The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » What month? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What month?
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2020 02:30 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it? 13* this morning and officially a high of 37*. Wind chill here at the place 33* most of the day. Wind has been brutal. 12-20mph and gusting at times. Feels like the polar ice cap last couple of days around here.

See the trees are leafing out told them they'll freeze their roots off. They better slow down and wait a few days.

Started plants. Now have plants going wild and can't put them out. Have zucchini close to a foot tall. Better warm up soon or it's going to eat us!

Sorry tired of all the news of isolation, desolation and the end of world.

Lets start the gardens, talk about anything as long as it's good and helpful.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2020 06:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
We had one sunny day, 3 days ago and I spent all day working in the yard. By my rough estimate, we had that one nice day out of 3 1/2 weeks! If I were inclined towards depression, that’s all I would need to get myself committed. Might as well be up in the suicide capital, coastal Washington. You know, where my brother and his wife take sunlamp therapy, in beautiful & green Tumwater. Fuck that!

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2020 03:06 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Had a pretty good storm come up from the south the other day that blew down trees and dumped a few inches of rain in a few hours. Creek flooded,blew the bird feeders to who knows where. And I now have to get on the tractor and re grade the driveway.
Leonard, I remember when I lived up in Longview Washington on the wet coast. Months of drizzle and overcast with no sun and people get depressed ???
We got apricots starting and a lot of other things are blooming if it doesn't pull a freeze on us here some time soon. But, I think,well,sometimes I think, the cold is over.
Went to the Mennonite farm down the road and got a bunch of herbs and peppers to plant.
I am on a big pepper sauce kick right now and figure I'll be bursting into flames before long.
So much for sticking around the property here .
Oh, don't touch anything you don't want to set on fire after playing with those chili peppers. Don't ask how I know.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2020 03:19 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
NVWalt, known about the peppers for years. I started making salsa a couple years back. So scared of making it too hot that my salsa doesn't even have a fire rating. might get bolder this year and make it with a little more fire. When I start handling the peppers I have rubber gloves on. For the just in case thing and running to the bathroom or the eye rub.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2020 05:39 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Where the fuk is spring? !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2020 06:24 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Saw the first snake of Spring yesterday !!!
A fine looking Common Kingsnake out behind my broadhead sand pit.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted April 14, 2020 07:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm also a fan of King snakes. The California Mountain King snake is a handsome critter!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2020 08:22 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
We have "snow snakes".
I'm not looking forward to my first run in with the snakes up here.
I'd rather run into a bear or cougar.

--------------------

Knows what it's all about
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2020 08:40 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
We got 3 inches of snow on Easter. Intermittent snow showers predicted for the next three days.
Posts: 191 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2020 05:05 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
We had a blizzard on Easter Sunday/Monday. About 20 inches of snow.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2020 08:55 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
It's SNOWING!! The ground is white.
It's the middle of April for gosh sake.
Crazy year so far.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted April 15, 2020 10:10 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful spring day, here.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2020 04:32 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
The storm really intensified after it left here.
Pocatello is really white this morning when they showed the news.
Our melted off and there wasn't even a half of a inch.
Nice to have it on the yard/trees and so forth but really glad it didn't stick.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2020 04:46 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Put the hummer feeders out yesterday on a whim wasn't fifteen minutes I had a taker then more about six pair so far ! still in the thirties at night !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2020 04:48 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Going into Prescott for chemo we call it sheltering
in place just try to stop me !

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2020 06:21 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
That's right Paul. Fuck 'em !!

Chilly April here too..

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2020 09:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
We're being watched, Amigo! Never admit anything! I can't believe Prescott has all that stuff? 40 yers ago, it was a cow town. I used to hunt around there all the time. Now they got chemo?

Probably powered by "real" windmills?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2020 10:12 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Our governor has turned into another spineless lemming.
https://idahonews.com/news/coronavirus/governor-little-announcement-on-idaho-stay-at-home-orders-wednesday-april-15

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2020 01:29 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think so Dave A.
Us who live out with no hospitals and hours to drive to get to one don't need all the carriers coming out to recreate.
Our stores have been over run by out of county people making a shortage for us and waiting for restocking on a weekly basis.

Blaine County people were told to shelter in place. There are several cars a day parked along side hwy 75 fishing. Lord only knows what they do at Stanley and if they even have any kind of whips to clean a gas handle.

We only have 2 cases but both don't know how they got it. Have to be from Blaine County.

As soon as the shelter in place is rescinded lord help us because we will be over run up here. Can't get anywhere to much snow yet. Steel head fishing will be over thank goodness so maybe that crowd will slow down.

I think he did the right thing. Very hard decision on his part. I wouldn't have wanted to make that call.

If you noticed the counties with the most population and the rich who fly in and out unchecked those areas have the highest count of C-19

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2020 03:49 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Paul;
Can you do anything to keep the honey bees out of the feeders ????
I got swarms around my 'Bee Proof' feeders. [Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2020 05:29 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried reasoning with them? How about one of those coils? Bees go all zombie with smoke.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2020 06:01 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree" Earth-Dee. Can't remember your name ?

Anyway, I don't know how it could all be enforced anyway ? What got me was Gov. Little is caving in. He is a Idaho rancher..Yeah..Yeah..

Why didn't he open up the state & let counties decide ? Oh' yeah that's right he's an old man & doesn't want to shake the boat.

In the link above, he states out of state people who come to Idaho are required to Quarantine for two weeks ?

Who the hell enforces that besides a police state ? The good news is were not. Not yet anyway

It's even funnier living on the Oregon border. I thought the "dyke" Kate Brown would do that..Lol

BTW: It would be nice to go the barber, cut my own hair a week ago. Not all bad, but..

Also a good friend and co-worker. 60 years old had a stroke in mid Feb..Can't get into rehab to help improve his speech and blurry vision in his right eye.

Better keep things open in case somebody has CO-VID.

(edit) just sayin'

[ April 16, 2020, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2020 03:10 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I hear you on all accounts.
Guess Emmett is operating just like normal or close to it.
Other half was down for gopher trapping..
He sheltered in place on the big ranch he was on.
He did have to go into town for gas, propane and some food.
He said Albertsons was a zoo the day he had to go in.
Every weekend the 4 mile road was a zoo with trailers of atv's and utv's and boats.

Most of our business' are closed down up here. We can get gas and food and the bank drive through and the lumber store. That's about it though.
Good thing I cut the other half's hair.
Good thing Amazon is shipping albeit they are slow now.
Don't even think about ordering from Costco.
Sam's Club is a little bit better on getting things.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2020 06:12 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
It's just frustrating my buddy can't get rehab, can't go to the doc for a check up either.

Another co-worker has slight lung issues and wont come to work until this blows over. Were short handed & busy.

Lots of stress for those who are working in a variety of different fields.

[ April 17, 2020, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted April 18, 2020 07:31 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Here in the Denver area, had 3 days in a row that set new recorded low temps., for night and day temps. Beating records that had stood for nearly 120 years. Been reported that Boulder has set a new all time record for snow fall amount at about 151". Colo. as a whole in above avg. snow fall for the year, as it was last year as well.
Finally turning green. Get some warm weather and it'll happen quick. Won't be long and the hummingbirds will be buzzing around.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters