The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Wow, heredity thoughts!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wow, heredity thoughts!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2020 05:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched an interview with the Governor of Oklahoma, Kevin Stitt. I thought it was very interesting, since my mother's maiden name is Stitt....(not spit, as she always used to say)

Anyway, i did notice a pretty strong resemblance to my grandfather, who's name was Robert Stitt. He looks like him, for sure. Maybe I'm related to the Gov? I have no idea how to check it out.

Oh well!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31466 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2020 07:31 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Unusual enough name that I bet you are someplace down the line.

My mom's maiden name was Obermeyer. When a lot of germans were Americanizing their names during WWI and II, mine chose to keep it. Talking with a guy one day whose name was Overmiller and we both agreed that we are likely related somewhere down the line because his family chose to change.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters