The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Time out

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Time out
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2020 07:29 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Much needed on my part. Took time out from everything today.

My neighbor across the street invited me this afternoon to go help check cows and fence on his newly leased 300 acres about 10-11 miles SE of town.

We did that & sat on the tailgate and had a few cold ones. My dog Sadie was in heaven. She does her damn best to be a good cow dog. Sometimes though when the calf breaks away from mama, she runs it the wrong way..

BTW they were only headed for water..LOL

I needed a time out big time. Spending some time in the sage. Prairie hills can do that.

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2020 05:18 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
You really cant have a better day than that !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2020 06:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but what about Q?

But, this reminds me, I need to take Tillie out in the boonies. She hasn't seen any wilderness at all.

But! But! She finally caught a lizard yesterday! Of course, I helped and then I made her drop it. Oh, it was the day before yesterday because I saw the same lizard waddling up the wall, without a tail, yesterday. She's so stupid chasing lizards! She keeps going back to where they were. And, it's impossible to get her to look where you want her to look! She will look in 361 directions instead of the lizard right in front of her; but it ain't moving.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS another thing! She has not seen a cat, so far. But she argues with Pinky with the glass between them. This pup has a lot to learn!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31487 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2020 11:05 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll get back to you on Q~

I need a time out. Put a shovel to a snake out there yesterday. Found that relaxing ?

Farm equipment just left an old Deere tractor a five bottom plow and a land plane. Oh a ole Hesston swather. It's like somebody pulled the plug & that was it ?

It rained hard last night & this morning. We hoped for that, means the cows can stay out there longer.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2020 02:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, what is your shovel technique? Overhead and slammed down with the back side? Or a thrust with the pointy edge? There might be several other ways, I guess?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2020 08:17 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
A thrust with pointy edge is preferred on a stretched out snake. If curled up I shoot them.

When hunting I generally leave them alone.

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2020 01:54 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
BTW killed three here @ the house already this spring.I have one living under my old milk barn. I caught him sunning after the rain today.

Couldn't grab the shovel quick enough.

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2020 04:11 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
We ran into a rattlesnake the other day while out riding around. Dog was on the back of the UTV and didn't want him jumping out to find what ever when the pistol came out. The snake got away. About 3-4 miles away from the house as the crow flies.
Was always told rattlesnake wouldn't be at 5,000 feet or above we were at least 6,000 feet up. That's a nice wives tail.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2020 06:28 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm at 5250' we have plenty !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2020 06:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I can second that! Apparently snakes can’t read because I’ve seen quite a few at higher elevations. But, to tell the truth, I never heard the 5,000 foot theory?

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2020 11:26 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it had to do with an area where my mom grew up in at 5500 foot level never seen a snake there. But go over the summit and start dropping into the South Fork of the Salmon River and there was plenty of rattlers there.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2020 12:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's like anything else, go where the food is or the shelter, or pick another motivation.

I know a place where it's hot and sandy and everywhere you walk, there's a danger of falling into a ground squirrel burrow. You see a few, but the snakes don't seem to be around.

But, I hunt that place at night, and not only are the coyotes and badgers poking around, but when I kill one, and walk out there, the fat snakes are pretty docile, but it's easy to step on one if you're not careful. But again, poking around in the heat of the day and it's like the back side of the moon, no sign of life at all. Sometimes, I think it's even worse than the middle of a big ground squirrel town is great looking quail habitat. Be extra careful around that water source!

Another thing seems to me, that rattlesnakes like rocks and boulders. One thing that unnerved me in Georgia, where they have Timber rattlers as thick as you leg. There have extensive tall pines and an undergrowth of ferns and ivy to the point where you cant see where you are walking and suddenly you see a damned good reason for those stupid $400 snake boots. When you step on one there's enough of him to jump up and bite you in the throat, even if you have him pinned in the middle. I'm not kidding, you just don't feel like going for a stroll under those Georgia pines, if you have any sense at all.

You know how you don't have to worry about snakes when the temperature ain't right? Too cold and no worries, and high noon, they be crawled under a rock someplace. But, beware when it's kind of nice out, cool morning or late afternoon. Snakes like fair weather; watch your step....unless you're over 5,000 ft. elevation.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2020 01:19 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
No need to watch for rattlesnakes over 5000' .... Check.
BTW; Rattlesnakes can't swim none, neither .... Check.
Oh, and they always rattle before striking....Check.

[Razz]

[ June 14, 2020, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7587 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2020 03:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah? where are you getting your Bluechip information; that Bare Grillus dude? The one that does backflips out of helicopters to impress the girls? The one that drinks the moisture from football sized elephant turds, to impress the girls?

Yeah, that's where I too, get all my survival advice! The man is a total fund of knowledge! You even look a little like him!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2020 05:19 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
He must have gotten a whole bunch more handsome if I look a little bit like him.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7587 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2020 05:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Gag me with a spoon!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2020 04:29 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
On this note: managed to sneak out of work a bit' early. Got home and the wife wanted finger steaks.

The best ones around here are down @ the bar in town.

Pop-(1400) I parked and noticed my neighbors pickup parked there. Keys in the ignition of course. I left mine in the ignition also.

I rarely take mine out except @ Walmart which is a rare occasion anymore. (EDIT) for me to go to that shithole.

Walked in and had a beer with my neighbor and our city Mayor.

No masks. Real time babies !!

I'm much concerned about nationwide activities. I'm thank full for the small town I live near.

There is hope & there are real people still out there !!

[ July 03, 2020, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2020 07:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
But, Q?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2020 10:56 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure you want hear about Q~ ?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2020 01:58 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Just what you can share, nothing secretly

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2020 09:00 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/general-michael-flynn-and-friends-show-their-support-for-qanon-movement-on-independence-day/
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2020 10:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty sensational revelation you got there, Davey Boy! If I could only separate the pepper from the fly shit, code wise. Thank you for the illumination.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters