The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Here's something I could get behind!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Here's something I could get behind!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted January 10, 2020 09:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Mike Rowe, the guy that does the narration for shows like Most Dangerous Catch has been suggested as a candidate to run for governor of California.

It seems like these days, one of the top qualifications for political office is being some kind of celebrity. Maybe Ronald Reagan started that trend, not sure? But, it's getting out of hand! Total amateurs are jumping in with both feet!

But, I like Mike Rowe. The guy is a lot smarter than you might think and I'm sure he could do the job, even if he has to fight a total Democrat legislature. Yes, it's that bad!

Just think about it. The way the primary election is set up in this state is designed to perpetuate the party in power. In the last election, if I'm not mistaken, the only choices for Senator and Governor were both Democrats! Because they placed on the ballot, the two highest vote getters from the first election, and not one from each party. So if the losing Democrat gets more votes than the winner of the Republican, (what the fuck is that called, the primary?) then what is the November called, the general election? So that's how we get a choice of Twiddle dum and Twiddle Dee Both Democrats! How the hel did they get away with this, I don't know?

So, if a little bit of Conservative celebrity can help generate a few more votes for Mike Rowe, then I'm all for it!

This asshole Gavin Newsom is a complete Liberal Ideologue. He's a white Barry Obama, and that's the nicest thing I can say about him.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31492 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 09:48 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Remember gavin newsomes
wife doesn't have a dik !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 10:58 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
One Party Ballot ????
Where have I heard of this before ????
Russia mayhap ????? [Eek!]

To think what Calif. once was in the early '70s and what it has now become is enough to make one want to weep.
It took a 6.5 earthquake to drive me out but I'm glad it did.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7589 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 12:20 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
It seems new voter registration doesn't include Republican ?
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 12:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Leave it to Paul. He thought of the only other reason to say something nice about Gavin Newsom!

edit: and yes, one party elections. The choices for US Senator from the State of California were
Kamala Harris, or
Loretta Sanchez

both Democrats!

Sanchez is the one that went with her maiden name to harvest all the Latino votes in her district and defeat
Bob "B1 Bob" Dornan. A travesty, he was a very good rep from Orange County.

edit: I don't have to mention how racist the other side is by voting for a Hispanic sir name. It's a huge problem. No matter what, Mexicans will vote for a Spanish sounding name, if they don't know a damned thing about the candidate. like AOC!

[ January 10, 2020, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 03:02 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
https://qalerts.app/media/e49f71cd151ecdcdf4e7a390b0495a8d2894658de75567a464e8ed 48d21da5ca.png

add
https://qalerts.app/media/1875a5252cc7796290af7c88e53b1f2c1fa6244ae527013bcd9addef1337df6b.png

[ January 10, 2020, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2020 06:00 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
lol 1\

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2020 06:02 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
My wife came in and said don't you think its a little early to Strat drinking !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2020 07:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what to think? Drinking never occurs to me, for some reason. Just for the hell of it, I was at Walmart and happened to be pushing the cart down the liquor aisle which now has locked glass doors so people can't help themselves and stuff a couple bottles down their pants.
So anyway, I saw a bottle of Christian Brothers Brandy and said, you know that sounds good! I used to pack a small bottle when hunting in really cold temperatures, but that was years ago. I haven't hunted Colorado mountains in probably 15 years?
So, (what a hassle!} Finding somebody with keys. Then they take your purchase up to a certain cash register and you can pick it up when you are ready to check out. They must really lose a lot to theft?

Okay, where was I? That was 4-5 months ago and the bottle is still up there, unopened. There is an unopened bottle of Maker's Mark up there also, and it's been there since the reception we had here after Nancy's funeral, 14 years ago. I had a glass of wine with everybody at Christmas dinner. Only because it was sitting there, already poured.

I have to be careful with alcohol, I have a one drink limit, due to the medication I take. I just don't miss it or crave it? Now orange juice? That's another story. At any one time, I probably have 3 to 6 bottles in the fridge. Not the concentrate stuff. I can't live without it! I'm not a water drinker, hate the stuff! But I buy whole milk 2 gallons at a time. And yet my calcium is still low? But water? Forget it! Pat, my old hunting partner used to call me, The Camel. I don't even use water to take a pill. Nancy would never be seen without a glass of ice water beside her, never fail! My dad was a big water drinker. Me? I can't stand the stuff!

So much for your trivia for today. Sorry to ramble.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2020 09:52 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
My tongue is still burning from the radiation and will continue to burn for a long time water tastes like shit everything has a slightly metallic taste
but corn liquor still tastes like corn liquor! Makers Mark is useless in the bottle Leonard !
Lol Just fukin wit ya !

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters