The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Climate Change? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Climate Change?
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2020 04:26 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't like Remington's never have why would i spend $700. on a rifle just to take it to the smith and make it shoot. Just buy a Savage, little ugly but right out of the box accurate.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2020 04:39 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
And mine went right in
to the smoker !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2020 09:31 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't disagree more. The Model 700 Remington is a classic and I trust it. I have no quarrel with Savage, never owned one, I ordered one, once, but canceled a 22-250, before it was the 22-250 Remington. So, I'm thinking that must have been about 1964, or so? Probably a big mistake, when I bought a 98 Mauser instead? But the 270 did everything I wanted, until I started hunting coyotes and that gun was never what you might call a tack driver. Very adequate deer and elk but night shooting at standing coyotes way out there, it produced a few off shoulder hits and runners. 110 gr, Sierra. I sold that rifle, wish I had not, I'm not that type, (like some others, here [Smile] ) But then, they do tend to be stacked in the safe, although in those days, I had lots of room with racks in a triple bolted door. I was late, with a burglary to appreciate the advantages of a real safe. I lost a 25'06Ackley with a beautiful laminated thumbhole stock in that deal, was never adequately compensated. It was made by PO Ackley himself.

Rambling a little, excuse.
Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31492 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2020 04:10 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dave its straight overhead never seen that!
!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2020 08:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It is? Supposed to be due north. How can north be straight up? I will give it a try tonight. But, I did hear something about magnetic north having shifted a bit. Would have to be more than a "bit"? It's been showed on maps as around 13 degrees off true north. But it's been gradually shifting for a long time. That's due to all of Lance's hoarded gold stacked up in the back bedroom. You cannot take it with you, Lance!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2020 09:29 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Been 14.5 my entire life which anit shit in the scheme of things!

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2020 10:04 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard you know more about rifles , hand guns and ballistics , Handloading than than I ever will I respect your opinion ! I just love my little savages. ! ugly as a pup but great shooters !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2020 11:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, but I don't disagree with your choice. Savage makes decent rifles. Some say the reason is their barrels have cut rifling instead of swaged or button rifled but for whatever reason, they do perform way out of proportion to the price.

I have an old friend that was quite involved in bench rest competition, something I personally have only done rarely. But, the thing about him was that he used a Savage heavy target and was not embarrassing himself at the end of the day with others using super custom actions and barrels and everything exotic and custom, price no object. That says a lot for Savage, and was duly noted by the guys on the next bench with $20,000 rigs. In this case, especially next to the gleaming hardware all around him, his rifle was especially butt ugly.

What I'm saying is, sometimes those Savages are stinky but they seem to shoot. The 110 action is very sound, by the way. Seems like these days, they aren't giving them away?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2020 05:01 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah it's really a lot warmer this morning than the weather peeps where saying. Until you stop and read the wind chill.
18* outside. wind chill 3*. At least we only our snow yesterday was just flurries and nothing added up.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2020 07:55 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Calling for snow here but I don't think so!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted February 03, 2020 08:08 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
We are back to shirt sleeves, here. At night, I need a blanket. For a while, last month, no sense in getting the car washed, but now it's blue skies. Mountains have plenty of snow sticking. All in all, looks like spring has sprung?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2020 11:19 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I wish.
More storm coming in Wed.
Hope we keep the donut hole thing going and it just "mist" us as we call it. The rain and snow usually goes right on by.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters