The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Gotta wonder .......... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Gotta wonder ..........
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2020 05:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
And here's the latest poll. The Media has done an excellent job of poisoning minds about Orange Man Bad. The country is completely, totally POLARIZED! Trump is either doing a decent job or you have zero confidence in his ability, depending on how you vote and what network that you watch. It's amazing how easy it is to manipulate public opinion!

Read about it here: (and be very cognizant of how phrasing of questions in a poll can shape the results!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/sixty-percent-believe-worst-yet-come-u-s-coronavirus-pandemic-n1159106

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31337 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2020 09:07 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Stay outta KS. Anyone not already here, stay the phuck out. I still don't understand why you insist on staying there, LB, and dealing with all that bullshit. No background checks for ammo here. Buy all you want or can. Gun grabbing? LOL One day after the Greensburg tornado, an LEO tried to remove the guns from a severely damaged home in the name of "public safety", The shit hit the fan and what was left of the town erupted. Within days - DAYS - the state legislature enacted a law forbidding law enforcement or anyone else from seizing guns in crisis situations. All volunteers and responders to tornado-damaged locations are now instructed up front - and you have to be signed into the disaster zone, no looky-loos - that if/when you find a firearm, law enforcement is to be contacted immediately and their job is to do everything possible to locate the owner and get their gun back to them. We treat guns like lost children and consider them just as valuable.

As a proud prepper, I'm shaking my damned head at how average people are reacting to this, but not at all surprised. If things get so bad that I'm out of toilet paper, that garden hose out back will double as a fine redneck bidet.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2020 09:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm properly chastised, Lance. But now that I've decided to pull the trigger, y'all are setting up roadblocks! Thanks a lot!

But, here's an example of Congressperson logic on display. First of all, the incarcerated are fully protected, so why the concern? Then, is that an act of charity to set them free to get infected by the unwashed masses? Clearly, the bald lady hasn't thought this through. Read on:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2020/03/15/ayanna-pressley-prisoners-are-vulnerable-to-the-wuhan-virus-so-lets-set-them-f-n2564960

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2020 10:07 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't matter ............... we're all gonna die.

Scary thought; maybe CDude has some thoughts or info.
This China Virus (China !! Nothing to do with cheap Mexican beer. ) I'm told by the Talking Heads on the news that this China Virus can live on exposed surfaces for up to 48 hours.
So ............ an infected person mails a letter, it's handled by who knows how many people in the Postal chain before it gets to where it's going and we now have the worlds biggest pyramid scheme of infection.

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7511 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2020 10:39 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
The shit panic has hit Idaho. Guess in Boise the other day Costco was a fracking zoo!
I was in our local store on Friday and there was no panic or anything. Neighbor came over yesterday and said the store was sold out of toilet paper. What!? Up here you should have several months of paper products always on hand in case you're snowed in or fire has roads blocked!! We now have 5 cases of the crap. 2 in Boise, 2 in SunValley of course all those idiots are from some place else, mostly Comiforina. One in Teton County.
I'm suppose to go to Boise tomorrow for my 6 month check up with the knee doctor.
Crap it's snowing again. [Confused]

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1104 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2020 01:53 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
High 70s ............ Clear skies .......... Light breeze. Shorts & flip-flops.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

One of the stores in a mall in Tucson is no longer accepting cash. Electronic transactions only.

The madness continues.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7511 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2020 06:02 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Koko,

In today's mail stream, the only people (on average) who actually lay hands on any given piece of mail is three, maybe four - the sender, the carrier that gets it outta your mailbox,the clerk or carrier who delivers it to their PO box or mailbox, and the recipient.

You drop a letter in your mailbox, your carrier picks it up, it goes in a large hamper bin that goes on a truck. The hamper is dropped off at a processing center which dumps that bin into a larger bin which then sends the letters through machines that face the mail up and separate it by type of postage, all computerized. The mail is then faced and fed into another big assed machine which does an amazing job of reading even the most difficult handwriting, then it paints or places a sticker carrying a barcode which tells everything from start to stop about that letter's trip. That barcode then is read at numerous points along the journey as the letter is routed first into regional, then zone conveyances. Once at the destination distribution processing center, those letters are e-read again and everything is processed three times through computers that separate them into not just the city, and the route, but puts them into the exact sequence for every delivery route in that zip code - called DPS , or delivery point sequencing.

You touched it. Maybe your carrier touched it throwing it into their satchel or tub in their vehicle, the carrier or clerk at the other end touched it to put it in whatever you get your mail out of and then you touch it when you get your mail. In between all that, it's all computers and mile-long machines.

I've been in one Processing Center, Topeka, Kansas, and that place was relatively small compared to the big operations on the coasts. They had 26 sorting machines running, processing 75,000+ letters each hour, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As inefficient as some people think the PO is, you only have to see that once to wonder how anything gets anywhere.
And yes, I have thought about all the people who handle and slobber all over their outgoing mail but I find comfort in thinking about ppl who are forced to handle cash, when I start thinking or ball/ butt/ booby sweat all over that. How often have you seen then guy standing in line at the Quicky Mart waiting to pay with a 20 in his hand wiping the snot balls off his nose after he just got done scratching shit you don't wanna think about?

I'd rather be elbows deep in coyote blood then have to actually touch most people anymore.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2020 07:36 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool !!!
Thanx !!!
[Cool]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted March 16, 2020 11:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody told me this morning that most places were now refusing cash, credit cards only.

But, I'm self isolating like a MFR! This is my only contact with the outside world.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2020 09:33 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
I was Self isolating before Self isolating was cool!!

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2020 06:41 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I live on a dead end dirt road.
I envy Paul with a Nat. Forrest for a back yard.

[Razz]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2020 07:05 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately I have to go into Prescott foe Mammas chemo treatments an labs . I don't really give a shit I think this is all media driven hysteria and the biggest load of bullshit ever perpetrated on the moron masses! Now shut up Margret and eat your toilet paper ! 168000 have recovered from this little flu but nobody mentions it !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2020 07:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I must have missed something? Prescott is now the Big City, civilization, so to speak? Do they still have horse races at Prescott Downs? There's a sort of "Shotgun Bar" downtown, not far rom the park. One of those places, long and narrow where, when you pull the trigger, you will kill everybody inside. Beats Tombstone's OK Corral , which is kinda tame, Victor! Stafford is too Mormon for any excitement, whatsoever; I mean, besides BINGO. Is there a bar in town, yet? I think Stafford invented The Stepford Wives?

In my dreams, I can see myself ensconced within the lovely community of Dove Mountain. That will do nicely. Then, I just might return to the accursed game of golf, round #2.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit:
PS I may not live next to a National Forest, but I can see it from my front yard. My view will rival anybody's.

[ March 17, 2020, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2020 10:24 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
"My view will rival anybody's"

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Wanna bet ???

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2020 12:21 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
You could say most doctor offices were ghost towns yesterday.
We were met at the door and screened before we were allowed in.
Seen the PAC and yesterday was the last day they would physically see patience. Today they were to start calling patience to tell them all elective surgeries are cancelled until farther notice. If you have problems they would try to help you over the phone. They wouldn't even give me a date for my one year checkup in Sept. They said they'd call.
Traffic was almost like 10-15 years ago. There were people out but nothing like the new norm.
Was at the lumber store a little while ago and a guy was wanting small latex gloves. Gal looked it up and it said there would be no restocking of latex gloves. They are stock piling all medical supplies in case this pandemic actually happens since there is or will be a major shortage of medical supplies.
All government employees have been sent home today and offices shut down. Be happy to stay home.
So I'm not sure if I still have an appointment with my GP on Thursday? Will have to check tomorrow.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2020 01:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah well, I got a call about my appointment Thursday afternoon. Asked if it’s ok to change to to a telephone visit? I said that was fine with me.

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

Edit: I will even offer to take my own temperature and blood pressure!

[ March 17, 2020, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2020 03:42 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I would gladly stay home and take a call but I really need a shot in my shoulder to calm it down. I get about 4-5 hours of good sleep a night then it's toss and roll and feel it screaming and throbbing the rest of the night. Usually when I get up it lets up because I can start moving it more. This morning it's still angry and telling me it's angry.

Will see what happens later today. I can take my own blood pressure too. No way for temp. But on Monday there wasn't a fever and BP was okay.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2020 06:09 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Went into Chino valley for labs They have a Sonoran quest lab
in the back next to the pharmacy, market was hoot people running around with toilet paper and water only to get to checkout to find out its two item limit ! Good job Safeway markets !

[ March 18, 2020, 06:10 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2020 01:22 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You are almost in the risk category, age wise. Shouldn't you be self isolating, like me and ko ko? I can't believe you are out of sex toys already, what else would cause you to ....Oh? Yeah, Chino Valley? Never mind, you looking to score some weed, eh? Never mind.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2020 07:04 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I am there only there as long as I need to be there but this is no different than any other time. You all can stuff the media created pandemic up ur whatever's ! I aint buying it !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2020 12:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps it's like I said before, in a rare lucid moment. The severity and the crisis and the panic of this Chinese Virus is primarily because of our political affiliation. It's similar to Trump Derangement Syndrome. SOB Never Trumpers and Democrats of every stripe will play Chicken Little and claim the sky is falling based on virtually nothing. Conservatives, on the other hand, being a bit more intelligent than the average Liberal; they will take necessary precautions and avoid hysteria....for the most part. So, choose your poison and take sides. Perhaps it will make a difference?

If you never give humans much credit for brains, you won't be disappointed very often.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: PS I'm going to Walmart. When I get back expect a full report! Unless I'm arrested for not sheltering in place?

PPS but that would be rather rich. They are releasing murder suspects and arresting people that defy the quarantine ban?

[ March 20, 2020, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2020 02:55 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey El Bee;
Remember that WW1 gas mask that you kept 'just in case' ????
You might want to dig it out and start wearing it when you're out in public. The looks that you would get would be priceless and who knows ...... somebody might offer you serious coin for it.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2020 07:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, first of all, the store wasn't all that crowded, when I got inside, I saw why. Anything sold in a can was not available. Rationing fluid milk. No hamburger, as in ground beef. I saw one brand of bottled water, Evian. Less than 10 cases. Dog food? I scored a bag of expensive designer puppy chow, apparently pitbulls won't eat it? They (dogs) are stocked up on ground beef, I guess, which is a little cheaper.

No hand sanitizer, but every empty cart I saw had a bunch of discarded sanitary wipes laying in the bottom. You know, the ones that we wipe down the cart handle? I was very surprised they were available, actually. Produce was pretty well stocked, better than the durable stuff. Baked good were very picked over, except the in house Walmart stuff like the rolls and muffins, etc.

That's about it except for a curious thing. You know those brakes they put on the wheels of the carts so that you can't push them off the property? I had to try 8 or 10 before I found one that I could move! Chinese virus infecting shopping carts? They were left abandoned all over the parking lot, and every one had used sanitary wipes on the bottom. People are becoming germ freaks! Used to be, maybe 25% of people bothered to wipe down their cart handles. Not any more!

That's it, ko ko. Back to you in the studio!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2020 04:45 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday was a long one they were introducing a new chemical in moms soup that can have adverse effects so they put it in over six hours she had no bad reactions so next trip they will go in standard time went Walmart and Costco no paper products anywhere this is just silly !
went back for second treatment on Friday and scored two rolls of paper towels at Fry's woo hoo ! the paper goods isle was cleared five little rolls of paper towels I got my usual two rolls. people are morons I have never been more sure of this happy flu season everybody !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted March 21, 2020 06:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter told me last night, when I told her all about my Walmart adventure that up where she is, they let seniors in the store an hour early, on the theory that there might be something on the shelves. She also said, (and this blew my mind) that she is expecting an Amazon shipment of toilet paper today. And I told her that it's totally ridiculous, the whole idea of buying TP over the Internet and having it delivered. I'm now convinced that the fucking Chinese are gonna win and we will lose. Reason: like somebody said when Barry was president, we has a virus going around for 6 months and 1,000 people died before anybody even gave it a thought, much less blamed the president for sleeping at the switch! After thinking about it overnight, it came to me: the Media loved Obama and they hate Trump! Sometimes, when I come up with something this profound, I think, Boy, Boski, you are a real sharp cookie! Yet, I'm still in The Land of the Fruits and the Nuts....

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: I remember when I was still working, rubbing elbows with techno geeks and we would get the Times every morning and it was like kids reading the funny papers. Only we were all looking at the 4 page Fry's ad for deals on RAM and shit like that. I'm talking about the big electronics store, not the grocery store Fry's. We don't have any Fry's grocery stores anywhere around here, but I used to drive to Orange County to shop at Fry's and just marvel at all the goodies. Right now, I haven't been in a Fry's in 6 or 8 years, and there's one in City of Industry.

[ March 21, 2020, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters