The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » NEWS ITEM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEWS ITEM
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2020 12:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just noticed this. Apparently, a police officer was criticized for wearing a face mask that was designed and fabricated by his wife. "Apparently" the politically correct crowd thought his mask looked like, or resembled the Confederate Flag, which they called the "Stars and Bars" at the time. But anyway, it was the battle flag of the Confederate States of America, and a hell of a lot of soldiers fought and died for that flag.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/04/25/lawmaker-apologizes-for-face-mask-that-looks-like-confederate-flag/24105753/

But, if you assume that of the over than 600,000 deaths that occurred during the American Civil War, and further assume that about half of those casualties were southern soldiers, and those people, young and old, fought for their country. They also fought for their right to withdraw from the Union. The southern states voluntarily joined the Union and believed that they could withdraw from that Union if they felt that conditions had changed and they no longer wanted to be a part of theUnited States.

This brings us to the reasons for withdrawing from the Union, in which the vast majority believed that they were southerners and wanted nothing further to do with the Yankees. Somewhere during the hostilities, President Lincoln issued a proclamation emancipating the slaves in the south, while no mention was made of the slaves still existing in the north. This is similar to President Trump declaring all prisoners in Cuba to be set free; and good luck with that decree!

Anyway, through much slight of hand and persistence, the crux of the matter, or conflict, as you wish, is the common assumption and belief that the cause and the purpose of that bloody conflict was to "FREE THE SLAVES". Southerners believed that they were fighting to leave the Union and become their own country. It was news to them that all these warriors were fighting to "FREE THE SLAVES" but this common and popular belief has been floated for many years after the conflict ended and used as a device by the Democrat Party to convince black people that al of those white people killed each other for the purpose of freeing black people from slavery.

This is such a common belief that it almost requires no explanation. The fact is, the North had more votes in congress and could tell southern states to go fuck themselves because, after all, we had a democratic vote and you lost! Over and over, the north had things their own way and southern states were left to sweep the floors and do exactly what the north had decided and after all, it was a fair and democratic vote, so get used to losing, Y'all.

Today, it is common to view the Confederate Flag as a symbol of RACISM, when all those dead soldiers thought they were withdrawing and forming their own country, but they lost and the winners imposed their will on the minority.

Nowadays, activists can pull down and destroy Confederate War Monuments and demand that southern states remove any reference to the "Stars and Bars" from their state flags. and in an interesting switch, the Confederate Flag is viewed as a symbol of racial hate exactly like the KKK, which they conveniently forget was actually associate with southern Democrats and had nothing to do with racism and slavery, except by inference. And it has got to the point where a mask that resembles a confederate flag can cause a man to apologize for inflaming hatred towards black people.

I think this symbolism is getting out of hand. In my opinion, the whole thing is based on lies. Southern people have a right to their monuments and flags. The south is integrated and basically northerners are stirring up racial animosity, which is just what we need. <sarc>

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31490 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2020 05:02 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
The majority of people don't know the truth behind the Civil War and have been brainwashed into believing it was over slavery.Which it was not. It was over who was controlling who. Sound familiar.The Democratic Party is all about control, So was Stalin, Hitler, Mao,Etc. Starting to sound familiar again.
As a side I was reading Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" and it sure reads like a playbook for the Democrats. Another thought I have is that England dropping out of the European Union is a pretty good comparison to the Southern States and their struggle with the Northern States to drop out of the USA at the time which led to the Civil War. England was spared a Civil War with the rest of Europe only because they have the power to fight back and to actually control their own destiny.LONG LIVE FREEDOM.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 644 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2020 05:52 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
The star and bars was the confederate battle jack they did not have a flag I cant believe these morons!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2020 12:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, not to beat a dead horse, but:

I have always questioned the politically correct explanation as to the reason(s) for the American Civil War. It was the bloodiest and deadliest conflict in our history, no other war is even close.

And yet, people accept as pure unassailable FACT, that the war between the states was provoked and it endured, brother against brother, father against son, very literally!

Just think about it. what would I do to protect my family? Quite a lot, I would say. How far would I risk my life to defend the guy down the street that I hardly know? Assuming that me and my son have different opinions on various issues, would I shoot him dead because he wanted to prevent me from assisting that neighbor down the block that neither of us even know his name? Sure, seems like an all right guy, but now this creates a life and death conflict between me and my son over helping that fella down the street?

Well, that's the "story" we are handed. A nationwide struugle lasting (what) 4 years and resulting in the slaughter of 600,000 Americans? And, we shot at and maimed friends and neighbors, (in some cases) because we didn't think it was right that the other side, (and a small percentage, at that) OWNED SLAVES! Yeah, that's it, we are gonna shoot the bitches because a few wealthy plantation owners had slaves. To me, it doesn't even pass the laugh test that it came down to a basic disagreement over slavery? Ask the man in the street and what kind of an answer will you get? Depends. If you ask a black person, the war was to free the slaves, period! If you ask anyone in a certain age group, say under 40? Same thing, of course, they have to think about it for a minute because they have probably never considered the question before, but it's like the definition of the BIG LIE. Which is; if you repeat something often enough and long enough, no matter how wrong and inaccurate, by virtue of being repeated over and over, it gains legitimacy.

Right now, there is a certain element that is suggesting that the moon landings were all fake. I guarantee you that there are people that have heard it said and for that reason alone, believe it to be a legitimate hypothesis.

But, there it is: Americans killing each other over slavery. Look, I don't care what those people in San Francisco do, I'm not driving up there and picking fistfights because those homeless degenerates are pooping on the sidewalk....as disgusting as that may be. No, I mind my own business and so should you and it should never get beyond shouting rude things as you sit at a stop sign.

We have been sold a Bill of Goods about the causes of the Civil War for a very long time and it disgusts me greatly. How can reasonable people accept that bullshit? Democrats are perfect liars. It's all they do and they do it well. "They keep 'n y'all in chains." Let me see? Who said that recently while campaigning? You might look it up but I'll save you the effort. Joe Biden! Yes, old senile Uncle Joe Biden said that last summer, speaking at a black church rally. Just a guess but it might have been in the south some place? Like one of the Carolinas?

You figure it out!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2020 04:54 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
It was and will continue to be about states rights
! The south was put upon badly by the north the north had all the manufacturing and the south had all the raw material! I am no democrat but fuk a Yankee !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2020 05:36 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused] [Confused]

Is this the War of Northern Aggression to which you are referring ????

[Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7588 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted April 27, 2020 07:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's the one, ko ko. Sleeping in class again?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2020 02:47 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Just napping during the boring parts.

I'm kinda surprised that some of those monuments haven't been offered 'homes' on private property. How cool would it be to have a bronze General on horseback out in front of your gas, bait & tackle store ?????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7588 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2020 06:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's friggin' BRILLIANT!

Where do you come up with these gems?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2020 07:35 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The Voices in my head.
I know that they're not real, but sometimes they come up with some pretty good ideas.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2020 10:52 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Better than any ideas the Demonrat commies come up with.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 644 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters