The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Last train to Clarksville ! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Last train to Clarksville !
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2020 04:28 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Last Chemo session today she'll be sick for about a week and then on to better things.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2020 04:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! That's great news, please congratulate her for me!

For me today. I'm still suffering from a severe toothache under a bridge. I had a root canal two days ago and am still on meds for pain. I went to EMERGENCY and when they learned the stuff I had on hand, she just advised me to double up on what I have been taking. Well, that plus amoxicillin.

I was under the mistaken impression that after removing the infection, I would experience immediate relief. This is definitely not the case! After being doped up around 11 last night, my aching jaw woke me up at 4:45 and so I have been surfing the web waiting for this stuff to kick in....and it's just starting to feel better.

Well, sorry for hijacking your post, Paul. Best of luck with the Missus.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2020 05:50 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Its okay I'm a dope got the days mixed up its tomorrow ! Nothing worse than a toothache ! Usually once the infection is gone the pain subsides Get better soon !

[ July 08, 2020, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2020 08:15 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yea Paul & Mrs. Paul !!!!!!

El Bee; Have you tried gargling with the miracle drug EverClear ?????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2020 02:42 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulation. Hope today is smooth and easy.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2020 11:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I am still suffering but I think it's a little better? Who can tell if it's substantially less painful being kneecapped with a 40 S&W instead of 45ACP? Theoretically, the pain is a little less.

I'll say this much, I guess I never had a toothache before if this is what they are talking about? Yes I have had a cavity, here and there, and the associated pain.

BUT, THIS IS THE BIG LEAGUES, FOLKS!

I'm keeping a log of the medications I've been taking for almost the past two weeks. Just incase I OD, they will find my documentation and figure out why I did it and it was intentional!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: Everclear? I hope I never get that desperate? Right after blowing my brains out with a 165 gr. 40S&W, and it doesn't relieve my symptoms, I will try Everclear....okay?

edit: I should mention, this tooth had THREE ROOTS each to be canalled.

[ July 09, 2020, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2020 03:39 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Pain hurts .............
Try three parts EverClear, one part dry Vermouth and a couple of olives stirred not shaken. (Screw James Bond).
Pain go away. Brain functions go away, too.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2020 08:34 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, as they say, back in the day. We could go to just about any bar in downtown Augusta and buy a half pint of moonshine in a rinsed out previously used bottle of some well known brand like Seagrams 7, and curiously enough, it cost at least as much as something like Canadian Club, the difference being that a half pint of moonshine would get 3 soldiers shitfaced drunk but Canadian Club wouldn’t manage much more than a buzz for the same three PFC’s.
It wasn’t hard to get and a lot of guys preferred it to legit booze.

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

[ July 09, 2020, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2020 09:51 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
So ............... How is Mrs. Paul doing ???
Thinking good thoughts from down this way !!!!

--------------------

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2020 04:28 PM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
That is good and wonderful news. Hope she does well and lives a long prosperous life with you.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2020 01:54 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday we went Prescott and had her port removed , Friday the Dr. called tele visit he had nothing but good news scans and blood work perfect I'm sure he was a little disappointed as his car payment a country club dues are on the same day this month! We bought a bottle of Hornitos on the way home she likes tequila. My son jokes tequila is where babies come from. we are all better and on to new stuff,

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2020 04:06 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hot Damn that's good news indeed !!!!!
That must be like Xmas, a surprise birthday party and Trump 2016 all rolled into one.

Now, ya still got a little over a week of deer season (archery) left. Go sit on a stump somewhere.

[Smile]

--------------------

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2020 07:20 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to hear good news Paul. I'm well aware of the anxieties and stress cancer can visit upon a family, wish your bride well for us. Now you can shift tour mind to other things of useless manly fancy.
Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2020 03:31 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Good for both of you, The stress level must be way down now.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted August 30, 2020 07:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Let me add my congratulations! Good to know your lady is doing so well, or as well as can be expected. About time you had some good news!

I was just thinking about the Big C. I know that Victor and Dorothee had the breast cancer, and beat it, some time ago. Very fortunate! My Nancy died of stage IV lung cancer. But, at least for her, it was quick, no treatment, no disappointments, no endless nausea and suffering.

Hard to believe she's been gone 14 years now. Best friend I ever had, for 46 years. She sure put up with a lot! From me. I went on a lot of out of state trips, even other countries! Spent a lot of money; too much, in fact. I could have bought another house with the money I spend indulging myself.

She would get lonely, of course, but complained very little. Literally, one in a million! I miss her every day!

End of guilt trip, I guess?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2020 06:59 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to hear the news Paul.

I hear ya LB coming up on 29 years of marriage.
Sure had our ups and downs ?

Paul, can't give ya any likes or whatever on FB.

Got banned [Frown]

Whatever who gives a shit.

What's important is our health & friends & family.

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2020 08:21 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dave. I just heard that Trump catches shit for believing in Qannon. You too?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2020 10:03 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard i don't knw how you do it cant imagine life without Suzanne!

--------------------

Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2020 06:27 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on the good news! I'm glad to hear something positive for a change when it comes to the Big C.

[ August 31, 2020, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: Semp ]

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2020 09:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, Victor, Dave, everybody. Treasure your mate. If, God forbid, you lose her, you can't even imagine what it will be like, alone.

I had to learn how to do the bills, how to balance a checkbook, how to use the washing machine, how to fold clothes! It was amazing how sheltered I was from simple domestic stuff while my only focus was work and play.

But, learning what your partner did to hold up her half of the bargain was necessary. It was my daughter that had to coach me about things I previously thought were done automatically. It sure didn't prepare me for the loneliness, suddenly being deprived of the sharing of life. There were many things, every day things that didn't seem very important anymore without sharing and learning from her perspective. Like keeping up with what the kids were doing and what her group of friends were planning.

Well, my parents were married 50 years and I knew before the ceremony, that I was only going to get married once, no matter what. That's commitment, and I was only nineteen at the time. Here I am, I'll be 78 in a couple weeks and in many ways things are kind of bleak....at least I have Tillie and Pinky to talk to. And watering the lawn, and this blogging stuff. <sigh> But, I'm not overly depressed, it could be better, at least I'm not in debt.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2020 11:17 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Nah' I don't catch any flack, actually have a WWG1WGA sticker on my back window. I'm adding a Q decal tonight.

Fakebook banned me because if it though.

Several here @ work are onboard as are many of our customers.

Knows what it's all about
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2020 08:35 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
WWG1WGA

Ok I'll bite.Wat dat is?

Posts: 191 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2020 08:59 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Where We Go One, We Go All.

Not sure but I think that it might be an old navy slogan. Possibly British ......... or from Blackbeard.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2020 09:27 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.starshipearththebigpicture.com/2019/01/07/jfks-boat-bell-inscribed-with-where-we-go-one-we-go-all-video/
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2020 09:39 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Leonard for sharing!! I am one of those that married way up!! My chick is precious to me. We just celebrated our 27th. It sure doesn't seem like 14 years ago you lost Nancy from here either!!

I can remember the old folks complaining about how the years fly by and it never seemed to phase me. But since I've had children, decades have flown by!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters