The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » I did my duty as a citizen

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I did my duty as a citizen
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted April 25, 2020 08:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday, two surprising things happened. I saw a report that a judge had ruled in favor of the California Rifle and Pistol Club and vacated or blocked enforcement of a law as unconstitutional that placed numerous restrictions on firearms and ammunition sales in the state of California. A refreshing change, as they said, a win for the good guys.

The second thing was in the form of an email from Midway informing me that welcome back and they are open for mail order business to residents of California. Wow! That was quick!

After, or I mean, since last July, I have been prevented from buying ammo, and now with this latest directive from Governor Newsom closing "essential" GUN SHOPS in this state. But enough of that.

So, I immediately accessed Midway's site and placed an order for $300 worth of handgun ammunition in calibers that I use. I got a confermation email this morning saying that they are "assembling" my order and schedule shipment fir May 5. WTF? why the delay? Our California NAZI Attorney General immediately attempted to block the ruling so maybe that's why they need time to assemble my order, like 10 days? We will see?

I don't need none of it. It's a thing of principle. In fact, in the last year or so, I have been buying handgun ammunition like it's a fire sale, when for 40 years, I have been minding my own business and handloading everything. But, it's kinda nice to see all those factory boxes stacked on my shelves!

Good hunting. El Bee

[ April 26, 2020, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2020 11:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Well!

Late Friday night (9:46pm), the following order came out from the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, granting a temporary stay on the injunction issued on Thursday, April 24, in the NRA funded case of Rhode v. Becerra. This means that the same restrictions that have been previously in effect regarding ammunition in California are back for the time being, pending further order from the court.

I'll see if I can cancel. Go ahead and laugh. LB

edit: Midway says I cannot cancel the order. Does this mean they keep my money indeterminately, (or is that indefinitely?) while the matter gets hashed around in court?

[ April 25, 2020, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2020 12:59 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Two points here.

First, online sales are required under federal law to ship merchandise within 24h of debiting money from an account. They may place a hold on your account to ensure the availability of funds, but the actual money hasn't been taken out.

Second, the May 5 date is more about the couriers than the state of California, is my guess. I was shopping online to spend some of our stimulus money last weekend and a number of items through Amazon had earliest delivery dates of May 24. Upon investigating, it turns out that Amazon has several different things going on. For one, they're reducing their access to non-essential items in order to ensure space in their delivery system for "essential items", that being a rather subjective term. Also, they're having staffing problems due to Covid-19 at several of their delivery and distribution hubs as well, which slows things down. Now, that's Amazon and you're talking Midway, but it wouldn't be a surprise to me to find that FedEx and UPS are having the same issues due to the sheer volume of product being moved. You take 160 million plus folks with nothing to do and give each of them 1200 bucks to spend and I can tell you personally, the guys that are delivering that shit are getting hammered. I call it the Stimulus Amazon Tsunami, and it's real.

Good luck on the legal change. No such problems out here in the sticks.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2020 10:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding your recent ammunition order
Sat, Apr 25, 2020 1:50 pm
MidwayUSA MidwayUSA@email.midwayusa.comHide
To nbosin nbosin@aol.com
MidwayUSA Logo

New Arrivals | Sale | Clearance | My Account
Good Afternoon,
Unfortunately, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit issued an emergency administrative stay on Judge Benitez’s ruling late last night (4/24/2020 at 9:54 PM PDT). Let’s hope it’s just temporary as Californians, like all Americans, deserve full access to their 2nd amendment rights.

We did our very best to ship CA ammo orders as fast as possible yesterday, but as you can imagine, we were overrun with thousands of these orders. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to ship yours before the stay, and for this we’re very sorry. You’ll either be issued a full refund or your credit card won’t be charged at all, depending on how far along we were in processing your order. Hopefully, the courts will correctly decide to permanently strike down this unconstitutional law soon.
So sorry for the inconvenience and thanks so much for your business!

Best regards,

Matt Fleming

President | NRA Benefactor

edit: what's this shit about a $1200 check? I accessed the site and was told I was either not eligible or ....forget the other reason?

edit: also, what the hell was the "EMERGENCY" that caused the wheels of justice to slam into high gear?

[ April 25, 2020, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2020 05:08 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, is loaded with Communists. That's why.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 637 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2020 05:49 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
That the ninth circus court ! They are a joke unfortunately that joke has power!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted April 26, 2020 08:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the same old story. This country is supposed to be about freedom. It is a complete perversion of the concept to rule by MAJORITY! Majority Rules! Great Buzzword!

But it doesn't, and never has meant that the majority can rule over the minority. The minority has RIGHTS!

This is the same old story! Whoever wins an election, they think they can tell the minority what to do and when to squat and take a shit! NEVER HAS THAT BEEN THE CASE!

Right now, for instance, Democrats think they have the power to get rid of guns. To invalidate the Second Amendment! To impose their will on firearm owners, narrow the scope of the Second Amendment to perhaps hunt deer once a year, way out yonder where nobody gets hurt.

But, in order to sleep blissfully at night, Liberals demand the right to get enough guns off the street as humanly possible. That would be almost all of them. It is exactly imposing their will on other people and curbing their, (other people's) rights!

This is what happens when we send our kids to school and the Left indoctrinates them with claptrap bullshit about GLOBAL WARMING and save the whales, instead of basic principles upon which the country was founded. These recent generations do not have the foggiest idea of what the Constitution and the Bill of Rights is about.

They are more familiar with PETA slogans and propaganda out of the United Nations than they are with the BASIC PRINCIPLES of this unique society. Nowhere in the world do people have more basic freedom than in America and yet, these fools want to emulate the European Union, or Russia, which is still communist, except without the party. Sure, they have loosened a few things and opened the churches, but the citizens have nowhere near the freedom that exists here!

And so it is. We have "Commies" here, particularly at the university level that indoctrinates impressionable minds. That's how the communists did it; start with the children and tell them what it's all about. This is the exact opposite of, THINK FOR YOURSELF.

We are too complacent. We sit around like that frog in a pan of water, oblivious as the temperature is turned up to boiling!

People, we are losing the fight on many levels. If we pull it out, it will be just by the skin of our teeth! My God! Do you realize how close we came to electing Hillary Clinton to follow Obama with her Rules For Radicals! We know that Obama authorized surveillance on candidate Trump and when the impossible happened, continue to surveil the friggin' President of the United States! Let that sink in and explain to me why Obama isn't under indictment and awaiting trial for subversion! The whole Cabal from James Comey to Brennon to Rosenstein. They were playing fast and loose with legality as members of the DEEP STATE.

We got lucky somehow? In spite of sleeping through the whole election and three and a half years of deliberate criminal conspiracy. We really don't deserve to survive this but I sincerely hope we do and reelect Donald J Trump for at least another term! God Willing!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted April 27, 2020 07:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I got another email notice from Midway. Sorry, either your transaction will be canceled, or we will refund, if your card was charged.

I didn't need it anyway.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters