The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Seems like everything is pissing me off lately!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Seems like everything is pissing me off lately!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted July 24, 2020 06:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, where to start? I was getting email from Wells Fargo, telling me to activate my new card! What new card? The one I have isn't even 2 months old.
What concerned me was that they said I MUST activate my new card and for my protection, they have canceled my old card. So, because I was leaving for a dental appointment in less than an hour and I wanted to use their card to pay for a new crown, I thought I had better check because I didn't want to be turned down at the dental office.

It was a cluster fuck from the word go! I could not even ascertain what card they were talking about and they weren't about to tell me, either. The only thing I found out was the card was sent July 10. Well, I thought I had activated this card and it was new but not that new. They weren't able or didn't want to tell me the three digit code on the back.

So, eventually they informed me, (after jerking me around for 15 minutes) that my current card had been deactivated for my protection. I figured out that either, one was in the mail, or it was lost in the mail? No help whatsoever, they claimed they could not reactivate my card. So, I used a different card at the dentist.

When I get home, I just missed a call from Well Fargo, and looked at my email and there was something from Wells Fargo (GET THIS!) telling me that my card had been deactivated at my request! So, of course, I called and asked WTF? After the usual rigamarole, Address, SS# and mother's maiden name, I said that I was displeased by the non service I received at CUSTOMER SERVICE! So, allowing the guy to get in a word edgewise, he said he just reactivated my card! I said why couldn't they do that two hours earlier....no answer, but now that I don't need it for my transaction, it's ready to go! GEE THANKS! Oh, and be sure and call them if I don't get that new card in the next couple days.

So, I went to a drive through chicken place and they got my order wrong, of course! In the meantime, would I mind wearing a facemask? This is at the drive through window. So, I just put it in gear and left without my chicken sandwich.

Then, I went to Wendy's and ordered a Dave's Combo. I gave her my Chase Freedom card and they said it was declined! WTF? Got home and called and they said I had a zero balance and the account was closed! So, I called and after being jacked around, they said the account was closed due to no activity! They also said that they sent a letter telling me it was closed, but I never got it. Seems simple, reinstate the card! Nope, can't be done! Not believing her, I drove to the bank and they said, yeah, we can't help you, come back in the morning, all the bankers have gone home. But she did tell me that a deactivated card cannot be reactivated! Dejavu all over again, just like Wells Fargo! Apparently, I must reapply for a new card, and what the hell happened to my points and dollars and all that shit? Don't know but I have to come in a apply for a new card!

Here's what I think, the banks are getting fleeced by people out of work and they are tightening the screws. I haven't missed anything so there is no reason to treat me like I'm a bum.

I had some trouble with US Bank last month, same kind of bureactic bullshit. I may have mentioned it already and it is a hard to get Black Card, no less. Yes, I think credit card companies are in a bind and they are tightening credit for anyone who ain't black. Don't tell me they don't know your race, I bet they do, somehow?

I'll try to calm down. Excuse the rant.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31266 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2020 03:06 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Martin Luther Bosinski ? My wife takes all of those types of transactions I usually end up throwing shit ! I phones aint cheap! i feel your frustration Leonard , Ignorant I can deal with I have trouble with stupid !

[ July 25, 2020, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted July 25, 2020 05:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Martin Luther is going down there this morning and will demand to speak to the manager. Wonder if that will work? I want to know why they would cancel my card because I haven't used it much? I don't need the damned thing but it's like a security blanket, I have 13 cards in my wallet....for some reason? Things can happen and I like options. Like, what happened to my "points"? Wasn't a lot, but maybe they will squirm when I mention it, probably play dumb?

I'll keep y'all informed!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2020 09:25 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Probably won't work............ Today's Saturday.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7481 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2020 03:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I arrived at 10:05 and they were already booked up solid! Asked if I had an appointment? I wish the bitch I talked to last night right at closing time had mentioned appointments!

Anyway, to continue the SAGA, there I was whining at the "greeter" and he finally squeezed me in with a banker; but I sure earned it!

I told her my whole story, embarrassed at the dentist, first with a dead Wells Fargo card and then with my "Unlimited Freedom Card" from Chase, only this card had been canceled since May, and I (LITERALLY) didn't get the fucking memo!

Well, this chick assured me that I couldn't just reapply for that particular card. Why not, I asked? Well, because I already had one and no, you can't have it again....but let's look at the various cards we do have to offer. You wouldn't believe the crap, I bet I signed my name electronically at least 4 times? So, after all that application questionnaire, guess what, it did actually qualify me for the same card, regardless of what I had been told by 3 different people including the one taking my application. If I spend $500 in the next 3 months, I get a $200 bonus.

So after 45 minutes, she told me the system was down and I have to come back on Monday and start over. WTF? I said why not just push a friggin' button on Monday and hit "send". Nope, can't be done, you have to start over and you should get an appointment. Which I did: 11:00 Monday morning, same chick, Indian, BTW. (from India)

When I got home, I had an email from Wells Fargo telling me that the card that was supposedly dead and couldn't be reactivated, was turned on, as I requested. You really cannot trust the first answer that you get from these people! But until they change it, they will defend it to the death!

I still think it's because everybody is behind on their mortgage and their credit card and their alimony. The banks must really be taking it in the shorts?

Oh, and I still didn't get an answer on what happened to my bonus points when they canceled my card for inactivity. I swear, I never heard that one before. I have several cards that I never use, I hate to think that they might expire just when I decide to use them. I might have to rotate cards, stack them and use them in order just to make sure they remain current. Yeah, I'm pissed about all of it, but I will damned sure spend $500 just to get that $200 bonus! I will have earned it!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS hey ko ko, are AZ banks closed on Saturday? (not here, they ain't)

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2020 03:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gonna grill a T bone! I have never before seen T Bones at Costco? Looked good though, and reasonable, I thought? A baked potato and maybe some canned corn dripping in butter. Should mellow me out 'til Monday.

I'm watching the Dodgers get their ass beat 5-4 bottom of the 9th, one more out. OK that's it, they lost!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Knows what it's all about
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2020 05:45 PM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
Ain't life a bitch at times. But the alternative is worse. I'll take being a grumpy old carmudgen than a nice sounding PC sheep.
Hope your steak tastes good. But canned? corn.Even frozen corn is one step above canned..

--------------------
Idiocracy. Started as a comedy and is now a documentary about the U.S.

Posts: 621 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2020 07:10 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Drive thru might be open.......... pretty sure the lobbies are closed on Sat. & Sun.
Don't need an appointment but they're only letting one customer at a time inside. Mask required. Thank you China.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7481 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2020 08:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of people inside, ko ko. I didn’t see anybody keeping anybody out that wanted in? I saw them in line to see a teller and there was a lot of business going on in the cubicles. At least 10 plus about 4 offices, all busy.

Good hunting El Bee 🐝

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2020 04:51 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
These must be interesting times for the banks.
The money crowd leaving the state and the cardboard sign crowd staying. All Trump's fault, of course. Not to worry though, once Joey B is elected and Pelosi's in charge a tax increase will fix everything.

[Razz]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2020 06:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
ko ko, there has to be something seriously wrong inside the heads of Liberals! The tune I pay attention to, from politicians, is "no more new taxes, read my lips!" Who wants to pay more for anything, sales tax, income tax, value added tax, any damned tax!

But, Democrats sweet talk us by vowing to raise taxes! WTF? And, they expect people to jump on the band wagon? Oh boy, let's vote for this man, he's going to raise taxes....on the other guy! It just does not compute? Vote for me, I'm going to raise taxes!

Liberalism is a fucking MENTAL ILLNESS!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: it just dawned on me! Where do I fit in? I'm not the money crowd and I'm not lettering cardboard signs and so far I'm not leaving the state. And, shame on me for that, BTW!

edit: my next door neighbor actually is leaving the state. August 1, they are leaving for Florida, already sold this house and already bought a Florida house. I am envious!

[ July 26, 2020, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2020 08:03 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Politics 101; If you rob Peter to pay Paul you will always have Paul's vote.

Edit to add; Then, if you can make Peter feel guilty about the 'advantages' he has over Paul you'll pull in a bunch of Peter's votes.

If Pogo were alive today I believe he would say "We'ez Fuked".

[ July 26, 2020, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2020 10:05 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't make Peter sore you cant do shit with a sore Peter!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2020 10:34 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Now that's funny right there [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2020 01:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The Innuendo Twins strike again!

I'm still butt hurt about that "canned" corn. The way I do it up, it's like roasted in butter and I did eat all of it, enjoyed it a lot more than the baked potato.... actually.

Neighbors are set up again but the turnout has not been what it was yesterday. They have a 3 1/2 car driveway in front and it is full of their junk, so setting it out and putting it away every day for 4 straight weeks is a lot of trouble. I can't even begin to guess how much they have made, total but damn, at this point they have really earned it. Myself, I think I would have ordered the dumpster and spent the last 4 weeks sipping Margaritas around the pool. I don't know what they got out of the house, since we aren't talking ever since they filed that complaint with the city about Pinky, (my bird) being loud. The only thing I know is the buyers have small children and we don't have a whole lot of kids in the neighborhood. I gotta get the fuck out, myself!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: oh yeah, sore peter; funny stuff!

[ July 26, 2020, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2020 06:43 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Did someone say Yard Sale ???
I go to a lot of them and the local swap meet. Cheap entertainment and find some cool deals once in a while. Some people are set up to clear out their unwanted stuff and then there are those who think that they're dealing in rare art and collectables. If your neighbors are set up four weeks in a row they're either charging way too much or just bringing out one room at a time.
If they leave their treasures out overnight and you have some junk you want to get rid of, sneak it over in the dark and see how long it takes them to figure it out.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted July 27, 2020 11:08 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Never given it much thought before, but I must be a dinosaur, I have a debit card, but Ive never had a credit card?
Day to day purchases I generally use cash, online purchases a debit card. Only problem Ive had with debit card is when I go back and forth between Arizona and Florida, invariably BofA will freeze the card due to "suspicious" activity. Evidently use at gas stations across this land causes a concern?

Posts: 1589 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 27, 2020 12:19 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Same thing with my credit card. Same week in May every year. Tournament in Calif. Gas in Safford, Quartsite & Los Angles. A case of wine at Bev-Mo and my card in locked when I go to top off the tank to go home. Have to phone in and jump thru all of the hoops to get it turned back on.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 27, 2020 12:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed this morning that they didn't put all of it away, they have a three car garage, plenty of room to store stuff between weekends. I also noticed that the '56 T Bird, (maybe '55?) is gone from the garage, so they must have sold that when I wasn't looking? It was one of those removable hard top convertibles with the port hole. At least I think it's removable? I only saw them drive it once.

Anyway, some of the left over stuff is pushed up against the garage doors, whether that means, free stuff, come and get it, I don't know?

I don't know if they are charging too much or not and I didn't ask. Whether it was the same stuff every weekend, I can't say about that, either.

For Dinosaur: Yee Gads! No fucking credit card? I have never heard of such a thing! Now remember, I'm no finance wizard, but I have been told that there are definite advantages to a credit card over a Debit card. Now, if you want to get cash from an ATM, there is no transaction fee with the Debit Card, but there might be with a credit card.

Other than that, all the advantage and protections favor credit cards over a debit card. Personally, I don't see much reason for carrying a debit card but have 4; 2 of which I don't bother keeping in my wallet. I can't keep it straight, but some places won't take a debit card and others, like ARCO stations, they only take debit cards, no credit cards.

And, lastly. Seems to me that you need a credit card to rent a car? I don't know if they honor a debit card the same way? I have a girl friend that is the same as Vic, all she has ever used is a Debit Card and is convinced it's the way to go, in spite of my frequent opinions to the contrary. Here's what I think. With the Debit, they take the money out of your checking account, right now. But, with a credit card, you get to use the bank's money free for a month, then settle. I never carry a balance, those insane interest rates are ridiculous! Some cards "brag" about 15.9% being low, and I have heard that some charge 25%? My VISA card from AAA is 7.9% and they say those kind of cards aren't issued any more, but this is the one I reach for when I'm charging like twenty thousand dollars and might take a few months to pay it off. Otherwise, if you pay the balance every month, like I do, it doesn't matter what the interest rate is.

DISCOVER is the card that wants to freeze me at gas stations when I'm traveling. Very annoying!

That's about all the high finance info I have to offer and I know, it ain't much.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2020 04:50 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what pisses me off daily??
Friggin' internet passwords!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2020 04:55 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what pisses me off daily??
Friggin' internet passwords!!
Every app on my phone, bookkeeping, estimating programs, facebook, different google emails, credit cards apps. etc.

Constantly have to sign-in and not knowing the passwords is driving me nuts!! We did start a notebook to keep track of them all, it is helping. But it seems everytime I forget a password, I have to create a new one I'll never remember!! Grrrrr LOL

[ August 05, 2020, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2020 05:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy don’t get me started on passwords!

Apple is the worst! They jack you around when you don’t have the time! They never like my choices! It’s always too easy, too much like my last one, doesn’t have a small letter, numbers are too repetitive, it’s always something! I get so damned frustrated I could throw things!

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters