The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » HEY! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: HEY!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2020 08:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to think AZ sunsets were the cat's ass....

That is, until I experienced a few from Albuquerque to Raton; northern New Mexico. They win the gorgeous sunset contest! Not even close!

I don't know what it is, but those N.M. sunsets can bring tears to your eyes!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2020 05:53 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Vic would be proud. I went to Weed-Mart yesterday maskless !! me and one lady were the only ones I saw ?

I've pretty much sworn off Wally-World myself.

I needed chicken food and didn't want to drive across town. I also wanted to see what they would do ?

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2020 03:47 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 

[ August 11, 2020, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2020 07:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Friday, I took my best pair of glasses to Costco to get new lenses. the right lens has a small scratch right in the middle and I am very anal about my vision since I spent the first 55 years with exceptional 10/20 vision.

Employee told me they can't accept them because of covid 19! Say what? Yes, there is a danger of contamination, the whole optical plant could be threatened by my disease carrying frames that were not purchased from Costco. That's the key! Had I bought these $350 frames at Costco, then they would take the risk.

So, I chewed on that for about ten seconds and asked to see the manager. When she brought him over, and I'm sure he was briefed, I tried to be polite and explain how ridiculous their virus policy impressed me. Maybe I made an impression but he promised to make an inquiry in my behalf and get back to me.

He called me Saturday and said the manager wasn't available but he would try again Monday. And, he did, and he called me about 10, Monday morning and said to bring them in and they would carefully decontaminate, (his word was "disinfect") and he would leave instructions for whatever clerk waited on me that he had gained approval, I mean, exception. Two hours later, I dropped them off and they said expect at least a week before they would come back.

So, in this case, a complaint about a stupid store policy caused them to cave in and accommodate the customer. I'm still more than a little surprised! And only $154! It's impossible to just redo the one scratched lens, gotta be both.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters