The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Damage Control by the New York Times (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Damage Control by the New York Times
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2020 03:27 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
What's wrong with kangaroo meat? Jack in the box is owned by Ralston Purina Not sure what's in their little tacos might be dog chow but it sure tastes good!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 14, 2020 05:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean; "Back in the day"!

I'm just imagining TACO TUESDAY....blended creamy! Yum!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31472 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2020 03:55 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Roflmao!

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2020 06:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
And yet, I imagine, this isn't very funny. Food is a primary source of pleasure, right next to that other one I can't think of right now?

Good hunting El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2020 03:54 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Basil Hayden's is the shit ! The Mc Rib cow anus !
I'm sure its good just never had one . all parts are edible or none are I prefer rib eye !

[ May 16, 2020, 03:56 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2020 10:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Rib eye is a superb steak. An establishment such as Ruth's Chris can make you think a New York cut is as mouth watering perfection and you won't miss that rib eye or the Prime Rib. Some people think Flemming's is superior but I don't. I went to a place up in Marin not too long ago that brought the actual various cuts out to the table on a huge tray so you could pick one out. I'm thinking that when they open up again, they won't be doing that for a while.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2020 09:35 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hard to go wrong with Tri-Tip that's been properly handled and cooked with love on a smokey grill.

[Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2020 03:26 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Tri tip is good just not one of the tender cuts . I hate Las Vegas I used to have to take clients there it was their choice but when I was there , there is a little steak house inside the New York called Gallagher's They had a large window to look in side the aging room at the entrance to the joint could not beat their NY Strip best I've ever had ! Ahh the memories !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2020 06:11 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with the aboves. Tri Tip is a good cut, beat the hell out of Sirloin, seems to have a lot more marbling, which they tell me is where it's at. It's also a backyard steak or when you go camping, which I hate, by the way. Camping for camping's sake is pretty lame. However, if you are up on the River of No Return, then camping is a means to an end. So, camping is part and parcel with a hunting or fishing trip or what the hell, rock climbing or 4 wheeling? But to just go pitch a tent, and at a friggin' CAMPGROUND" and then sit around the campfire swatting mosquitoes. Then, a half decent motel in Big Pine will have a better mattress....and a shower. And that's advice from my dearly departed wife who had no interest in roughing it. She was a trooper when called upon, I'll say that for her.

By the way, there is a cut of beef they sell at Costco, can't remember what it's called but it's "Prime" and dark red meat, no marbling and OH MY GOD, fried or on the BBQ, what a steak sandwich does it make! And, affordable! So, you do not always need marbling to make a decent steak. I better stop or Paul is going to freak out!

Speaking as a single, if the damned Costco would take my advice, they should stop packaging 4 or 5 steaks in a tray! You never see a single T-Bone, but they are my meat market, so what can I say? I'm forced to wrap them separately, I don't entertain much any more. I'll probably never get used to living alone.

Now that I think of it, where the hell is my Passport? Don't tell me those federal employees are laid off? $165! eek! It just popped into my head because we are going to Maui in August....I think? I hope?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2020 10:09 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Better go while you can.
I heard something about if the Dems win in Nov. they want to turn the old leper colony on Maui into a Corona Camp & Republican Reeducation facility.
Probably just a rumor ................ nothing to see here folks, just move along.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2020 10:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, at least you can just about see the Leper Colony on Molokai from Lahaina. We will give you a C+.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2020 11:17 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Been to every island except the leper colony I hear KOKO has a season pass ! Leonard if its tender its marrbled whether you can see it or not! I love Costco I just bring my own pallet truck !LOL

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2020 11:18 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
They say that the most expensive vehicle to drive is a shopping cart at Costco !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2020 10:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it sure is, for me!

I have not been to Lanai but my wife has. By far the most expensive and inaccessible island. Naturally, she was comp'ed. I'd love to go, but truthfully, there's a lot of Hawaii for the rest of us.

The thing is, I've been to some gorgeous islands in the Caribbean, even PortoRico is a beautiful tropical paradise. But, Hawaii is part of the United States and I consider that very important, as a tourist. You don't lose your rights as you do in fucking Mexico. But, Mexico has some beautiful tropics, that's for sure. We should do them a favor, invade and make it a state, fix the roads and the plumbing and the drinking water, something the Mexican government has neglected doing for a hundred years! For some reason, the peons don't care, but they need another revolution and set up scaffolds in public squares in all major cities and hang the bastards!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2020 04:11 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Back before the inter web my wife was a travel agent gone the way of the typewriter and fax machine. we went everywhere man in the mountain air man we went everywhere . Spent ten days on the Royal Viking Star visiting every island in the Caribbean back when a cruise ship was a cruise ship and not a floating city or petri dish ! Hawaii was just a weekend trip never got to hunt there I regret that ! They have some big hogs! We never paid to go anywhere the cruise was a $10,00 dollar ticket she was well loved !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2020 06:03 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, that's what Nancy did until she could claim her pension from Retail Clerks. See, she was on disability for a year because she wore out he collarbone due to scanning as a checker, at Von's. So, they paid for her to be retrained and she chose Travel Agent. Graduation was a Mini Cruise to Acapulco, also paid for by Von's. Didn't pay much but she didn't care, she was in it for the perks. And, that's when I stopped spending one of my precious three weeks hunting big game somewhere like Idaho or Colorado or New Mexico, etc. Instead, we went to Europe or the Caribbean or Hawaii, etc.

And, that's when I fell in love with Hawaii! Usually every year, but then we started going to Club Med as well. It was a lot of fun and something we would never have done if she wasn't in that business. But, since my time off was limited, she went on what they called "Fams" with the girls. That's Familiarization Trips usually well comp'ed by the hotels or airlines. Just a hobby for her, she loved to travel. Me? Not so much, but I came to appreciate those tropical destinations! I have a photo somewhere of me standing at Checkpoint Charlie, Thanksgiving Day 1989, the day they opened up East Berlin. Hard to believe that was more than 30 years ago?

Another trip down MEMORY LANE with El Bee!
Good hunting. LB

PS didn't hunt on Kauai, but did run into a couple of hog hunters somewhere in the interior, otherwise, as you know, everybody is on the coast. (the beach, get it, ko ko?)

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2020 07:05 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Why would anybody go to the beach when the hog huntin's inland ????

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2020 07:36 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Suzanne went on a fam to Egypt on a camel and through the Great Pyramids she had a blast !came home with lots of memories !

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters