The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Damage Control by the New York Times (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Damage Control by the New York Times
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2020 04:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Were these reporters talking about the same injustice everybody else has been talking about? It's hard to believe!

Go ahead and read the article. It's like Russian propaganda.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/08/opinion/michael-flynn-trump-barr.html

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2020 02:23 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought entrapment was not legal. I see I must be mistaken.
Hey Leonard, where do I sign up for the free booze and drugs there where you live?
I could go for a bottle of Crown. Especially after reading that article.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 637 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2020 03:05 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Walt Crown? that Canadian blended crap stop in Az. we'll show you what corn liquor is posed to taste like !LOL

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2020 04:08 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
I am actually putting myself at risk here in my part of Tennessee for not going for Old No 7.
Such blasphemy isn't tolerated here much and I need to make a retraction. Before I can't walk around on my own property because some local hillbilly will shoot my ass.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2020 04:18 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn,t it Stalin who said "Give me a name and I'll make a crime for it." ?
Or something very much like that.
I've been watching too much History channel during my time of leisure.
What I truely don't understand is the writing on the wall is bright and bold but not very many people see it. Maybe because they never learned to read in school or is it mass hysteria like what happened when Orson Wells broadcast War of the Worlds ? Maybe both?

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2020 04:59 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't tell those Tennessee folks they make some fine bourbon in Kentucky LOL They will Lynch you !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2020 07:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't appreciate fine whisky, that's for sure. When my parents were younger and had parties, I think the good stuff was 4 Roses?

I will say this; there was a time in my teen when I was influenced by others, not knowing anything for myself. I began drinking Cutty Sark and Dewar's because I'd been told it was a smart thing to do. But Scot's whisky is an acquired taste and I tried, but finally decided that it tasted like crap. Then I got the notion that real men drank Wild Turkey 100 proof. Eventually, I forgot the whole thing and decided that beer was a lot more like my speed.

To tell the truth, I don't hardly drink at all any more. I had a glass of wine about a week ago which was the first alcohol since Christmas. I'm just not much of a party animal any more.

I'l tell you one thing, I haven't been drunk since I was 25. What a friggin' waste! I can't handle barf, and hangovers and doing stupid shit. In fact, it must have been 23 or 24? By 25, I knew that I never wanted to get fucked up again. The whole 9 yards, I do not get it?

I used to pack a half pint of Peach Brandy, (maybe Blackberry) when hunting really bitter cold weather. It seemed to help, just a nip. Haven't even done that in probably 20 years?

I'm just no fun at all, any more.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2020 05:32 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a couple of shots every night it helps with pain and allows me to fall asleep . Cold weather is a myth it does not help it actually makes you colder. very dangerous in real cold conditions. Good bourbon starts at Jim Beam and goes up from there. Four Roses is akin to .........

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2020 05:39 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul ........ Allow me;
Four Roses is to whisky as adding EverClear to Whelch's Grape Juice and calling it wine.

[Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 10, 2020 08:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on! I doubt either of you could pass the blind taste test. Otherwise, you just read the label:
"Oh, this looks good!"

When I was in high school, had a friend, Earl Jordon, a big guy, but one time we put on the gloves. His dad stepped in and stopped us after a while before we beat each others brains out. I sorta punch over my weight class and he didn't. Where was I? Oh yeah, he always was able to buy booze and I still looked twelve years old. He would buy some brand I never heard of, otherwise, but maybe it was his father's favorite? Wish I could think of it, but you connoisseurs out there would have never heard of it anyways. I think what I mean is; it doesn't matter? Taken with branch water, you can save a lot of money if you aren't that picky. But, what do I know?

Anyway, PS. Earl's been gone, must be 15 years now? I'd sure like to look up his wife, Betsy! From Georgia and I could listen to her talk all day long! She's somewhere in Florida, last I heard? If you find out, let me know!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2020 03:31 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Some of those southern gals had such a sweet accent you could listen to them read The phone book, do we still have phone books?

[ May 11, 2020, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2020 09:30 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I can take Beam for occasional sippin' over a few ice cubes, but my preferred wintertime hooch is Jamesons…...good stuff, moderately priced compared to my favorite, Red Breast 12 yo, primo right there!
Posts: 1629 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2020 12:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay....that sounds like Scotch, to me? Never heard of Red Breast?

But, anyway. For those that like that Listerine stuff, (Scotch)
what do you think of the Johnny Walker Red? Or Johnny Walker Black? Or, how about Johnny Walker Blue? I see that stuff at Costco at Christmas time going for about $150 a bottle. Maybe not quite, but over a hundred bucks.

My old girlfriend Karen. She died 3 years ago, bless her heart. She had been going to AA meeting for 3 or 4 years and not drinking at all while I knew her. She drank Scotch but if she ever told me what kind, I don't remember? I stand by my conviction, every Scot's whisky I ever tasted had a fairly reminiscent flavor of high test mouthwash!

Okay, Okay! Better yet, like that old hunting camp joke:
This tastes like moose shit.... but, good!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: ko ko, 'splain the joke to Paul

[ May 11, 2020, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2020 01:59 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Complain about the food & become the new camp cook ???? [Razz]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2020 06:02 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
No......I can't stand scotch whiskey either. Irish whiskey is my preference, which Red Breast is one among many, just one of the better ones.
Posts: 1629 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2020 06:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that’s the joke

Sorry Vic, I was wrong and now that I think about it, I’ve heard of Jameson’s before, should have known it was Irish. If it was multiple choice, I would have got it right!

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2020 03:38 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Scotch is Scotch it ain't corn liquor makes me Ill
Irish is good stuff but I'm a bourbon guy I drink Irish on St, Paddy's day Eat my corned beef and go to bed !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2020 10:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse this comment, but YUCK!

Pureed Corned Beef in a blender? I take it you must have an industrial strength & bulletproof blender?

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: also, in leu of Irish whisky on St Patricks Day, I favor the Corned Beef and Cabbage. AND A SHAMROCK SHAKE!

edit: also, if you ask at the window, you can sometimes get a Shamrock Shake several days past St Patrick's Day!

[ May 12, 2020, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2020 11:44 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
A Shamrock shake?
Is that kinda like you know, drinking water? You know, like outa the toilet?(Idiocracy there)
Couldn't help myself there Leonard. When upperknockity tunes, one must take advantage of it.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2020 01:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, there are many things on the mcDonald's menu that are decent, like the Sausage McMuffin and the Quarter Pounder and some that I don't care for. I wouldn't eat a "fish filet" if you paid me!

Anyway, sounds like you don't know what a Shamrock Shake is? It's an Ice cream type of shake with a mint and vanilla flavor. I happen to like it as an annual treat on St Patrick's Day. It's only available around that timeframe. But, when the standard stuff, Strawberry, vanilla or Chocolate get's routine, a Mint flavored shake tastes pretty good. You will like it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2020 03:40 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
If you want a shake go to Jack in the Box enuff butterfat to lube a tractor ! There is nothing edible at McDonalds I know I cant have it anyway but when I could I wouldn't! And no the corned beef reference was a memory. but I doo have a 500 watt blender LOL

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 13, 2020 06:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I duno, maybe I'm misguided, (don't answer that!) but I quit Jack In The Box that time they were caught "accidentally" selling kangaroo meat hamburgers. I tend to hold a grudge quite a while . This was way before the Internet so it probably doesn't exist anymore, and I sold my tractor anyway.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2020 06:41 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
But.......but.......but.......
What about that all time classic....The McRib Sandwich ????

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------

JP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2020 07:11 AM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Victor on the Jamesons, always have a decanter full. However, for bourbon you can't go wrong with Basil Hayden's, which is always on the bar.
Posts: 150 | From: So AZ | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2020 01:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There's another one I've never heard of?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters