The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Took a ride

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Took a ride
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2020 04:18 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday. Busted the snow machines out yesterday for a short ride.
Just went around the corner from the house about 5 miles or so.
Unloaded in the big turn around and rode up one canyon.
Saw 1 big doe and 2 fawns by her side.
Was riding up a road where someone had been riding a tracked ATV.
Just the wrong width so a lot of back and forth for the person in the front. Which wasn't me. He tipped over a couple of time.
He was riding the Skandic and I was on the Tundra.
Got up high and deep snow. I managed to tip the machine on it side and roll off into the snow. Then couldn't get my legs or arms underneath to get up. I floundered around in the snow for several minutes. Finally got things working and got up. Had to maneuver the other machine around to pull mine back up on the track. We called it quits there got turned around and came back out. Of course the other half just had to go follow the atv tracks out and he dumped the Tundra over a couple of times. I stayed on the road with the Skandic.
We've been debating back and forth of getting tracks for the new UTV for snow and such. Yesterday was an eye opener for the other half. He realized he is no longer 25 and we both can't move these machines when tipped over bad. Especially the Skandic. It's huge and heavy.
Anyway we didn't ride long gave the dog a good workout. He ran the whole way up which was a couple of miles in the snow and up hill. He rode out on the machines until the last couple hundred yards.
Any way I'm sore and stiff this morning. Glad we took a small break in ride and not the big one we would like to go and do to see some country.
Seen mainly deer tracks and fox tracks. No wolf or lion tracks. Same area last year had a female with 3 kittens in this drainage. But it also had a ton of deer in it too.
The Skandic doesn't have 250 miles on it. Been stored under cover. It rides like a lazyboy at times other times it's like a wild bronco. Skidoo made the new machines to narrow in the front skis. They are tippy big time. But over sized skis on to correct the problem it worked to some extent but didn't totally fix it. We just aren't flexible enough anymore to ride rough country. Also tracks on the UTV with a windshield and heater doesn't sound to bad anymore. But dang the cost of those tracks are almost the cost of a new sled or atv.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2020 06:38 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Sore and stiff is always good.
Means that you got up and did something.
Body in motion tends to stay in motion / Body at rest tends to get Last Rites.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2020 07:47 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy thoughts KoKo
I'm about ready !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2020 08:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sleigh Ride! Just hear those sleigh bells jingling! No thanks, I'll keep the fire going, for when you get back, wet and frozen. And, Triple A will not go out there to bail you out.

And, by the way. I'm wondering why I keep paying those people. In this day and age, GPS and all, they still can't find you unless you are in plain sight, on the Interstate! Kinda like Paul's propane delivery.

Suddenly reminds me of the time the transmission went out on a buddy's Jeep in beautiful mountainous and snowy Wyoming. I thought we wuz fuked but he got on his radio and some ham operator relayed our location and damned if we didn't have a tow truck in that God forsaken wilderness, WITHIN AN HOUR! I still haven't figured that one out?

But, like with Paul's adventure, the last time I needed AAA, that idiot passed me THREE times and then just never heard from again. One of those independent drivers helped me out or I'd still be there. But, like everything else, AAA's membership dues just went up again. I remember when it was towed to the nearest contract station and we got our money's worth because it was 168 miles, and COVERED! They have since corrected that error.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: another thing: I had free towing on my Titan along with 100,000 warranty. I called them once, not far from Paul, but nearer Williams. And, I still haven't heard from them! AAA might have a problem here and there, but it's coverage is better than any of the others.

[ January 30, 2020, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2020 03:16 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't cold nor wet.
Think of Artie Johnson on his tricycle on Laugh in. That is what the other half looked like a couple of times yesterday.

Your are right getting out off of bedrock was the hard thing. Wound up today even took a walk. Not far just enough to knock the cobwebs off the body. Sitting for 4 months has taken it's toll on me.
Felt good in the sunshine even though we look like some damn holiday ski resort area. We've got SNOW everywhere and it's piling up.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2020 04:19 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

When my hunting partners and I first got Mountain Bicycles we would ignore minor muscle signs until the Quad muscles cramped. Hurts like Hell and results in doing an Artie Johnson, at which point one of our caring group would ask "ARE YOU DAMAGED ????"

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2020 05:49 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Loved Artie Johnson toy boat !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2020 05:52 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Peeking from behind a house plant ! in a Nazi
uniform !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2020 06:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The whole show was hilarious! I missed a lot of Monday night classes and instead, watched Laugh In.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2020 06:38 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Here pour some shit down your chest .
inside joke lol !

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2020 06:41 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Mostly keep going !

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters