.

Speaking of homeless ..................
We have a busload of, shall we say, free spirits from Colorado that come thru this way a couple of times a year and visit Wally World. Fairly attractive brunette comes in bra-less wearing an oversized muscle t-shirt. B cup / pierced right nipple. When ALL eyes are on her walking to the restroom, her three traveling companions hit the Deli sandwich rack, load up and just walk out the door. She follows them out and down the road they go like they've done it before. [Razz]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2020 01:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hav you not heard about what they are doing in San Francisco? Walk in the convenience store with trash bags and scoop as much as they can carry and the popo are on record not doing a damned thing about it because it might be less than a thousand dollars worth and that is the new threshold for "crime".

Liberals are proving every day that they are from outer space!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS you know, for a fact, it's B cup pierced right nipple? Who submits to these things?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2020 02:03 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It's right there for the whole world to be distracted by.

[Smile]

--------------------

ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2020 10:05 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
You guys crack me up. I wish I would have returned sooner!
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2020 10:10 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a fashion statement for you from last month. Was a fun day though catching tiger trout on a fly rod. There aren't any tiger trout in Montana so I've been really enjoying catching and learning about a trout I'm not overly familiar with.
 -

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2020 10:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn! That does look like fun! Are those fish like a hybrid that is infertile? They sure are colorful! I HAVE heard of them, just the name and nothing about them. Maybe like the Kokono? I can't spell it but some impoundments in AZ have them.

Seems like I remember a while ago that you were transitioning to the fly rod. I never made the move, a little too rich for my blood and our creeks are too full of brush for casting, and deep.

God Bless
LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2020 10:42 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
They are a hybrid between a brook and a brown trout. They seem to get the best traits from both fish. I don't really care to eat trout, but I will make an occasional exception for these as they actually taste really good. Oh and you are correct they are sterile.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2020 12:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree on actual eating trout. Not that I have tried that many, the rainbow they have in Lake Crowley, come to think of it, they have about four different strains, including the Alpers. But, the one the plant by air every fall, something like a half a million fingerlings seem to grow to more than a pound over the winter and their flesh is a bright orange, opposed to most that are kind of a pinkish white.

Anyway, of those I have tasted, I don't really care for them, at all, and they are much too boney, you have to be careful and it's a slow process to pick them apart. You do not want a bone lodged half way down your throat. Maybe that's the main reason why I avoid them? The Crowley Sacramento perch is better eating, but you have to like fish, and I don't, particularly.

Best tasting fish, in my never humble opinion is Swordfish, if you could find it. A halibut steak would do nicely, not filleted. If you must have seafood, settle for King Crab! They sell it frozen in a wood crate for $250. You better make sure you have room in the freezer before plunking down that much coin. Per pound it's about $25. For my money, it's by far the best seafood, better than Maine lobster. Drenched, dunked in drawn butter, it's fit for a king! edit: forgot to mention where I have seen the wood boxes: at Costco, of course!

And, I've had deep fried Walleye, King Crab is superior. I've never had it on the grill, just submerged in boiling water. But, it would be worth a try.

Goo...etc.
LB

[ November 16, 2020, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2020 01:19 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Make mine crawfish !!!

[Cool]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2020 04:09 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a brookie and a brown two of the best eating trout !

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters