The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Moods

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moods
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 06:13 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
do I seem grumpy asking for a friend ?

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 06:34 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
NO YOU DO NOT !!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 07:28 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes

edit: more times,
but understandable

[ January 10, 2020, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 07:50 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Rather than "grumpy", I'd describe you as pragmatic, and consistently so.
Posts: 1630 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2020 04:13 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I get that way at times. I tend go for a week or so with a mad on and grumpy at the world.
All someone has to do is just email me or talk to me on a forum and then it's gone.
Since I'm not/can't do much this winter it's been more so than usual.
But I go do my stretches for the knee and ride the recumbent bike and things seems to go back to normal.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2020 07:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, he's no beauty queen, that's for sure. I dunno, maybe grumpy is too harsh? Sour disposition.... occasionally. And, BTW, he picks on me about my solar!

But, in all seriousness, if all I had to look forward to was eating a pureed steak sandwich , with a straw, I'd be a little disappointed myself. Then, should you go to a restaurant for a milkshake, where they quit providing straws, (to save the turtles), and hard telling what might happen?

But I hand it to ya, Paul. You have lots of energy and seem to get things done around that little Hacienda. Far more than I, that's for sure. You have literally built that place from scratch. I don't even remember a gate, last time I visited?

Hang in there, grump! [Smile]

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2020 09:59 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I have movie face the chin of American dad the neck of Frankenstein's monster and the mouth of the Grinch ! LOL Thanks for the props Leonard
I try !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2020 07:36 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
You are a Curmudgeon....we are all Curmudgeons. Embrace it! It's a badge to be worn honorably...you/we earned it.

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2020 09:25 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
WELL! If it isn't Mister Creedmore himself!

Not fair and not true. I just remember Geordie as one of the few to slam, damn with faint praise, the Criedmore, How the fuck is that spelled anyway? But don't remember 6 or 6.5?

Anyway, I've been dying to make a comment aboutthe fact that it seems the most popular rifle in America is CREEDMORE! And I'm sick of it! Apparently, the most accurate chambering, by far and incorporating Voodoo! I think bullshit. But every damned rifle make gives too choices, one Creedmore and 308Winchester. BORING!

But, they are pounding sand up our ass! Accuracy is magic and it's in a word It's no longer bedding, premium barrels, all that technical stuff. No, now, all you need is some magic cartridge. All you need to be successful and harvest game is a Creedmore, sit back and claim your trophy!

I'm so sick of Creedmore, I could spit!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2020 12:07 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Real men shoot 30-30s.

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2020 01:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG!

Yeah? Might as well. A cartridge designed for "real" black powder....you know charcoal or saltpeter? Handloaders are advised to stay away from cartridges with the gentle sloping shoulder. But hell, at those internal pressures, why worry? I don't recall anybody talking about trimming 30/30 to length? If you were to chamber a bolt gun in 30/30 and bump the pressure to 55,000 or so, that case would grow a 1/4 inch upon resizing. ko ko, you don't do any of that stuff, I don't think, right? Archery tackle and shotguns might be your forte'?

If I ever get into bows and arrows, I will consult with more prominent members of the horse and buggy faction. You....via smoke signals. Yes, just as efficient as your email service provider. I have a vision of your retro power source, a small rodent inside a wheel. lol

Okay, I will quit picking on ya. [Smile] Take care,
Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2020 02:42 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the Real Men Shoot 30-30s is a take-off from my observation that as we are given more & more technology, woodcraft skills are lost in direct proportion.
We have an entire generation of neo-hunters that can't find camp without a GPS, & need a 600 yard rifle 'cause they can't get any closer to game. Then there's clothing that with the latest camo pattern will make one invisible. Scent free, too.
Too many wouldn't know the difference between a baneberry and a red currant.
Then there's the tree stands (nicer than my first apartment) over food plots and a side X side to get there in. Lets not get me started on the road hunters in side x sides.

Just say'n if you see somebody hunting with a 30-30 they likely know a bit or they're a stubborn old fart. Or both.

And yeah, ............ I own a 30-30. Prefer pointed sticks but who knows, might use it someday when I get old.

Thus end-eth today's rant.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2020 03:08 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I still own a clear plastic map compass made by Silva don't use it much anymore ! Used it for many years !

--------------------

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2020 05:47 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm so sick of Creedmore, I could spit!
Well get hydrated Lb, 'cause guess who is shooting a .22 creedmore !!!

I took a barrel that had been on a 22-250 ai with a very eroded throat. It shot well when I took it off, but I didn't trust it to last much longer. Had a smith remove the tenon and re-chamber in 22 cm. Its a 12 twist throated for the lighter 50 to 60g bullets.

I wasn't trying to find something better than my 22-250 ai, I just wanted something that simplified my brass situation. Fire forming brass is no big deal; but now, I could give a shit weather I find my spent casings or not. I easily got the same performance as my AI (actually a little better velocity). I will be interested to see if there is any better life on primer pockets. I still hunt some with my AI, but my 22cm is here to stay. (forgot to say the 22cm is on a dedicated night rifle)

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2020 04:40 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2020 04:47 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
peeing on a bar towel

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2020 06:42 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
That's a visual I could have gone all day without.

[Eek!]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2020 08:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't understand? But, that's ok.

Maintain!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS the mention of somebody night hunting sets my heart aflutter!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters