The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » HEY! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: HEY!
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2020 11:28 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Seems there was another uniformed bunch who's defense was "I vas only following orders".

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Edit to stay on topic; It's 106* right now. [Razz]

[ August 04, 2020, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7583 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2020 12:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Grrr! You're really asking for it!

It's 84* here, with wind chill, feels like 86*

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2020 03:32 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
54* this morning at 0600.
Yesterday was 90* or so.
Suppose to be warmer today.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted August 05, 2020 06:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's overcast here, this morning, weather app says "FOG" and a high of 82*. This is a result of the hot desert pulling in moist ocean air. I can't help it!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2020 11:16 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Just got back from "Maskville" Oreygone. I was the only person in Subway without one.
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2020 12:09 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I know that feeling Dave. Went to Winn Dixie, as Ive instated a lifetime boycott of Walmart. Kid at the door with bottle of hand sanitizer and a fan blowing on him. Hit the door and noticed their new rag policy and turned to head back to truck to go hit PicNsave, no rags there.
Kid says "hey mister, whats wrong", I said I don't do the rag routine so I would go else where, he said no worries, just a sign, we don't kick you out for not wearing a rag. Did my shopping and me and one other guy were the only naked faced sonofabitches in the whole place!

[ August 05, 2020, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Az-Hunter ]

Posts: 1629 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2020 12:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you know what? That's exactly the way I think it aught to be, everywhere. If you are comfortable driving around in your car with the windows rolled up and the A/C on, and sporting a mask, I say, that's your business. Stupid, but that's your business.

This bullshit about arresting people they catch without a mask in some big warehouse store is way way out of bounds! It should be a friggin' suggestion, not a g'damned hanging offense! But, from what I hear, there have been situations where people are slammed to the ground by 2-3 cops and suffered lumps around the head, & I've seen the videos!

The thing is, these Demorat governors and mayors do not make law, so far as I know? But they sure like to issue lockdowns and rules and you better not violate their rules or you will be sorry!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Knows what it's all about
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2020 01:56 PM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
Mask 'nazis' are everywhere. I ran into one at a Wendys in Billings Mt. She was full of herself with her new found authority.
Posts: 191 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2020 04:45 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Colorado is now mandatory masks everywhere. Few people wear them outside and it's required to enter any store now the grocery store used to say please wear a mask. We never did.

Stupidest thing in the whole wide world is masks required to enter a restaurant but you can take them off at the table!?!?

I think we are in for a very early winter here in Colorado. My children daily point out to me trees that are already starting to yellow.

80 degrees at the moment and 90° tomorrow in beautiful downtown Castle Rock, Colorado.

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2020 03:36 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Hot miserable day yesterday 95 or so.
Hot all night even the breeze was warm.
67* at 0500.
Yesterday morning we got down to 51* and you could actually tell is was cooler than normal and felt good.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted August 06, 2020 09:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Something that has occurred to me more than once: on a hot day, regardless of store air conditioning, it is especially unpleasant trying to shop with that damned mask impeding your breathing! I've even surreptitiously let the mask slip below my nose a few times, hoping the MASK POLICE don't catch me, cause I ain't going down without a fight!

What? I just saw a headline that New York wants to dissolve the NRA? Wonder what they did now? Must be a mistake?

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: oh, forgot! It's overcast again, about 80* maybe? Carry on!

edit: check it out! https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/06/new-york-attorney-general-lawsuit-dissolve-nra/

Actually, I'm all for a little DISCLOSURE about the recent trench warfare among NRA leadership!

[ August 06, 2020, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2020 12:40 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
To date, I have not put the rag on my face, and I won't, simple as that. In Tractor Supply this morning to get rolled oats and worm medication for wifes horse. Walked right past sandwich board sign advising of mandatory face covering. No one said a word, in fact, I was delighted to see maybe half a dozen folks naked faced....we are making headway!
I just avoid the known places where they are mandatory, and even then, places like Lowes don't do shit now, it's kind of easing up here in our town. Ive sworn never to set foot in Walmart again, I realize it won't hurt their bottom line if I don't patronize them, but it gives me satisfaction and thats all that counts.
Thier China flu mandates and removing any firearms related items, they don't need my money, I'll take it else where?

Posts: 1629 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2020 01:09 PM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
If people??? really think a silly mask will work they should ask an auto painter what worthless crap those masks are. That is what real resperators (sp.) are for.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 637 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2020 01:11 PM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
5:09pm and 89.8 with thunder poppers. Dog needs her Valium.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2020 01:41 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
1540 92* with T-cells building.
Spent most of the day at 9,000ft. Felt really nice other than the dust and the stupid people trying to do 60mph on a one lane dirt road across the ridge line.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2020 03:15 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever happened to the common courtesy of slowing down for approaching vehicles on dirt roads to reduce the dust ???
Seems people today don't got no upbringing.

[Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7583 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2020 06:30 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
It's all about me and you're in my area.
One vehicle seen us coming and stopped and waited the A-hole in the dodge behind him wanted to come around and just about rear ended the Honda Ridgeline. Then the last truck which was some big red SUV wasn't slowing down for anything and dusted us real good.

It was a real nice quiet morning into the heart of the "Frank".

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 07, 2020 03:59 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
In Arizona its a maximum speed of twenty five on any dirt road unless otherwise posted. I must be the only person to have read that rule. My wife and I refer to them as the president of the me first club. Then we swallow our dirt and git on down the road! With the people that inhabit the planet , checking out soon doesn't seem so bad. You know here let me get that door for you I may not be here tomorrow . Life just gets weirder and weirder ! what the hell happened to the kids our parents raised. My greatest success in life is knowing my children are truly good people !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 07, 2020 07:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I did not know about that 20 M.P.H. dirt road law? Maybe that only applies for locals, Kalifornia plates exempted? In fact, I've been told that especially when it's graded, and washboarded from all the speeding, that it's a unwritten rule you MUST drive 50 to smooth out the road!

ko ko, I don't know what year that "common courtesy" practice expired, but it must have been before my time, I roll up the friggin' windows as soon as I see somebody coming, regardless.

And, if there ain't, there otter be a rule about rutting up a friggin' road after a downpour. These assholes live to put'er in 4WLO so they can demonstrate their tank driving skills. I am an especially good and skilled driver on roads in bad condition under bad conditions, and it's because I hate to walk out, and AAA will not come and bail your/my ass out of that shit, so don't bother calling! If you ain't hunting anyway, you ain't got no friggin' business out there!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2020 01:45 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
45* this morning.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted August 08, 2020 05:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, well it's 84 degrees right here, right now in Beautiful North Upland, The City of Gracious Living.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2020 06:20 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Right here, right now, I hear gunshots & smell smoke.
No big deal ........... the guy down the road is doing some plinking & bbq-ing.

90* & cooling off with a few raindrops now and then.
And the sunset !!!!! Never gets old watching our sunrises & sunsets. [Cool]

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2020 05:01 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Arizona has some amazing sun rises and sunsets.
Have one picture that is total yellow from the sun setting on the low desert one winter. Have a sunrise that looks like a phoenix wing deep purple and violet colors out of Wickiup.
Says 57* right now. 0700.

--------------------

NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2020 12:29 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Got woke up this morning and it's 72.5 outside at 4:24 with thunder and clouds comming in quickly.
The creek will probably be rising and flooding the fruit orchard down below and the dog will probably get freaked out by the thunder.
You know I would think that sissy dog would be used to it by now. But, nope she gets all wierd and shakes like a leaf in a wind.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2020 05:25 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Walt;
I've had a bit of success with our Wonder Dog during the thunder-boomers. I've been breaking her Milk Bone treats in half & when I see the lightening flash I grab one. When the thunder hits I do the "Oh, good dog" and toss her a treat. Hasn't worked completely yet but she's starting to get the idea that thunder equals treat.

Five days since my cataract surgery and I can finally bend, lift and SHOOT MY BOW again. Yea !!!! [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters