The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » as I was saying....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: as I was saying....
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted January 26, 2020 07:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There is no end to what the nanny state can dream up to protect citizens. I just ran across the item below. Pay very close attention to the part about searches when they "suspect" negligence!

quote:
The state has a preemption law prohibiting Seattle from enacting even more draconian gun laws, but the city has managed to push the edge of that envelope. It has passed tax levies on the purchase and sale of firearms and ammunition and requires all gun owners to keep their firearms locked up when they aren’t being carried, whether in their vehicles or at home. The mayor has even threatened to use local police to search residences of homeowners suspected of leaving a firearm out in the open.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31416 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 26, 2020 04:21 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, ............. that would be 'shall not be infringed' !!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7563 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 26, 2020 05:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but. Anybody can have suspicions, it's when you act on unsubstantiated fears that it gets tricky. We are talking about Ultra Liberal Seattle in very liberal Washington State. Personally, I'd be afraid to live there! Think about it. My curious neighbors would be talking, and for sure one of them would say; "you know, I saw a big heavy thing when he moved in, and it wasn't a refrigerator! it could very easily have been a GUN SAFE! So, why take any chances? We need to get a search warrant and find out for sure! The lives of out children is at stake! Who among us would want to be blamed if he suddenly snapped! I even heard he's originally from California! Those people are nuts! We don't want that kind in Seattle! Better safe than sorry!

And that's exactly how they would dream up a reason to invade my privacy and my civil rights!

Bet me!

[ January 26, 2020, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31416 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 26, 2020 06:21 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Trust me on this one .................
The very fact that you would be from CALIF. is reason enough for most of the local Washington State people to have no use what-so-ever for you.
There are of course, exceptions and some good people up there. They're rare.
To this day, I do not regret stopping at the Wash. state line on my move to Az. and running across the freeway to urinate on the Welcome To Washington sign.
And now, they can invade your home 'cause somebody's 'not comfortable' ???? [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7563 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters