The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Visitors

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Visitors
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2020 07:00 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Following strict shelter in place orders. Mom an Pop and six of my grandchildren showed up yesterday. Best day I have had in six month's or maybe ever . The kids requested Grampa's tacos . They brought all the fixings and my favorite bourbon. They ate like termites, it was fun to watch. My tacos have a long history in this family. The kids had ten acres to explore after being locked up for six weeks! A good time was had by all ! Mom texted this morning and the kids are still asleep and the house is quieter than its been in a while we wore them out not bad for 70....

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2020 08:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you! I am so jealous!

edit: Oh, I forgot! I get a text message every now and then....

[ April 26, 2020, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2020 09:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll tell you one thing. Being famous for your tacos is no small accomplishment!

My son has that honor in this family. I try, but his are a lot better.

Now I'm getting a hankering. Need to go to the store.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2020 04:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it will have to be tomorrow. I'm too tired, today. Yesterday was a bad day for me. Sick all day. in and out of the bathroom, slept the rest of the time until 3am and then I read for a couple hours and was back to sleep. I'm real exhausted, as in no energy.

So, tacos might have to wait until tomorrow. I need everything except tortillas.

By the way, what oil does the Taco King use? I've tried corn oil, which seems logical, but it seems to make the corn tortillas stick, a little. 10W/30 is ok but right now I'm using Canola. I'm out of peanut and the last two times I looked for it at Walmart, all they had was really big sizes, at least a gallon and I'm not that kind of consumer. So, Canola it is, for now anyway. I try not to use mystery oil, what they call vegetable oil.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS Now, after all this, are you going to say; neither, I use flour?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2020 07:16 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Ebry one nos.....kreesko is de best, pinche gringo
Posts: 1629 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2020 10:21 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That’s actually true, Victor! I’ve never used it, but I know that is the authentic lard.
Well, I need to get everything else....wouldn’t you think the EPA would outlaw such a dangerous commodity?

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2020 04:45 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I actually had a mishap and had arranged the pans so that when I took the lid off the taco meat I brought out over the tortilla pan water dripped off an whamo! lots of noise and grease but no harm no foul
rookie move what can I say I was drinking . And loving my family !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2020 07:42 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, yes! I had that happen with a wok. I had covered it to prevent spatter and when I took it off, it burst into flame!

At that point, I got so stupid, it's embarrassing, but I didn't put the damned lid back on, I had a couple mishaps trying to get it outside; it was a roaring inferno!

That was the stupidest panic I have ever experienced, my friggin' brain just canceled. I remember a number of years ago, the people across the street had a kitchen fire, the adult son was busy doing something and it got away from him and half the house burned down.

I remember thinking at the time; that guy is an idiot! Like I said, it occurred to me after I finally put it out, why didn't I just put the cover back on? It's a high dome cover pretty common with woks. Maybe next time?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters