The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » DOG WARS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DOG WARS
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted July 14, 2020 03:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Me and Tillie go to the dog park occasionally. Some of you lucky enough to live in the country where you and your companion can roam all over won't appreciate what it's like for a dog to have a place where she can run free, within the confines of a chain link fence.

But anyway, turns out there can be a little politics, a little bullying and some blind eye for certain little darlings.

Yesterday, this big guy dragged Tillie back to me as I was sitting on a picnic table. He said: This your dog? I said yes. He said she was causing trouble over there, had bit another dog.

I said; "I don't believe it. She's not aggressive." He said, well, I saw it! And I said; Yeah, she doesn't cause trouble at all, she's just a puppy. But, she will defend herself.

So, he told me to come over to the next picnic table and see what my do was doing. And I did. What I saw was two or three dogs, two males and a female that were pestering her constantly, getting up and trying to ride her, just bothering her in general and she had to keep on the move. She handled it ok, like I say, she's definitely not aggressive but she don't put up with shit, either.

That's always how it is, nobody sees the first move, but they will turn and notice the retaliation and there it is, case closed. Well, she's in danger of being permanently banned if "it" happens again. What a crock!

And, you know, it's the only dog park within about 20 miles, as I understand because I talked to a woman who brings her dog from Highland, which is at least 20 miles, on the other side of San Bernardino.

There aren't any hounds here is suburbia, unless you include a couple Beagles, It's all designer breeds and mutts and Tillie does stand out, they notice her and are puzzled, can't quite figure out what she is?

So, I found out that my daughter's dog was banned, up in Hot tub country, I'd never heard before. She said there are structured politics in dog parks! Who knew?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31492 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2020 03:05 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I knew your dog was a troublemaker!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted July 15, 2020 06:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT? You better smile when you say that, Amigo!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2020 06:46 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
El Bee;
Get a TRUMP t-shirt and put it on your dog.
Then get video of the other dogs harassing your dog.
Threaten to post the video.
What kind of biased park are they running, etc.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7589 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2020 10:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Good idea.

She sort of free ranges all over the place. Some dogs keep close and don't wander far from their owner. Not Tillie. She hardly knows where I am but does make the rounds, spending as much time with the humans as the canines. That's when some horny German Shepard isn't on her ass constantly. She (apparently) has a very cute butt?

She has not ever worn any garments, I guess there are dog tee shirts out there, might look into it, especially in our sort of infrequent walks around the neighborhood. There is a very nice looking Candy Apple Red Tesla that parks right around the corner, just one of the various discoveries as she drags me around the block and sometimes even further. If there is a Trump Tee shirt I'd love to have it by the weekend because my granddaughter Peyton is coming to spend the night and visit with me and Tillie. I'm sure she would love to be dragged
by Tillie wearing a Trump Tee shirt. Peyton is the only relative of any kind even reasonably close to me in Long Beach where she works with some kind of handicapped or kids with problems. She is a state of California employee. She just earned her Masters in some behavior studies, I'm not really sure exactly, but grandpa is very proud of her. Next closest relative is her mom, Shelley who is 450 miles away in Marin. If it weren't for Peyton visiting once in a while, it would be pretty lonely around here.

So, now I heard the restaurants are closing again. That's too bad, maybe we can get "Take Out"? Tillie got spaghetti and pork chops last night and loved it. She doesn't chew on pork chop bones, she eats them.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2020 12:40 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Just get a medium sized t-shirt and do the bachelor hem. (Stapler)

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7589 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2020 01:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Tillie making the rounds in a TRUMP 2020 tee shirt would piss off a few people! It might get us both kicked out. Especially since I was just about the only one with my mask tucked in my shirt pocket. "oh gee, I forgot!"

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2020 01:55 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter said I should get a Trumpy Bear to ride on her back and rope it on her. That would be worse than a MAGA hat.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters