The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Now the shit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Now the shit
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2020 06:51 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
We have been thru the shit with my wife's cancer we had to get a doctors referral to see the oncologist we got the appointment and thing's proceeded we had blood tests we had a port installed a major fucking deal. we had a pet scan and are scheduled to have a class on chemo then the chemo starts this Thursday we gat a call yesterday they said the referral is no longer any good because of the change in coverage as of the 1st of the year we now have to get a doctors referral for the new coverage best we cant get so far a month and a half out if I loose my wife these people are in for hell like they have never seen !
!

[ January 08, 2020, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2020 07:21 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Unfuking believable that our health care system is this screwed up. Hope things get sorted out for your wife soon.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2020 07:50 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
This is bullshit. There has to be a way around this ?

I know you. You will get something done. You will raise holly hell.

[ January 08, 2020, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2020 08:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about the Bureaucratic delays, Paul. God knows I have seen that stuff with my problems. It's always, do it before some artificial deadline expires. and it always includes a threat that you have to start over, that's just how this shit works, to keep the traffic moving along.

One thing I found out after several delays and cancelations was a provision for "same day" appointments. (let the dog in; where was I?) Yes, I called and got an appointment the same friggin'day! Now, if I called the appointment center, you are always looking at 3 weeks, so I don't know how it works, but there seems to be solutions, if you only know about them?

There has to be something you can do? We are dealing with people, not mathematical equations where there is one right answer and a million incorrect answers.

I've met the lady, had dinner with them, she deserves consideration. And, with his condition, Paul doesn't need this worry. There is a coordinator or customer service rep somewhere that is paid to cut through the crap for people in need. Seek out this person!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2020 11:11 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Nowhere near as serious and emergent as your current situation, Paul, but I fully understand the frustration you're feeling with all the bullshit. I've been four years trying to get my son some basic form of health insurance. Denied at every turn. Administrative Law Judge says he can work. Social Security's job expert says there are plenty of jobs here that he can do, despite never having met him or knowing anything at all about his medical history. When we tried to bring in statements from the doctors who have actually seen him through court-ordered appointments and evaluations and who unanimously have stated that there is no way he can work a job of sufficient degree that it would provide him health insurance, or when we tried to submit his vocational rehabilitation and job placement experts' statements attesting to their actual, hand on first hand impressions of his abilities and limitations, we were told that wasn't allowed at this level of hearing.

He is working a 20h/wk part-time food gig at $8/hour which pays for his cigs and sodas, but he can't support himself. They want him to make a supporting wage, and despite being a year-plus clean and sober, I'm okay with him easing into having pocket money but not too much right now, until he's a little farther out of the woods. My main concern is that he has no way to start counseling and he wants to start that to ensure that he doesn't surrender back to his addiction. Judge is too fucking stupid to understand that.

I will preface my next remarks by saying I mean no one any harm or ill will, but two years ago, after being denied over and over for disability despite being completely and totally unable to support his family, then being told that his denial was just the way the process works, this guy leaves, then comes back to the SS office and shoots the poor bastard that denied him earlier that day.

My first thought when I saw the news story was, "Well, ... yeah. I can understand his being that upset." I mean, my son's current status is the product of a SHITLOAD of work by him, and no small commitment in terms of time, energy and grief by his mama and me. I may be somewhat pissed if the "process" fucks that up.

Does the clinic or facility have a patient advocate whose job is to help folks in your situation to navigate the bullshit?

[ January 08, 2020, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2020 04:00 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
My wife got it done after miles on the fone with patience of Job she got it done so now we wait for the new schedule in our lives ! Theses are people I would have killed as useless participants in life. Thank God I'm not in charge !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2020 04:14 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Most of the problems with the health care is how Obama set it up made it into law. The medical fields have to follow protocol now. There is no way around it.
It's enough to make you drink or kill someone. Nothing is simple anymore or any common sense to it.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2020 04:17 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Its okay EW I drink and kill people !

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2020 04:20 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Obama that jug eared pig eyed piece of shit he should have been exterminated like a pack of coons !

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2020 04:22 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Along with the chick with a dick !

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2020 06:34 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
What, Paul ??????
You don't find angry women with Adam's Apples attractive ????

Good to hear your wife's getting things straightened out.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2020 09:08 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was hoping somebody would be reasonable, and understand that time is of essence in this case.

As far as that Piece of Shit, Obama, those people were beyond clever in how they wrote Obama care, knowing it was ignorant legislation and yet setting up insidious legal roadblocks to frustrate REPEAL. It was all done with a FUCK YOU ATTITUDE! It just proves how evil Liberals are! They MUST CONTROL EVERYTHING, even when they realize that they may be out of power and somebody might want to repair the damage. Trump is doing what he can, and I give him a lot of credit for his effort. And, I don't know the exact problems but I know that Obama didn't make it easy to change it. And, that's the sick part. But the ray of hope is that in his haste to get it all done, he used "Executive Action" rather than fighting it through congress and that's why Trump can UN Executive it. Either way, it has to cause Obama to pucker his ass, realizing how Trump is dismantling his friggin' law, a piece at a time.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: And, BTW. Mike Obama is HOT!
And, dresses to the nines! <barf>

[ January 09, 2020, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters