The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » New Neighbors Visit The Camp

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Neighbors Visit The Camp
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2020 03:55 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of new neighbors moved in to the camp property and paid a visit. The picture was taken right next to the camp itself.

-

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted June 25, 2020 05:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
We won't tell your Governor....for a price.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31492 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2020 04:35 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Great pic !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2020 06:07 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Twins no less....good stuff! We have had a family of red fox in our back woods area, they come right up to back door where momma throws scraps for the coons and possums, to pick thru it , two very playful kits and the momma just sits while they rough house. Got some good pics, just don't know how to post them online any more!
Posts: 1633 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2020 06:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I commiserate Victor! It seems that photo hosting websites do not exist any more?

On the other hand how did we get the above photos? I don't have to remind everybody that I'm totally ignorant about Internet and websites and computer bullshit. (and I don't want to know, either)

Anyway, I'm not paying Photobucket X dollars a month to post an occasional picture on this site and I sure as hell have no reason to post photos on any other site, for that matter. So, what do we do for hero shots, etc? Somebody?

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: I peeked at the above photo. What the hell is IMGUR?

edit: about the twins. One member, who is responsible for several thousand sheep in northern Nevada told me something of which I was unaware: that sheep always have twins! Seems like I hear that about Pronghorns also? They say that Pronghorns are a branch of evolution with zero relatives, somewhere between antelope and sheep and goats? So that sorta makes sense. If true?

edit: also, I had a little drama here, not long ago. First I noticed that every time I exited or entered th front door, a bird flew from a tree fern nailed to the side of the house. Eventually, I noticed a mourning dove sitting on a nest. So I avoided using the front door but after a while noticed several heads and now, as of last week, they are gone, so I assume everything was successful? Ain't nature grand?

[ June 26, 2020, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2020 06:46 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
'possums in Arizona ????? [Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7589 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2020 06:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't be stirring the poop, ko ko! Everybody knows that Vic has claimed for 25 years that there are no opossums in the state of Arizona. And, that claim is mistaken. Just because you haven't seen that spaceship anchored over Phoenix does not mean it isn't there. Why wouldn't possums be allowed in AZ? Some ordinance?

But, the main thing is: Mr Carlson has not changed his "sig. line" to reflect the fact that he moved his ass to Florida several years ago; it still looks like he's 5 miles from Tim, in McNeal. What can I do? You buy them books and send them to school, and....

[ June 26, 2020, 06:57 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2020 10:47 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hairy Armadillos, perhaps ???

There's a gag up in Western Washington; "Why did the chicken cross the road ?? Answer; To prove to the 'possum that it could be done."
Road smart these critters ain't.

And yes, I have seen the 'Mystery Lights' over Phoenix from out in the desert.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7589 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2020 11:49 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
In many cases, twins indicate a void to be filled as far as available resources. As much hell as moose populations have been catching, it would seem they are trying to mount a comeback. When our KS whitetail numbers are down, triplets aren't at all uncommon. Twins are the rule, and a single shows the coyotes have been busy.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2020 04:33 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard said
quote:
We won't tell your Governor....for a price.

Leonard, no one can tell governor wHitler anything. She's a democRAT after all. She sets the rules for the common people, but the rules don't apply to her or her family and friends. She's an arrogant bitch. Plain and simple.

I use Imgur for picture hosting after Photobucket pulled their pay stunt. It seems okay so far. The link to the webpage is below.

https://imgur.com/

I get LOTS of moose pictures every year, including big bulls and cows with calves. I have a pond at camp and I was lucky enough to watch a cow with two calves eating and resting in the pond for about 6 hours.

-

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters