The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Of course, I always knew it was bullshit, but....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Of course, I always knew it was bullshit, but....
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted January 08, 2020 09:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
fell for it anyway. Yeah, I have all those solar panels on my roof, and thanks to government subsidies, the installation costs were zero. How does that figure? I don't know, but it looks like my non-storage solar electricity is slightly cheaper than just paying Edison. But it's because of the environmental weenies convincing legislators to pass the laws subsidizing residential solar.

So, we come to the commercial aspects in the below article. That's where we have to put a boot on the throat of the PROGRESSIVES that are forcing this expensive technology on taxpayers and consumers. There is no way any of these renewable solutions are workable and even with government subsidies, they are still 4-5 times more expensive than natural gas generation.

It's time to shut up the ENVIRONMENTALISTS and generate electricity cheaply and in a environmentally friendly way, and it can be done! But, their solutions are insane and it's time we put a stop to it! No more expensive solar and no more expensive wind generation. They never talk about all the batteries needed for storage, and with the wind motors, these things wear out and it's high maintenance, and the scandalous part is the amount of birds and bats that are killed by these eggbeaters!

Anyway, here's the article. We need to stop the greenies from controlling environmental policies. They love everything else about Europe and France, but are dead set against Nuclear energy for obscure reasons? I'm saying it; what the fuck is wrong with natural gas generation? It's cheap and plentiful. Liberals are stupid and crazy, and dangerous because they are SUCH CONTROL FREAKS!

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/01/another_expensive_solar_scheme_bites_the_dust.html

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31467 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ATexan
Knows what it's all about
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2020 04:53 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
Natural gas all the way. That's what I do for a living, I am a natural gas compressor mechanic in Texas. We have plenty of wind turbines but gas is still the only way to go. We don't have tree huggers were I live, we have hard working folks trying to feed our family's and live a decent life but it seems California and the hippies are gonna make it really hard for us around here. This country is beyond messed up and getting worse everyday. Feel for you LB.
Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2020 06:11 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
If your solar does not come with batteries you re being fucked end of rant . Nowhere near the grid and loving it !
I use propane to heat my water and cook ! and after that they can kiss my ass 1!!!

[ January 09, 2020, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2020 08:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Propane is where they are fuking you, Paul. (and, everybody else) I know it cannot be helped, but in The People's republik, we have the Public Utilities Commission and they tightly regulate the prices of natural gas....but not butane and propane. And, that stuff is unreasonably high priced, because they can. I think it's over five bucks a gallon, more than premium gasoline and Diesel.

I know you keep saying how I'm getting screwed, and somehow, I can't argue. But, it didn't cost a cent for installing that stuff. And, in another month Edison will settle up on the yearly compensation which is going to be about forty dollars. Every month, I get a bill for 3dollars or maybe 5 bucks? From Edison. Then I have to pay the solar company, and it is somewhat cheaper than what I was paying Edison before the solar. Soooo, it is not costing me MORE and it might be costing me a little less, but the details are sufficiently muddy that I can't figure it to the last decimal point.

Where they did fuk me is the reevaluation on my property assessment. In actual tax, it's a few hundred dollars more annually. Like I said, murky. But, am I really getting fucked? Not by much. But that's it, something is going on and I can't figure the angle?

Part of the reason is that the demand is variable, day to day and month to month. Just because this January is cheaper than the January two years ago, it might be due to climate variations?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS I did threaten to just throw the switch and stop the cells from feeding my panel. They didn't say too much, but that's when they gave me a different rate; in fairness....

[ January 09, 2020, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 04:09 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I prepay for my propane in the summer saving a ton don't really use much a full tank lasts me three or four years ! Really pisses them off ! They want to come out and keep me full and bill me , I tell them don't come through the gate unarmed I'm an asshole !!

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 06:10 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I ordered a hundred gallons and the stoned moron that came out after driving past my house twice in both directions BTW I'm the only place within a mile
Filled my tank full looking at his order he said sorry. I paid him for the hundred now I get threats to come out and shut down my service I told them your fuking problem $20 bucks a month till its paid come through the gate at your own risk. I will pay them for their fuk up I'm a fair man !

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 06:56 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
On the solar I will never say told you so ! your ass should heal in a few weeks !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 07:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You didn't say; "I told you so" You only mouthed off after the fact when carping wouldn't or couldn't change a thing. That doesn't fit my definition of: I told you so. You have to offer that advice before I sign up.

Maybe I can add my own batteries? I never asked.

Would I do it again? Interesting question, because It's still an open question, as far as evaluation. I'm just not sure what the angle is? But, IS it costing me money? I really don't know? That property re-assessment was not something expected, and it did jack my tax by about $400 a year. I'm thinking it's a total wash, considering the "savings" versus the increased taxes. Maybe that's the angle? A conspiracy?

Now, I wonder how I will re shingle, when I need it with all those solar cells in the way? The roof rats like the shelter, though, there is about 4" underneath the panels to build a cozy nest.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: One thing I like is the upgrade they did to my service panel that was already maxed out when I built the 800sq ft addition years ago, but that sub panle is also maxed out. Anyway, they did a super nice job on the new service panel, you really can't even tell it was a modification, a hell of a nice job and gives me lots of capacity for the welder instead of using the dryer outlet. It's really a first class job and didn't cost a dime.

[ January 10, 2020, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 08:22 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL !

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 09:06 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
You will need equipment to have batteries I assume you have an inverter you will need a charge controller and maybe a few more things the solar scam got many I see them on roofs every where I installed my system its a simple deal if you take a step at a time ! I have no idea how to get out of that dilemma !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 09:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
dittos

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 11:07 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Never did understand solar panels on the roof.
Seeing more & more solar panels shading parking areas though. Seems to make more sense.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 12:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
First, Paul, I'm not all that consumed by the situation. I'm fairly confident that I'm not being bent over very far, and I can assure you, whatever money is involved, plus or minus, is in low hundreds and not thousands. I do know inverters, actually revolutionary in the way they can control by varying frequency, and solid state rather than starters, if you know what they are?

As to solar on the roof; I admit, I never thought of it and if I had a car port or whatever they are called, that would be an option I would have seriously considered. Maybe not, though, because the coverage I have is on three different roofs all facing south, and a carport wouldn't be nearly enough. But, it's a hell of an idea, where applicable.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: driving around town, here and there, I see some solar panels that actually look like eyesores. This is one thing I like about mine, you would never know it because I have a northern exposure, and all this stuff is in the back of the house. besides that, I am above everybody to the south of me and they can't see it either. Airplanes, yes, but nobody else would know that I'm one of the dummies with solar power! edit: unless they know what an inverter looks like?

[ January 10, 2020, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 01:02 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, you wanna see ugly ????
Imagine, if you will, solar panels on a Spanish Tile roof.
Just ain't right.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2020 03:34 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I have! That's what I'm talking about!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2020 05:57 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Smh LOL !

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters