The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » HEY! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: HEY!
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2020 09:54 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Quit sending up the heat! Yesterday was hot. Today is going to be merisable. Not liking it one bit.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
ATexan
Knows what it's all about
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2020 11:29 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol, it's 80 degrees here in Texas.. Went from 102 yesterday and now it's only 80 with a North wind blowing 10 mph. Loving it!
Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2020 01:16 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
One thermometer says 103 and the other one says 105.
105 one is north side of house under the eve.
103 is on north side of post chest high.
I bet the one at the airport will totally say different. It always read cooler than here at the house and I'm not a mile from the airport.

Airport says 97

[ July 31, 2020, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: earthwalker ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2020 02:51 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don’t know what it is here but it was 81 at 7 this morning. It’s gotta be at least 90 something?

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

Edit: okay, it’s 102 degrees right now!

[ July 31, 2020, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2020 05:07 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Bunch of sissies. It cools down to 102* here at night lately.

Hey Dustin !!!! How's Texas ???? Do you ever hear anything from Ariel ??? You guys dropped off of the face of the earth.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2020 07:03 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to think, one time I was down in the Chocolate Mountains which is a remote part of the southern California desert. Anyway, we were night hunting and it was HOT! I know it was 100 degrees well past midnight! But the interesting part is that I drank a gallon of ice water that night....and I hate water! I have always been in the habit of thoroughly washing milk jugs and filling them with tap water, then packing them in the cooler in leu of bags of ice cubes or even block ice, if you can find it. That way, as the ice melts, it's still uncontaminated like when those bags of ice start sloshing around in the cooler. Anyway, that was probably the first and only time I have ever drank a gallon of water anywhere, for any reason and I was amazed at myself because I truly do not drink water. My partner Pat used to call me, The Camel! Kind of funny because my dearly departed wife would never be caught without her glass of ice water. Every day, all day, always had that ice water!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS I think it's going to be another scorcher today?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2020 02:16 PM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
We've got October in August tonight. Supposed to drop to 63 degrees. Global warming is hitting us hard.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2020 04:19 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Record yesterday was 99.
So far it's said 97. Clouds moved in and cooled a tiny bit.
No AC in the house.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2020 03:52 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Down in the metro Phoenix area where my kids live it got to 118 now you know why I live in the north country ! hell it got to 100 up here at 5250 elevation! Oh!
Joe Biden is so close to picking a running mate he can almost smell her !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2020 05:00 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't that be a 'stumbling' mate ????

I've been told by the talking heads in the t.v. box that Biden is going to pick a black women. Seems to me that in doing so he's excluding qualified white folks on the basis of their race and gender. Doesn't that make HIM a racist with gender bias ??????? [Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2020 07:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
ko ko, I wonder if, in picking a black woman as his VP running mate, he is attempting to gain favor with the black population? Is it me, so shallow, that I would consider voting for the president of the United States according to his selection of a black female Vice Presidential running mate? Do black people think that way?

WOW! I'm voting for Sleepy Joe because he selected a black woman as his vice president!

On the other hand, as a Conservative; should I be particularly impressed by Trump's VICE PRESIDENT, what's his name? Mike Pence? Like, "THAT'S IT, I'M VOTING FOR MIKE PENCE!"

But, that, (apparently) is exactly the motivation in selecting a black woman, to cultivate the 12% of the population that is black, hoping that having a black female running mate, Joe Biden will win the black vote and the presidency!

Apparently, there is a lot of stupid reasons for voting for one candidate over another? It's not a simple question of Trump VS Biden?

Of all the ignorant reasons and qualifications for deciding to vote for one man or another man, does this election hinge on who is the Democrat Vice Presidential candidate and if she's BLACK? Voters are that stupid, and that shallow! It's all image. <sigh>

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: PS it's only going to be 93* today! I might need a sweater?

edit: oh! that reminds me of something! I don't even remember the year, maybe 20 years ago? We were going to a Club Med resort in Manzinello, (sp) Mexico with a change planes in Phoenix. Well, apparently the temperature that day was much hotter than usual? It was 123* at Sky Harbor and get this! this was a chartered America West 727 and there is a setting for the engines to adjust the fuel based on the exact temperature but the scale didn't go that high, so they had no takeoff settings. Flight canceled! They put us up in the Howard Johnson and gave us meal vouchers and said, come back tomorrow! Which we did and I don't remember the temperature but it was at least on the chart and we took off, losing one day of our 7 day vacation and they compensated each of us $300 in credit, at the resort. But, now think about this! On the flight down, maybe a thousand miles, I sat in the cockpit! there is a jump seat directly behind the pilot that I guess is used mostly for flight attendants? Anyway, it was quite an interesting flight. I had a knife that they wouldn't let me keep, but they gave it to the pilot and he gave it back after landing, actually, right on the beach! The people leaving were lined up just as we were lined up only we were entering the terminal and talk about a coincidence! as the two groups were actually passing, off the plane and boarding the plane, Nancy spotted my cousin in the line departing! Strangest thing that happened all day!

By the way, Club Med is a lot of fun, as this resort was for couples, not the hook up type of thing that you sometimes associate with Club Med. We certainly had a good time!

[ August 02, 2020, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2020 08:15 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've been told by the talking heads in the t.v. box that Biden is going to pick a black women. Seems to me that in doing so he's excluding qualified white folks on the basis of their race and gender. Doesn't that make HIM a racist with gender bias ??????? [Confused]
why YES, yes indeed it does. Just think if an executive of some large cooperation came out and stated these exact words, with the exception of replacing "black" with "white", why the poor basturd would be on the streets jobless by the weekend and his social media accounts would all have to be shut down do to all the hate mail, and he'd probably have to move to a new address for fear for his familiy's lives.

And to stay on topic, our heat wave finally broke a week ago. We are experiencing big time drought. Until a week ago I had less then a 1/2" of rain for the summer. Then we finally got rain, 3.8" in a 5 day period. Grass went from brown to a tent of green in just one week. Now temps are staying the 80's. I can handle that for late July and Aug.

[ August 02, 2020, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: TRnCO ]

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2020 12:11 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I can't wait until the next street fair to stroll by the democrat's booth and ask them how they 'splain that.

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2020 02:02 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
This site never ever stays on topic. [Big Grin]

Thermometer saying 101 out.
Real feel says 97.
I don't care it's just plain HOT!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2020 07:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This site never ever stays on topic. [Big Grin]
You mention that just in time 'cause I was going to give TR a time out for attempting to stay on topic!

All I know is the tips of my ears are burnt again! I think my hair's too short?

Good hunting. El Bee

[ August 02, 2020, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2020 03:33 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
A hot temp night. Cloudy so the heat stayed with us.
We've been dropping into the upper 50' of a night we're 62 at 0500.
Suppose to have a cold front coming through today.
High winds and cooling down to the low 90's. LOL

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2020 04:00 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
KoKo these are Democrats rules dont apply!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2020 04:34 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul; Well yeah but that don't mean that I can't enjoy fuking with their tiny little minds. The 'logic' they spew is amazing.

EarthGal; If it got down to 50* here, I think that I would build a fire in the woodstove and they would open the homeless shelters. [Smile]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted August 03, 2020 08:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
***THE UPLAND REPORT***

Welcome to The Upland report, sports fans!

I'll get right to the main nugget: Went to BassProShops yesterday.All I can say is, I guess they are attempting to roll with the regs coming out of Sacramento?

I did notice a sign as I entered about some kind of registering for either guns or ammo but, as I had Tillie with me, or I mean she was dragging me through the turnstile, I didn't give it a second glance. When I got upstairs, I noticed that all the isles were sort of barricaded as the approached the gun counter. I had to ask an employee what was with the crowd control? He said, well because of Cofuckingvid19, the factories and points of supply have dried up. Then I read a little sign in one of the "Ammo" aisles. It said: "Sorry, we are out of 9mm, 40S&W, 45ACP and anything else you might be looking for." Actually, it just had a list of about 10 common cartridges that they were totally out of stock! It was like the good old days at the grocery store and no toilet paper.

Anyway, the employee told me that if I wanted to even just look at the gun counter, I had to go back downstairs and register and get a orange band for my wrist. Then I could get in line over when the reloading supplies started. I found it a while later, there were 4 people sitting on folding chairs waiting to be called. The were only allowing 20 people per day to actually talk to one of the guys behind the counter. I never got close enough to see how many handguns were in the cases and I totally forgot to look at the long guns so I don't know if they were also stripped? It was exactly like the supermarket a couple months ago where you could only shop down the aisles and then turn around to get to the next one because every aisle was a friggin' dead end!

The only other thing of note, was the number of people that mistakenly thought that Tillie was a German Shorthair! I mean: WTF! But, she sure got a snootful of great smells walking the aisles! She loved it! Of course, she also love the people brave enough to try to pet her and she invariably jumps up on them, which a lot of people don't like even if it's a friendly jump up to poke them in the face. I have got to work on that little behavior quirk!

So, that's it. No sense in going to a BassProShop in California for the foreseeable future, unless you need some shirts or a patriotic ball cap.

Any questions?

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: I just remembered the one item of useful information I got from the employee. He asked me the purpose of my visit and I said; well, I wanted to buy a gun. So, he said, in that case, my best bet was to get online and visit their website and if I saw something I liked to order it on line. He lost me after than since part of my gun buying involves picking up and handling a gun, getting the feel of it. It's not like ordering toilet paper, there is something to be gained by fondling a gun and jerking off, etc. Just kidding! But, seriously; ordering and buying a firearm online is....well, it leaves something to be desired. Know what I mean? LB

[ August 03, 2020, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2020 08:26 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard of registering guns but now you Californians are registering CUSTOMERS ?????

How long do you think that it will be before Pelosi demands copies of those records ????

[Eek!]

--------------------

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2020 03:26 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Leonard & Kok',
Sounds like Leonard ought to to pull a Vic and build one. His project sounds fun, not to mention private!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2020 05:10 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Loco ............. Where ya been ???
We spread a rumor that you had been kidnapped by a traveling circus but didn't know if it was true or not.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2020 08:48 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
They used to keep the clown in chains and me in the old dangerous animal train car. I made friends with ol' Bo'. He was a kind ol' chap. Sometimes we (as was like to says) drinks a bit. He'd get all sad and go to talkin' about his dead dog, always thinkin' the circus folk done did it. One night while in New Orleans, ol' Bo' got escaped after we wuz all locked up. He went berzerko; found the missing knife for throwing at the girl tied the the rotating wheel. He killed the Ring Master and the monkeys and everyone wearing a mask. I watched it all through the bars on my trian car. He would kill one then jump so high. He would slash and slash at our captors and then lightly set down!! From behind the bars of my prison, I would shout, Please, Pleeeeease, Mr. Bojangles, Dance!!

And he spared me and the other critters and set us all free, them to the wild and me back home to my friends and family...

So that is why I am just now checking back in. What a long strange trip it's been....It's been such a very long time...

P.S. and to this day....I just can't wear a mask!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ATexan
Knows what it's all about
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2020 10:21 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey hey! Sorry fellas, I have been keeping my head down, trying to stay healthy and take care of my family. Texas is awesome! We have a ton of coyotes this year, and I have already been handing out dirt naps to these young pups running around.
I havent talked to Ariel in a while. Figure I might try to get back into the stafford area around the first of the year. I want to bring a guy I have been hunting with for a few years now down to southern Arizona for a few days. I will post the dates up when I get a solid idea of when we will get down there, and if anyone wants to join we will be camped out where we met up a few years ago.
Everyone stay safe, weapons clean and ammo ready. It seems dark days are apron us- Tex

Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2020 10:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't wear a mask? Be prepared to be pummeled by the conformist assholes!

Actually, the subject comes up often enough; what would the L.E. do if expected to enforce certain rules and regulations?

They can make things into lawful orders but that doesn't always make them right.

Take one of my pet peeves. They have a big hurricane
down in New Orleans; And, the HNIC (Mayor) thinks they must disarm the population. The Po Po is always very gung ho when they get to confiscate weapons and if you resist; yelling something about your Constitutional Second Amendment Rights, NOW YOU ARE REALLY GOING TO GET BEAT UP!

Police think like this....Well, it's an order, and I obey orders! A cop doesn't normally think in terms of, I like this law and will enforce it, and I don't like this other law, and will ignore a violation when I see it. So, especially since police are kind of paranoid about just about any type of firearm, it's always best to error on the side of: toss this man's valuable firearms in the trunk and then toss them in a locker at the station after they pick them up off the floor where they were tossed out of the patrol cars trunk. If you ever see them again, they won't know how your well cared for and valuable, precision firearms got all dented and scratched up? And they won't seem very concerned about it, either. Like I say, it's sort of a pet peeve of mine because I saw it happen. There are some orders and directives that they enforce with vigor and any time they get a chance to take a gun away from a citizen, you can just tell that they are enjoying it!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters