The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » I find this to be most interesting!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I find this to be most interesting!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted February 06, 2020 12:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems the culprits for the continuing brush fires in Australia are, (ready for this?) Birds! Specifically, Black Kites pick up smoldering twigs and help spread the fire so as to kick out more insects and other critters that flee the fire which they zoom in and gobble up. They don't start the fires, they just spread them and prolong them....Bigly!

So, do we shoot them, while marveling their resourcefulness? PETA would have a fit over that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=199&v=LiFC1_FYd84&feature=emb_logo

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31268 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2020 02:11 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Funny that nobody has seen any peta people helping to fight those fires.

[Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7482 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2020 07:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
PETA has zero legitimacy. But the worst offender is the Humane Society. They solicit donations and bank it. They don't do adoptions, but they euthanize virtually every animal that people give up. Their budget is spent on advertising during the holidays. They are a fraud!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 09, 2020 04:33 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
They sit in nice office's on Madison Ave. counting the money sent in by well meaning little old ladies.
That watch their tear jerking commercials! Pics of shivering dogs scraggly little mutts and the like special place in hell for these folks !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 09, 2020 07:05 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My brother in law, Bruce, this guy was involved in a serious car accident when he was about 21, in college and "working" as a LAB ASSISTANT Sooooo, that was the last and only job he ever had and qualified for social security. Since then, he never drove a car, and never paid rent, living in his mother's house for 40 some years and then living with his brother for another 20, banking his share of the sale of Mom's house and his only expense being magazine subscriptions. Of which he had, like 20? National Geographic and The Smithsonian, Audubon Society, etc.

My point is, he had a few bucks stashed away because he was the definition of "freeloader". I asked him one time what he intended to do with his "estate" and he said; "The Humane Society, because I love animals." He passed away about a year ago and I assume that is what happened, I have no doubt the donation was at least six figures. Doesn't make me sick, to think about it, instead, it pisses me off that some people are so unaware.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters